Remove Advertisements

Feeling a bit uneasy with JoL Threat.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Arcand » Tue Nov 11, 2008 4:55 pm

Splug wrote:I doubt all aspects of tanking are balanced at 70. They're certainly not intended to be, though if they just happen to be as a result of sheer dumb luck, cool.

Most obviously, warriors will gain (if I'm not mistaken) zero big new threat-generating abilities in the next ten levels. At 75 we get Shield of Righteousness which is a pure threat generator and a fairly strong one.

(And, for whatever it's worth, we have Ghostcrawler's pledge that if we get to level 80 and turn out to be feeble tanks, they'll eventually fix us.)
Arcand

Postby Macawber » Tue Nov 11, 2008 7:46 pm

Arcand wrote:... warriors will gain (if I'm not mistaken) zero big new threat-generating abilities in the next ten levels.

I don't necessarily see how it's relevant anyway, but warriors do get Heroic Throw at 80.
Macawber

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Nov 11, 2008 8:33 pm

If you don't like the way JoL works, it's seems appropriate to voice that now. It's a mechanical problem that isn't going to magically be all that different at 80 than it is at 70. The sooner those concerns get to blizzard the better and lots of complaints about the same thing do eventually resonate with them.

As long it has zero impact on our balancing of DPS/TPS at 80, I don't care that much, but if threat becomes an issue again as GC has been hinting at, I suspect all the other tanking classes will care. If it is considered in the balance, it's incredibly poor design and should be changed and our DPS/TPS compensated in some other way. So it seems to me in either situation it's bad for the game, either we get screwed in low raid damage fights or all the other tanks get screwed in high raid damage fights.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Belarkan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 12:20 am

Fridmarr wrote:As long it has zero impact on our balancing of DPS/TPS at 80, I don't care that much, but if threat becomes an issue again as GC has been hinting at, I suspect all the other tanking classes will care. If it is considered in the balance, it's incredibly poor design and should be changed and our DPS/TPS compensated in some other way. So it seems to me in either situation it's bad for the game, either we get screwed in low raid damage fights or all the other tanks get screwed in high raid damage fights.

At level 70, it really hurts.
I finaly got Kalecgos down, brutalus died pretty fast after.
I haven't seen JoL doing so called insane threat as a couple of other paladins hav reported.
Then, we had a go on felmyst. JoL just added nice extra threat. I pulled the aggro from the MT by just judging it.
Judgment of Lolthreat just make paladin threat retarded if you ask me.
Belarkan

Postby kvark » Wed Nov 12, 2008 1:18 am

Someone really should make a post requesting the blues to take a peek at it after the wotlk fog has cleared up a little. The devs only read US forums, of which I cannot post, but I'll try to put it out there to see if I can get other to test it a bit.

I'm kinda happy about most of the answers in this threat, it's been fairly constructive and it's cleared up a few things. If someone discovers something new, please let us know - and if someone on the US servers feel they are able to make a proper constructive post like the ones in this thread, I'd love to see it brought to the devs and designers attention that we see mto be designed with a flaw at the core, making our threat scaling with the damage to the raid, rather than our gear :)
kvark

Postby Katamai » Wed Nov 12, 2008 2:57 am

JoL threat is retarded, impossible to balance and has to go. The sooner they do it, the better.

It's a logical thing to do, thus, we know Blizzard will never do it.
I... was... once... called... Ashbringer...
My... son... watched... me... die...
KILL... THEM... ALL!
Katamai

Postby Belarkan » Wed Nov 12, 2008 5:09 am

kvark wrote:I'd love to see it brought to the devs and designers attention that we see mto be designed with a flaw at the core, making our threat scaling with the damage to the raid, rather than our gear :)

Actually, I haven't seen GC reacting on this so I assume we'll have to live with.
I also assume that with the wotlk launch, teams will have a bit more urgent work to hotfix things rather than think about long term solutions.
I just whished GC would post something about this being on their radar and postpone the fix a bit later.
Belarkan

Previous

Return to General