Erza Chatterton Passes Away

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Lore » Fri Oct 24, 2008 8:37 am

I removed the dumb argument posts from the thread. If you'd like to continue posting in this thread, do so in regards to Ezra, not in how others choose to pay their respects.
Lore
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:07 am

Lore wrote:I am hesitant to step in here because it's a touchy subject. Ezra was a dedicated WoW player, so much that his dying wishes were to leave an impact on the game that he loved so much. How on earth is it in anything but respectful that the game be referenced in honor of him?

The only thing disrespectful to Ezra's memory in this thread is the fact that I'm having to moderate it because you're all bickering over how other people choose to pay their respects.

The intention is what matters here, not the medium. I highly doubt anyone intended to mean Ezra disrespect.

Yeah, for example: We don't know each other except through this game. I wouldn't mind if a similar analogy was made if I were in the position.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Aertho » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:14 am

Was his voice recorded for the game? Because I ran into a Tauren near the bridge to Bloodhoof Village that said "Greetings Traveller" in a very very young voice. Only it was purposefully deepened, like the boy was trying to sound like Michael Dorn. Still, was cute and made me smile. That was Ezra wasn't it?
Aertho

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 24, 2008 9:20 am

Aertho wrote:Was his voice recorded for the game? Because I ran into a Tauren near the bridge to Bloodhoof Village that said "Greetings Traveller" in a very very young voice. Only it was purposefully deepened, like the boy was trying to sound like Michael Dorn. Still, was cute and made me smile. That was Ezra wasn't it?

Yeah it was.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Aldonza » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:39 pm

Here's something that Wowinsider just posted in regards to Ezra and some words from his father:

http://www.wowinsider.com/2008/10/24/ez ... ir-support
Aldonza
Maintankadonor

Postby Chunes » Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:59 pm

that put a lump in my throat. :(
Chunes

Postby fudomyou » Fri Oct 24, 2008 2:28 pm

Chunes wrote:that put a lump in my throat. :(

Mine, too.

If a few WoW players can look at the world around them with a new appreciation thanks to Ezra's story, then Ezra has done more good in his short time than many people ever can.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Ivohnix » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:03 pm

Never giving up until the end, against all odds... The flame of a true tank burned brightly in your heart, and your memory will continue to stand tall for all eternity.

You may have been taken from us far too young, but were brave beyond your years. You are inspiration to us all.

You will be greatly missed.

/salute
Proud Blood Knight of Silvermoon

Who will save the savior when his time is nigh?
Ivohnix

Postby Losbullitt » Fri Oct 24, 2008 4:09 pm

How sad.

This makes me miss my daughter even more.

RIP.
Losbullitt

Previous

Return to General