the achievement system SUCKS

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:31 am

I'm so going to get my "!" tabard + my Hallowed title together!

-edit

Hm, let's add titles up!

The Hallowed Scarab Lord Blood Guard Loremaster Chiv, Champion of the Naaru, Hand of A'dal, Love Fool
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:32 am

I made it into RFC without so much as a horde looking twice at me.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby thomase » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:41 am

I think its a fun way to pass time tbh. Nothing to do? Polish explorations, get some titles.

Tomase, Guardian of Cenarius

/Flex
thomase

Postby Shoju » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:24 am

my freshly dinged mage is Maredeus Jenkins, while my paladin and rogue have nothing.
Shoju

Postby djlar » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:29 am

Snake-Aes wrote:I'm so going to get my "!" tabard + my Hallowed title together!

-edit

Hm, let's add titles up!

The Hallowed Scarab Lord Blood Guard Loremaster Chiv, Champion of the Naaru, Hand of A'dal, Love Fool

The Hallowed Scarab Lord Blood Guard Loremaster Chiv, Champion of the Naaru, Hand of A'dal, Love Fool, Of the Shattered Sun, Jenkins
djlar

Postby Dorvan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 11:42 am

Shoju wrote:my freshly dinged mage is Maredeus Jenkins, while my paladin and rogue have nothing.

For the 13th time, no one here is making you care about achievements. No one here is responsible for a guild using them in an asinine way they weren't intended for. If you don't like them, ignore them.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Khisvir » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:10 pm

I'm having fun with the achievements, honestly.

I did the fishing diplomat one...four hordes were fishing in the same pool, and no one seemed to care, no alarms raised or anything.

Now I just have to fish up Old Crafty...
Space for rent - reasonable rates
Khisvir

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:16 pm

Shoju wrote:I have already heard grumblings from friends whose guilds are going to be rolling achievements into their application process.

That's a great way to find guilds to avoid.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:26 pm

Really I have to wonder if the original poster just wants to complain to complain.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby guillex » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:27 pm

Vanifae wrote:Really I have to wonder if the original poster just wants to complain to complain.

Official Forums Syndrome?

OFS!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Arkhen » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:53 pm

Even though i like the achievements and kinda think its refreshing for an old game i dont find funny at all being in a guild in SWP and dont get credit for Hyjal (and there is no way my guild is going back for it) even though we killed Archimonde several times...
And getting an answer of a Blizz GM "...well you can always go back at lvl 80..." /sigh
Blizz should have waited or worked more on the achievements before going live, they did it only to counter Warhammer when they obviously have problems with the system.
Arkhen

Postby Dorvan » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:57 pm

Arkhen wrote:Even though i like the achievements and kinda think its refreshing for an old game i dont find funny at all being in a guild in SWP and dont get credit for Hyjal (and there is no way my guild is going back for it) even though we killed Archimonde several times...
And getting an answer of a Blizz GM "...well you can always go back at lvl 80..." /sigh
Blizz should have waited or worked more on the achievements before going live, they did it only to counter Warhammer when they obviously have problems with the system.

"Working on it more" wouldn't have solved your situation. Blizzard didn't have any reason to record Archimonde kills before the achievement system, so there's no way they could know that you've killed him unless you have loot that drops from him. It's an inevitable transition issue.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Vanifae » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Arkhen wrote:Blizz should have waited or worked more on the achievements before going live, they did it only to counter Warhammer when they obviously have problems with the system.

Warhammer is not the only game that has a similar system so using this argument is cheap and fairly weak.

It isn't perfect, but they at least tried to give people some of their previously rewarded achievements.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Arkhen » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Yes i know, i should have rolled on anything, but having that answer from a blizz employee sucks
Arkhen

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Oct 20, 2008 1:02 pm

djlar wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:I'm so going to get my "!" tabard + my Hallowed title together!

-edit

Hm, let's add titles up!

The Hallowed Scarab Lord Blood Guard Loremaster Chiv, Champion of the Naaru, Hand of A'dal, Love Fool, Of the Shattered Sun, Jenkins
Elder Matron Salty Brewmaster Chef Bloodsail Admiral, The Diplomat Exalted Argent Champion Ambassador Chiv Jenkins of the Nightfall, of the Shattered Sun, Champion of the Frozen Wastes, Conqueror of Naxxramas, Obsidian Slayer, Immortal Undying Magic Seeker, Twilight Vanquisher, Flame Keeper, The Hallowed Merrymaker Love Fool
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to General