the achievement system SUCKS

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Hankthetank » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:22 am

Belloc wrote:... Have you seen any death knights?

No, they're not in the game.

Gone to the character creation window lately?
Hankthetank

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:23 am

Hankthetank wrote:

Have you SEEN a death knight lately?
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 21, 2008 9:28 am

djlar wrote:As horde, where do you get the alcoholic beverages? I can't recall bars at horde towns, alliance on the other hand has bars everywhere (thanks to dwarves)

They don't have to be alcoholic.

I've heard dudes on zepplins have lots of consumables. The innkeepers in Silvermoon also have crazy amounts of punch and pie.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby degre » Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:48 am

Belloc wrote:
degre wrote:
Khayne wrote:Can´t think anyone would be as stupid as start questioning all draeneis/blood elves about "Wy u no killed C'thun, nub!" or all DK´s about not killing Kil'Jaeden.

Why? Arent DK already in game? Yesterday we noticed people selling DK's glyphs in AH :roll:

... Have you seen any death knights?

/2 WTS sarcasm
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Dorvan » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:08 pm

degre wrote:
Belloc wrote:
degre wrote:
Khayne wrote:Can´t think anyone would be as stupid as start questioning all draeneis/blood elves about "Wy u no killed C'thun, nub!" or all DK´s about not killing Kil'Jaeden.

Why? Arent DK already in game? Yesterday we noticed people selling DK's glyphs in AH :roll:

/2 WTS sarcasm

If your earlier comment was intended as sarcasm, you failed on the delivery...after a while on internet forums you become inoculated to all but the most flagrant sarcasm, because anything else has probably been posted seriously by someone before. I've seen it all too often :P

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Bk992004 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:24 pm

Belloc wrote:
degre wrote:

I'm pretty sure he wasn't asking the question seriously, rather making fun of the people buying DK glyphs. Well, probably making fun of the sellers, but if people are dumb enough to buy them, you can't really make fun of the people selling to them.
Bk992004

Postby Khisvir » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:25 pm

I'm curious how many Alliance have done Ragefire, and how many Horde have done Stockades now?

I'm going to give Ragefire a shot when I get home, I think.
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Khisvir

Postby Vanifae » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:26 pm

Khisvir wrote:I'm curious how many Alliance have done Ragefire, and how many Horde have done Stockades now?

I'm going to give Ragefire a shot when I get home, I think.

I did Stockades.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Talmus » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:28 pm

I've had WAY more fun with achievements by purposely knowing nothing about them. I have no idea what achievements are available - once I saw the part about them not mattering other than as 'flavor' I've purposely ignored them. There's nothing like falling off a cliff, landing in cat form, having only 132hp's left and THEN seeing a little pop-up congratulating you for being an idiot. :lol:
Talmus

Postby Khayne » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:27 pm

Done stockades, took 2 deaths to get there but got the "kill 5 enemys in all their cities" on same run.

Interestingly those enemies dont need to be honorable kills,i´m pretty sure 2 of my kills we lvl 29 or so mage.

Srsly, a lvl 29 mage stops to look at me in front of stockades.

starts fireball. stops. I´m at full health.

starts again and shoots me for resist (or something pitiful, can´t really remember).

i judge him for double of his health bar.

Then few mins later i´m fighting guards, do a divine storm at exact time as he rezzes next to me.
Khayne

Postby djlar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:40 pm

I'm so going th SW with my rogue and at least getting the 5 kills and stockades, if I could solo Dire Maul I don't see a problem with stockades.

On SW can you pass the lvl 80 elite guards stealthed? or you always get aggro?
djlar

Postby Hankthetank » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:46 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:
Hankthetank wrote:

Have you SEEN a death knight lately?

Yeah I ran Strat just two days ago.
Hankthetank

Postby Khisvir » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:48 pm

djlar wrote:I'm so going th SW with my rogue and at least getting the 5 kills and stockades, if I could solo Dire Maul I don't see a problem with stockades.

On SW can you pass the lvl 80 elite guards stealthed? or you always get aggro?

Had a druid friend that got caught trying to stealth into Ogrimmar, so you'll prob get aggro.
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Khisvir

Postby Pizbit » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:25 pm

Belloc wrote:.. Have you seen any death knights?

Dude, calm down and get off your high horse you're making yourself look foolish.
The glyphs sell, why? Because they're being bought. Making DK glyphs = profit. It doesn't matter if they never exists or not, they're still selling. Get a reality check dude.
A lot of people buy gear for toons that can't use them yet, DKs are no different.
All you're doing is mocking yourself for not understanding that I'm making a profit. And on DK glyphs the profit margin is actually a LOT higher than glyphs for classes currently in game because those are a flooded market.

/ed/ It's only <1 month away, that's not very far ahead to think of at all. As long as people keep buying, I'm going to keep selling.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Sederia » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:28 pm

it's simple

the people buying the DK glyph's are the ones who day one or day two of LK will be lvl 70 DK's, they want to have their gear/glyphs/consumables all in place for them to mail to their new DK
Sederia

PreviousNext

Return to General