How long will your guild take to clear Naxx10?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

1 Week
14%
2 Weeks
11%
3 Weeks
11%
4 Weeks
27%
5 Weeks
14%
6 Weeks
23%

Total votes : 44

Postby Dianora » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:33 pm

I posted on my guild forum on cooperative effort of getting people's main level up to get into Naxx10 as soon as possible. I figure 2-3 weeks after WotLK hits the store is sufficient amount of time to get there. And then someone replied that was a bit on the optimistic side. So how long do you think your guild will take after WotLK to get to Naxx10?
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Petrus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:36 pm

I'd imagine 4 weeks - we had a fair number of people learning the fights before Naxx disappeared, and from what I can see they won't be terribly hard. 4 weeks after we start it, I think we'll have it clear, and I'd expect us to be able to shore up a raid group about a week or two into the expansion.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:38 pm

Petrus wrote:I'd imagine 4 weeks - we had a fair number of people learning the fights before Naxx disappeared, and from what I can see they won't be terribly hard. 4 weeks after we start it, I think we'll have it clear, and I'd expect us to be able to shore up a raid group about a week or two into the expansion.

My question is actually not how long will it take you to learn Naxx, but How long will it take you from WotLK retail to full clear (albeit, the original timeline I posted on my guild form is 2-3 weeks from retail to getting into Naxx).
Last edited by Dianora on Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby Vanifae » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:45 pm

I would say for my own guild 4-5 weeks, but really the race does not really begin till Ulduar.

I figure more experienced guilds will be farming Naxx by Christmas.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Petrus » Wed Oct 29, 2008 2:52 pm

I'd say 6 weeks, then. Sartharion probably 7 or 8, Malygos probably 10 to 12.
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:13 pm

December of 2010

Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby kurros » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:21 pm

4-6 hours at first, probably down to 1-2 hours for a full clear when everyone completely outgears the instance.
Anyway, lets just agree to disagree. Go away, or I'll just start reporting you to the mods for being a troll. In exchange, I'll stop pointing out your stupid in public.
kurros

Postby Conaan! » Wed Oct 29, 2008 3:27 pm

1 week? foo i got no time for that, just jokin

probally 2-3 weeks to learn all fights, but i know my core team right now knows how to adapt and stay out of poison/slime/fire and dodge globs
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Levantine » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:04 pm

My guild isn't counting Naxx as Progression at all. We'll blast through it the first time we have 10/25 people that fit some kind of decent raid group.
Levantine

Postby Grehn|Skipjack » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:13 pm

Hoping no more than 4 weeks, but something is going to toss a wrench in the gears. I can feel it. /ominous music
The Seeker.
Grehn|Skipjack
Maintankadonor

Postby cap_x » Wed Oct 29, 2008 4:56 pm

Although we haven't really talked about it i can see us all at 80 and geared within 1-2 weeks of release. will probably take us 3 weeks to do a full clear seeings the size of it. we'll have it on farm by feb i would say. after everyone gets back from the summer/fishmas/NY break.
cap_x

Postby Digren » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:23 pm

I will not rush through the leveling content to get to raids. There's plenty of time for those, too, without the need to blow through the other enjoyable parts of the game.

That said I one of the first in my guild to hit 60, and 70, and likely will be for 80 as well, since I only have one character and can play most nights if I wish.
Digren

Postby Dianora » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:38 pm

Digren wrote:I will not rush through the leveling content to get to raids. There's plenty of time for those, too, without the need to blow through the other enjoyable parts of the game.

That said I one of the first in my guild to hit 60, and 70, and likely will be for 80 as well, since I only have one character and can play most nights if I wish.

Lucky you. I have the pally main, the disenchanter/dailies mage and the new BS/Mining DK to level. Woe is me.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Postby xstrykr » Wed Oct 29, 2008 5:51 pm

I'd have to say six weeks as well.

As one of the few people that my guild has left that plays regularly, getting enough raiders to 80 would be the first chore. Plus the vast majority of people in my guild are casual-hardcore players, in that they'll play a few hours a day for a couple of weeks, take a couple of days off, play an alt for a few days, rinse and repeat.

Doesn't help matters that I'm taking a two week family vacation over (American) Thanksgiving - so I lose 9-10 full days of leveling/learning instances there. So my goal is to get my tankadin to 80 before I leave for my vacation - even though I've got two weeks off, I purposely set aside a few days extra to spend on LK. Plus our current raid leader (if he stays) is supposedly heading to another country to study abroad, so his time zone difference could screw things up too.

EDIT: I'd actually go so far as to say that it'd take 6 weeks to even START Naxx-10, given my guild's membership... but I'm optimistically hoping that we'll start in mid-December and have it almost cleared by the 6 week mark.
xstrykr

Postby Corman » Thu Oct 30, 2008 5:29 am

Over 9000?!?!?!?!

In 10 man, I'm hoping only 2 weeks or so.

In 25 man, oh I won't even fathom a guess there. Our 10 best is easy to gather up. Some of them were in old Naxx, so hopefully that assist in learning the fight. But to add fifteen more cats to the heard, I just don't see it happening that fast.

We would have trouble time after time with the same 3 people in Gorefiend dying. There was simply no hope. The week all three took off, we went from wipefest to one-shot and had so much time left over we cleared MH, gruuls and Mag to fill up our extra raid time. :/ I'm not even sure they'll all level at a rate fast enough to even start it before the core 10 are past it :/ Then I see problems developing.
Corman

Next

Return to General