Remove Advertisements

Best Tankadin Farming Spot Post 3.0.2?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Conaan! » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:02 am

Jonlo wrote:Stratholme!

I make about 80g an hour and get a chance at the mount.

this is the way to go, when i was farming i got 20+ stacks of runecloth, 20g in repairs from 4 runs (including one death, bad mistake during first run cost me timer), vendored all blues, came out after all 4 runs, with a total net gain of 210g and a mount
Lore wrote:JEAPORDY: CREEPY BASEMENT EDITION
Conaan!

Postby Kelaan » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:40 am

Jasari wrote:The fastest money making activity for me is running people through SM:Cath....

Entire run takes about 5-6 min, a little more if you loot everything (which I usually don't). With this, I can make between 150g-200g in about 30min, minus about 6g for repairs. Blizzard only allows for 5 instance runs per hour so after the 5 are up I usually call it quits and go repair and empty bags.

Suggestion:

- If you're an engineer, carry a repair bot to sell crap and repair.
- You can run SM Cath, and then SM Armory (takes about the same), and THEN reset. This nets you a bit more gold from drops and stuff, and you might charge a bit more for the extra xp. (Have a friend compare the xp from each.) If anything it's more stuff to sell/DE if you have it.
Kelaan

Postby buckit » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:49 pm

to update my progress:
been running ramparts quite a bit...
so much so that I find lowbies to run through the instance
I tell them I want all green drops and all groups have agreed thus far.
with their help on dps and heals I can clear the place in about 8~ minutes.
Usually nets me about 4-10 greens and not much that gold from mobs obviously but I get lots of free enchanting mats.

Soloing is the better choice for making cash.. but helping lowbies somehow makes me feel good =)
Buckit
Cho'gall
70 prot pally
buckit

Postby Jtree » Fri Oct 24, 2008 10:57 pm

Conaan! wrote:
Jonlo wrote:Stratholme!

I make about 80g an hour and get a chance at the mount.

this is the way to go, when i was farming i got 20+ stacks of runecloth, 20g in repairs from 4 runs (including one death, bad mistake during first run cost me timer), vendored all blues, came out after all 4 runs, with a total net gain of 210g and a mount

Been running Strath for Argent Dawn rep, but do seem to be making money ont he side. Runecloth for rep (just need exodar now), sell the blues that drop. As for rep, each run seems to be 2.5-3K AD rep, after turning in all the stones. And shots at a the mount, which is pretty cool. One more mount and I get the 25 achievement, so I'd like that one to be a freeby (and another achievement?)
Jtree

Postby Daeren » Sat Oct 25, 2008 1:00 am

Kurinnaxx in AQ20 gives about 50-60 gold, takes 13 minutes to kill (roughly) and only has a bit of trash before him. Haven't tried second boss yet.
Daeren

Postby Andryana » Sat Oct 25, 2008 2:07 am

Daeren wrote:Kurinnaxx in AQ20 gives about 50-60 gold, takes 13 minutes to kill (roughly) and only has a bit of trash before him. Haven't tried second boss yet.

Is it easily soloable? (never been to AQ)

I agree with strat specially because of the runecloth, don't know if it's the people trying to get the ambassador title but it's been on some crazy prices on my realm, and if you are an enchanter you can always get some gold by disenchanting.
Andryana

Postby Daeren » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:43 am

SoV/C + JoL/W + HoR + Holy shield and alot of kiting makes a dead kurinnaxx. I had zero problems killing him.
Daeren

Postby Rorshach » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:02 am

Daeren wrote:Kurinnaxx in AQ20 gives about 50-60 gold, takes 13 minutes to kill (roughly) and only has a bit of trash before him. Haven't tried second boss yet.

Second one should be even easier, if longer due to it being a bunch of waves. BoSanct plus SoLight should keep you up just fine.
Order of Medivh ~ Maiev US PVP
Sarcasm: it's a lifestyle
Rorshach

Postby buckit » Sat Oct 25, 2008 7:37 pm

I did kurinaxx with 2 ret pallies and myself (prot pally)
it was cake
Im thinking a prot pally can solo this no problem, but with help it goes faster!
2nd boss wasnt too tough, too bad the npcs didnt spawn =/
attempting buru right now
Buckit
Cho'gall
70 prot pally
buckit

Postby phaqueue » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:17 am

it's really seeming like strat is the way to go... especially as an enchanter... but even as not...

I'm currently specced ret - my friend is specced Prot - the other night we decided to race.

he pulled a TON more mobs than I did (I know the pathing a little better), and still only came in about 3-4 minutes behind me...
he lost some time on bosses (until he decided to pull about 5-6 mobs with the boss) but gained a TON on the Aboms at the end (pulled the whole room... without a FotC)

Just a thought - but it seems this is very profitable either ret or prot specced... tons of money and runecloth to sell
phaqueue

Postby Elsie » Sun Oct 26, 2008 7:25 pm

phaqueue wrote:it's really seeming like strat is the way to go... especially as an enchanter... but even as not...

