Remove Advertisements

the achievement system SUCKS

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby mavfin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:46 pm

Sederia wrote:and i'm pointing out, you could do someone a favor post WotLK and run their alt thru say Heroic Bot, but not been there since pre 3.0.2 patch... it says you have no clue....

And I'm thinking for LK content only would it even be relevant. BC content wouldn't be relevant
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Shamora » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:49 pm

The only thing I wish is that Achievements were tied to the account instead of the characters. I'm too much of an altaholic to stick to one character :(
Hearthstone Arena Stats
Server: PVP US Warsong, Horde - <Orbit>
Main: Keondra, Delver of the Vaults, Lvl 90 Assassination Rogue
Shamora

Postby Karock » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:12 pm

Signum wrote:I'm going to kick anyone out of my guild who doesn't love animals.

Lol ^.^
Karock

Postby fafhrd » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:34 pm

Well I just found out that the achievement system isn't quite as bad as I thought:

This is what most of my Hallow's End achievements look like:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/a ... 003007.jpg

Note the names of the towns and cities, and that I'm alliance. I wandered around various horde towns for a while, trying to sneak past the level 75 guards before giving up on them.

The Rotten Hallow one that asked me to get a quest from a horde NPC to ruin the alliance Wickerman in southshore (where I got a quest to ruin the horde wickerman in tirisfal) was particularly surprising, and probably where I clued in and decided to ask guildmates whether they were really doing the same achievements I was or not.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Pizbit » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:16 am

fafhrd wrote:Well I just found out that the achievement system isn't quite as bad as I thought:

This is what most of my Hallow's End achievements look like:

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c53/a ... 003007.jpg

Note the names of the towns and cities, and that I'm alliance. I wandered around various horde towns for a while, trying to sneak past the level 75 guards before giving up on them.

Odd, I'm alliance and mine look nothing like that. ALL of mine are aliance towns, or neutral(goblins).
Might want to ticket a GM and see if you're bugged and flagged for the horde version.
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Pizbit » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:29 am

ImageImage

ImageImage
Pizbit

Postby fuzzygeek » Tue Oct 21, 2008 12:47 am

Shamora wrote:The only thing I wish is that Achievements were tied to the account instead of the characters. I'm too much of an altaholic to stick to one character :(

Oddly enough, the Altoholic mod has Achievement support, so you can compare across characters on the same account.

I'm doing stuff on my paladins. Not so much on my other 7 characters. Screw that noise ...
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:20 am

I am doing stuff on Barathorn, the others won't bother unless they need to. I must admit, its quite good fun exploring etc. Not to mention getting my exploring friends to pick herbs as we run around and then make a fortune selling them.

Barathorn.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Khayne » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:03 am

I think even the guild that "is planning on making achievments part of "resume" they want from applicants", only uses the relevant information.

Say, you´re in a sunwell guild that still gears in BT, and want a few guys more but dont want to need to teach them all fights in BT.

*Check if done "Kill illidan"*

Cool, this guy has attleast been there before on kills before.

Or T6 guild wanting someone who´s done T5 too.'

Can´t think anyone would be as stupid as start questioning all draeneis/blood elves about "Wy u no killed C'thun, nub!" or all DK´s about not killing Kil'Jaeden.
Khayne

Postby degre » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:08 am

Khayne wrote:Can´t think anyone would be as stupid as start questioning all draeneis/blood elves about "Wy u no killed C'thun, nub!" or all DK´s about not killing Kil'Jaeden.

Why? Arent DK already in game? Yesterday we noticed people selling DK's glyphs in AH :roll:

Khisvir wrote:I'm having fun with the achievements, honestly.

I did the fishing diplomat one...four hordes were fishing in the same pool, and no one seemed to care, no alarms raised or anything.

Now I just have to fish up Old Crafty...

There are not just morons, mostly there are out there people who want to have fun like you. They just let you go.
I was in Southshore yesterday to do the eggs/bombs quests, entered the city, had tons of guard on me, allies started looking at me. They followed me as I entered the inn, watched me deal with the barrels and wave me goodbye as I left.

Now I only need to get the squashling in order to have a full clear of Halloween's achievements :D
(not countings masks as I've geard are going to be removed, done only 2 so far, impossible task...)
On EU-Kadghar: Degre | Beldegre | Degrotto | Koshien
degre

Postby Pizbit » Tue Oct 21, 2008 3:31 am

degre wrote:Why? Arent DK already in game? Yesterday we noticed people selling DK's glyphs in AH :roll:

I'm selling DK glyphs.

Why? BECAUSE THEY SELL.
Pizbit

Postby Hankthetank » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:02 am

degre wrote:(not countings masks as I've geard are going to be removed, done only 2 so far, impossible task...)

The achievement is not being removed, it's simply being removed as a requirement for the title.

As far as impossible, after 3/14 days, I'm at 9/20 masks. It just takes luck. :)
Hankthetank

Postby Karock » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:04 am

Hankthetank wrote:
degre wrote:(not countings masks as I've geard are going to be removed, done only 2 so far, impossible task...)

The achievement is not being removed, it's simply being removed as a requirement for the title.

As far as impossible, after 3/14 days, I'm at 9/20 masks. It just takes luck. :)

Getting the last 11 will take a lot of luck indeed considering that you can get duplicates =P
Karock

Postby Belloc » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:38 am

degre wrote:
Khayne wrote:Can´t think anyone would be as stupid as start questioning all draeneis/blood elves about "Wy u no killed C'thun, nub!" or all DK´s about not killing Kil'Jaeden.

Why? Arent DK already in game? Yesterday we noticed people selling DK's glyphs in AH :roll:

... Have you seen any death knights?

No, they're not in the game.
Belloc

Postby djlar » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:46 am

As horde, where do you get the alcoholic beverages? I can't recall bars at horde towns, alliance on the other hand has bars everywhere (thanks to dwarves)
djlar

PreviousNext

Return to General