the achievement system SUCKS

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Vanifae » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:03 pm

Arkhen wrote:Yes i know, i should have rolled on anything, but having that answer from a blizz employee sucks

Sometimes life sucks, go kill him again.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Dorvan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:03 pm

Arkhen wrote:Yes i know, i should have rolled on anything, but having that answer from a blizz employee sucks

Well, what answer would be more reasonable? The information wasn't recorded before because it wasn't needed....do you think if would've been better had they given absolutely no one credit for kills where it could be verified?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby djlar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:20 pm

Having a rogue that can open most doors to instances I didn't do the key quests, like I haven't kill the fel reaver, went to regular seth halls, did only 2/3 parts of the kara key,, enter SM w/o key, done the baron at Strat, or got the BRD key, man I'm not even attuned to MC ...
djlar

Postby guillex » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:22 pm

djlar wrote:Having a rogue that can open most doors to instances I didn't do the key quests, like I haven't kill the fel reaver, went to regular seth halls, did only 2/3 parts of the kara key,, enter SM w/o key, done the baron at Strat, or got the BRD key, man I'm not even attuned to MC ...

I'm not attuned to any of the vanilla instances, only because I never got to 60 before TBC came out.

I have the Strat and DM keys, but I don't think I have the scholo key ... Though I might.

Those things are easy to get, though... Earlier 5mans will go by super quick if you just find out what key it is, have someone open it for you, then solo to get your own key.

Why would you do it? Being a completionist, I guess... Other than that, who cares, right? :P
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Meliora » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:31 pm

I do not see what the big problem is with this system. Until now I had never really pushed myself to go back and kill c'thun, never saw a reason to max fishing and cooking for this paladin, or a reason to do quests for gold. Yet now I find myself challenged to do things I should have done the first time around and am having a blast.

Until this patch it was like pulling teeth to get a SP group, or a capable slabs run, etc. Now everyone wants to do everything. In addition the gold I am making from doing quests I skipped has actually been adding up very quickly. I think achievements are great and am very excited for new ones ^_^
Meliora

Postby Annabelle » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:59 pm

t's gonna be a fun time trying to get the one named fish outta Org on my Pally. I think I'll fish in my wedding dress and blow kisses to any horde that eyeballs me, hopefully I can be left alone long enough to fish him up.
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby Hankthetank » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:03 pm

Annabelle wrote:it's gonna be a fun time trying to get the one named fish outta Org on my Pally. I think I'll fish in my wedding dress and blow kisses to any horde that eyeballs me, hopefully I can be left alone long enough to fish him up.

You know, all I really have to say is....

... I'm so glad I realized pre-3.0 that those fish were already in the game. I got mine a week and a half before the patch, with no harassment. :)
Hankthetank

Postby Harlequina » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:52 pm

Achievements gives you something more to do in this game, but are fairly worthless in the end.

But who cares! : p

Finishing Timbermaw rep today for http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=943[/url] ! (the grind is faster now, you get 300 rep per 5 feathers)
Harlequina

Postby moduspwnens » Mon Oct 20, 2008 4:57 pm

Dorvan wrote:

Well, what answer would be more reasonable? The information wasn't recorded before because it wasn't needed....do you think if would've been better had they given absolutely no one credit for kills where it could be verified?

I had a guy in my guild today that just couldn't grasp this concept. He was just SO ticked off. "We killed faction leaders last week. Why don't we have credit?!?!" We explained over and over again that they didn't record this stuff, and if they could find a way (through drops or quest completion) to verify your kill, you'd get it.

I think some people just need to look at it from Blizzard's perspective.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby mavfin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:11 pm

Shoju wrote:I have already heard grumblings from friends whose guilds are going to be rolling achievements into their application process. They feel that it will help them find experienced and smarter raiders.

I don't worry about that part because I'm in my guild till I quit the game. But the fact that they

1.) can't get all the freaking dungeon stuff right.
2.) are going to let people use it as the new E-peen of WoW
3.) introduced it because warhammer had it

make me want to scream.

Oh, I wouldn't worry about it, Shoju. It just gives people something else to do when they get bored. Yes, there's several people in the guild having fun with achievements, and if you're worried about that, don't. We've been playing together for over 3 years and we do fun stuff like that. No one in our guild is going to worry about what achievements you've done or not done, I'll tell you that. And Morde won't look at it either if you decide you want to 25-man raid later. He'll have plenty of other stuff to look at.

I'm sure I'll end up with a couple of the titles using some of the time I get bored after the main leveling is done. It's just another fun thing in WoW. As far as Warhammer, who cares. Warhammer got stuff from WoW, and WoW returned the favor.

As far as old stuff I didn't get credit for, we raided with Keepers up through MC and BWL in the old days, and I got no credit for it on achievements. My Alliance warrior is exalted with Hydraxian and tanked Rags a bunch of times, and got no credit for it.

I'm not sure what's bothering you, Shoju. Just enjoy it and have fun. There will be plenty of stuff to tank or whatever you want to do when the expansion comes! :D
Last edited by mavfin on Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 20, 2008 5:28 pm

moduspwnens wrote:I had a guy in my guild today that just couldn't grasp this concept. He was just SO ticked off. "We killed faction leaders last week. Why don't we have credit?!?!" We explained over and over again that they didn't record this stuff, and if they could find a way (through drops or quest completion) to verify your kill, you'd get it.

I think some people just need to look at it from Blizzard's perspective.

Technology is hard.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Zoltar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:26 pm

Must take up fishing on my pally also now - level to 375, then catch Mr Pinchy again (my lock has caught him twice).
You can keep your Hand of Ad'al titles.......the name "Salty Scrubber" has a much nicer ring to it.
Zoltar

Postby Sederia » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:28 pm

dmok wrote:Frankly, I couldn't care a less about other people's achievements. The only thing I would probably ever care about, is to check if someone has done the instance on regular before they come on a heroic with me.

problem is until it's caught up it's useless

I got the H-SP, H-SV and another H at the same time I got their regs... just because it had no idea i'd been there
Sederia

Postby mavfin » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:39 pm

I think he means in the expansion you can check this.
--Mav
mavfin

Postby Sederia » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:40 pm

and i'm pointing out, you could do someone a favor post WotLK and run their alt thru say Heroic Bot, but not been there since pre 3.0.2 patch... it says you have no clue....
Sederia

PreviousNext

Return to General