Remove Advertisements

I want a single target taunt! (caps lock ftw)

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:38 pm

Slightly offtopic and just for your info Jtree, that is considered game harassing, you should have reported them, since they abuse of a game mechanic (the leash mechanism).
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Rom » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:50 pm

I hear you on this. I had the alliance do the exact same thing to me. I was exceptionally annoyed, and GMS response of "I will look into it" means they wont do anything.
Rom

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:53 pm

They occasionally will warn people for doing things like that. I have at least one friend who got a warning for griefing people in similar way to that.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Keikan » Fri Oct 31, 2008 11:47 am

I had something similar happen to me. An alliance warrior kept taunting my shadow trying to drag it away. Luckily I had a holy paladin with me so every taunt was quickly followed by a holy wrath of HoJ and a burst of threat. It was pretty annoying though that I could not actually taunt it back while the warrior could keep taunting it off me.
In the end we did get it down without the warrior resetting it.
Keikan

Postby Jtree » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:05 pm

Worldie wrote:Slightly offtopic and just for your info Jtree, that is considered game harassing, you should have reported them, since they abuse of a game mechanic (the leash mechanism).

Weeeeeeell, since it's a PvE server, I made a horde toon to whisper the guy and tell him exactly what that stunt had cost me. I was polite at least, only called him a bastard once. I suspect that might have been a no-no in Blizz's eyes as well.

After that the dude stood there and did nothing at the next shard when I popped a shadow. The benefit of the doubt suggests that maybe he thought he was saving me.

But I doubt that.
Jtree

Postby gmf1 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:21 pm

Hello, im wondering if our taunt gives us highest threat on that target like warrior taunt does? When a warrior taunts his threat goes straight to the top of the list, im not seing that with ours.

Our warrior and i have about the same threat gen, on malygos after coming back from the demon i go to taunt off the warrior, after 2 taunts the warrior still has double my threat yet ive poped wings and gone nuts, our taunt seems to do nothing but make the boss look at us for 2 seconds is this right?
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby Fridmarr » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:36 pm

gmf1 wrote:Hello, im wondering if our taunt gives us highest threat on that target like warrior taunt does? When a warrior taunts his threat goes straight to the top of the list, im not seing that with ours.

Our warrior and i have about the same threat gen, on malygos after coming back from the demon i go to taunt off the warrior, after 2 taunts the warrior still has double my threat yet ive poped wings and gone nuts, our taunt seems to do nothing but make the boss look at us for 2 seconds is this right?

I replied to your post on the wow tanking forums, but you didn't mention that the boss did attack you briefly. The warrior didn't have vigilance on you did he? Taunting with that could give him a massive jump in threat. Our taunt is supposed to give us threat the same way the warrior taunt does.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby gmf1 » Fri Oct 31, 2008 3:46 pm

Ok np ille do some tests tonight see what i find out, we are a bit compeditive even if we wouldnt admit it for all i know he could have had vigilence on me or just have been taunting it back off me :) But i taunted twice and seriously saw no effect, were still trying to get it down so we wiped before i could get a third off.

Its not the first time ive had this problem eaither, when the mob will come to me then go staright back to gank the over dpsing clothy, usually a lock :) Its just a pain when you taunt and expect all to be good only to haveto run over and try and pick it up again cause our taunt sucks.

Edit: Although that last sentece mightnt be taunts fault i surpose dps seem to just spam there abilities whether the mob is beating on them or not, you would think they would stop dpsing but they dont seem too :) but they must think you can hold agro on 15 mobs 1 seconds after pulling.
gmf1
Maintankadonor

Postby Io.Draco » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:40 pm

Heh I just love being on a server with 90% horde , I have only seen 3 alliance on all the crystals I destroyed , wich is around 20
Io.Draco

Postby marsbubble » Sun Nov 02, 2008 7:32 pm

I agree with the single-target taunt idea, this thread needs to get linked into blizz forums for GC to read.

Its a bad one but halazzi fight is an example of how a multi-target taunt can make things really messy. any fight with two or more boss mobs can = wipe if you can't handle a spike in damage until the warrior taunts off you.
marsbubble

Previous

Return to General