Buff cap "change"?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Buff cap "change"?

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:42 pm

I've noticed something interesting: we were doing Illidan some days ago, and due to the sheer amount of HoTs and shamans, i was at the buff cap.

Since i was worried about my important buffs like RF, fort, ... falling off, i kept a eye on them.
The interesting change i noticed is that whenever i'd get a new "buff", instead of replacing the oldest buff i had, it just won't apply.
Example, i judge, since i'm at 40 buffs, i don't get the Libram of the Lightbrinber's proc. Also, if i had a crit heal on me, i wasn't getting Inspiration.

Anyone experienced similar situation and can confirm? I haven't been able to reach the buff cap again yet.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Warcraft » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:46 pm

I have never, ever hit the buff cap. And what is this doing in WotLK? GUARDS?!
Warcraft

Postby Worldie » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:47 pm

Good point, for some reason i thought i was writing in General.

Moved :P
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Caelia » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:58 pm

Worldie wrote:Good point, for some reason i thought i was writing in General.

Moved :P

I hit it the other night in BT, but wasnt paying attention to what happened, at least i think i hit the buff cap. I can count 41 buffs right now from this screen:

Not hard to hit the buff max with like the 6 halloween candys or how ever many are going around, they all stack, so you get x4 of each and then when you get low to about a minute or 2, take another and go back up to 30 mins,
In Progress: Fury Warrior: Tailwhip
All Retired: Holy Priest:Appletons | DK Blood Tank: Dreadborne | Prot Paladin: Welsh
Caelia

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:18 am

Raidwide Auras... srs business...

And this Beacon of Light is starting to annoy me too :\

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby degre » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:22 am

You don't like bacon?
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Worldie » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:25 am

*moves out of a BoL range*
woosh
*moves in of a BoL range*
woosh
woosh
woosh
woosh
woosh
woosh
woosh
woosh
woosh
woosh
woosh
woosh
woosh

Hlep :(

Worldie
Global Mod

Postby degre » Thu Oct 23, 2008 12:31 am

Ok, got the idea :D
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien | Sousuke
degre

Postby Consecrate » Sat Oct 25, 2008 4:53 am

I tried to PuG Hyjal last night but kept dying on every single trash wave with Abomnations.

Now that I look back, with 4 resto druids it could have been this that was causing the problems...
Probably the worst named paladin ever.
Consecrate

Postby SmurfZG » Sat Oct 25, 2008 8:30 am

if you had that many hots on you you shouldn't be dying :>

If this change is real I'm glad. I was really annoyed when we were doing brutallus a few months back and my flask fell off every fight. quite expensive.
SmurfZG

Return to General