I hate fishing

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

I hate fishing

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:51 pm

Now, seriously, 4 hours, 2 deaths by guards, 4 ganks, more than 500 fishes.

Whoever invented this achievement must burn in hell.

Now, time for Old Crafty, but at least that one won't get me dead -_-

Secondary thought, how exactly did 500 fishes live in lava?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:57 pm

Why aren't you in the forlorn cavern?
Amirya wrote:some bizarre lovechild of Hawking, Einstein, and Theck
majiben

Postby Arees » Wed Nov 05, 2008 5:58 pm

lucky you. I started fishing just last weekend from 0 skill. I'm at about 330 skill, and 1300 fish caught, and no Ironjaw. I have done all my fishing in IF in the fountain outside the mystic ward....
Arees

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:03 pm

Majiben wrote:Why aren't you in the forlorn cavern?

Horde + Forlorn cavern + Full server = ???
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:04 pm

Worldie wrote:
Majiben wrote:Why aren't you in the forlorn cavern?

Horde + Forlorn cavern + Full server = ???
Still a lot safer than doing it in the middle of IF. Also do fishing off peak hours if you really don't want to be caught.
majiben

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:12 pm

It's 2 am here now ;)

Forlorn caverns has no place to hide, you get spotted by anyone who passes by.
You'd be surprised of how perfectly hidden you are there, expecially if you are a blood elf and /lie. It's behind a big coloumn, and the part where you can be seen isn't usually populated (it's on the other side of the fly path).

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:14 pm

What i'm wondering is also what's this doing here, i was sure i had posted it somewhere else.

Ah well, -> moved myself.

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:15 pm

If you use water walking pots and stand at the very back of the cavern it's not so bad. Throw on a pirate costume and you'll be unnoticed for the most part.
majiben

Postby Worldie » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:23 pm

Red name :(

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby majiben » Wed Nov 05, 2008 6:37 pm

You'll be suprised at how well that deception works though. Give it a whirl. Remember to stand as far from the road as possible and to fish and get to IF at different times of the day so you don't get corpse campers or search parties looing for you.

Also tons of people play without names on players to remove clutter.
majiben

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Nov 05, 2008 7:04 pm

They may have fixed teh bug last patch, but the fish from Org used to be fished up on the very first cast if you had the Crocolisks in the City quest. It worked for me.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Zoltar » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:23 pm

Grats Worldie.

After catching Old Crafty and Mr Pinchy last night IF is next on the agenda.

500 fish you say. Ouch.

Nah, the first cast thing for Old Crafty must be random. Did the crokolisk quest twice in the past 2 weeks and never saw Old Crafty. Took about 70-80 casts last night to get him. On the plus side I did get to mash an ally rogue that thought I couldn't see him fishing behind a tree in Ogrimmar.
Zoltar

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:32 pm

Zoltar wrote:Grats Worldie.

After catching Old Crafty and Mr Pinchy last night IF is next on the agenda.

500 fish you say. Ouch.

Nah, the first cast thing for Old Crafty must be random. Did the crokolisk quest twice in the past 2 weeks and never saw Old Crafty. Took about 70-80 casts last night to get him. On the plus side I did get to mash an ally rogue that thought I couldn't see him fishing behind a tree in Ogrimmar.

Somebody else on WoWhead said the same thing, though. I dunno what it was. Just seems pretty crazy that I'd catch him on very first cast after the patch.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Thalia » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:38 pm

Ya most of my alliance guildmates who care about the fishing achievement have all gotten the rare from Orgrimar...but they all went at like 2 am server time.
Thalia

Postby knaughty » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:47 pm

I have fishing 1/75

Why are people fishing in cross-faction capitals?!
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Next

Return to General