I'm currently specced ret - my friend is specced Prot - the other night we decided to race.

he pulled a TON more mobs than I did (I know the pathing a little better), and still only came in about 3-4 minutes behind me...
he lost some time on bosses (until he decided to pull about 5-6 mobs with the boss) but gained a TON on the Aboms at the end (pulled the whole room... without a FotC)

Just a thought - but it seems this is very profitable either ret or prot specced... tons of money and runecloth to sell

Next time go with a set of prot gear and a set of ret gear. Equip the prot gear and aoe grind like prot spec using holy light / divine storm / ret aura / consecrate / judgment. Then on bosses equip retribution gear (using outfitter, itemrack, or closetgnome) and rape some face. You should save 5min or more.

I still don't want to try prot on the baron run. Those mana drain mobs.. even with sanc would be a pain imo. More likely to die to web-silence, too.
Elsie

Postby Sober » Sun Oct 26, 2008 10:44 pm

baron run as prot is easy. I made the same mistake of trying to lolonepullgo! all the mobs and the crypt fiend webs = bad, so are necromancers. Done with AD rep but probably wanna head back since they buffed the droprate on the mount and runecloth for rep turnins. Just take your time and make proper pulls; I can easily get to Baron with more than 15 minutes left on the timer.

Anyways, when you come into the gauntlet, single pull crypt fiends and banshees, then LOS them around the corner you came from. Try to stunlock cryptfiends (yeah, HoJ, HW), especially ones that also silence with the root, or spam BoF. For banshees, try to burst them down (as prot, yeah) or stun on them casting AMS.

At 70 though, you can easily jump between pats and not pull. If you see a path to the next Ziggurat, try to take the side with the ghouls, otherwise hugging walls as you progress should be fine. Just favour the side with the ghoul pack instead of the caster one.

You can take the banshee and necro minibosses where they stand. For the Cryptfiend miniboss, I suggest LOS back into the corner where all the bugs spawn when the gates close - also watch out for the box in that corner otherwise he evades and gets health back but otherwise similar to a regular crypt fiend but more hp. He has a pull prior to him which is a bitch if you get triple necro (It's a random crypt fiend and 3 of shadowcasters/necros and their skele friends).

To Baron (from the Necro miniboss zig), head straight, there are some fountains, pats won't pull, head off to the right side of the path and pull the ghouls, kill em then head to the Slaughterhouse/Abom courtyard. Pretty clear what to do from there.

Remember you can DS aka full bubble soloing this place, especially the pull before the crypt fiend zigg. You'll lose the timer debuff but it stays. I think it also comes back when Baron mocks you at 10m and 5m anyway.
Sober

Postby KysenMurrin » Mon Oct 27, 2008 5:30 am

Strat is so easy now. I used to hate the Necromancer pull right before Maleki, but now between Consecrate, HotR and AS they go down in seconds. There are two bad pulls I've found - trying to enter the alleyway between Anastari and Maleki after skipping the trash nearby = bad idea (I've started taking the bug trap gate instead, then cutting across the fountain, it saves time), and the pull right before Nerub'enkan can be bad if you're webbed and drained (it's the only place I've actually been killed, and that pull isn't really skippable, as Nerub'enkan likes to web you and move away into the nearest pack). Hand of Freedom won't stop the Crypt Stalkers silencing you, but you won't get rooted, so you can get into melee range and use Hammer.

I skip as much trash as possible. Kill the first banshee as I enter the gauntlet for the hell of it, but after that it's pretty much just the group by Nerub'enkan, occasional annoying Gargoyles, and the ghoul packs along the walls.

Even though I skip so much, I still get 4-5 stacks of runecloth a run, plus all the blue drops from the bosses and usually some BoE greens and blues. 6 Corruptor's Scourgestones if you kill Barthilas (I kill him on the way out) and usually two stacks of Invader's - after turn-ins and using tokens I was getting around 2k rep a run, which is nice for less than 45mins work.
I don't play WoW any more.
Donnan - Nangun - Kysen - Kysen - Mardun - Timkins

Mostly-Book Blog.
KysenMurrin

Postby Elsie » Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:05 am

I normally just cut a path of destruction. It adds about 3-5 minutes, but in sunwell ret gear you can kill 5 undead stupidly quick with divine storm, consecrate, and holy wrath.
Elsie

Postby djlar » Mon Oct 27, 2008 9:04 am

I'm a miner and I'm farming motes of earth in the Netherwing mines, with it farming netherwing rep, I just hit Revered, 21K to go for the drake mount. I also go for the adamantite ores outside when "booteranging" the peons.. (funniest thing ever).
djlar

PreviousNext

Return to General