I have a free fireball

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

I have a free fireball

Postby Arman » Sat Oct 18, 2008 10:40 pm

I just though I would write up this funny story for your general amusement and laughs. I thought it funny anyway

It does require a bit of buildup though :)

This concerns a run or in fact a series of runs with my guildies. We where doing heroichs, we all feelt very insultet by the fact that blizzard didn't think we had ever done SP or SH in spite of clearly remembering doing so a while back :? .

So there we are, all trying out new spells and specs and we start getting reckless. You know what I am talking about, we dont need no CC.
Then I dropped marking stuf because well... come on, WE DO BLACK TEMPLE and this is no challenge.

Soon we are chainpulling and laughing when something gets away to pull another group, its more "challenging" that way.

Now the mage gets really cocky and declares that he will purposly attack whatever I am not targeting.
He is frost and he figures he can just kite it for a bit if he pulls and besides, he is killing pretty much anything in 3-4 spell hits so we all laugh it off and keep going.

Now he starts to pull of me, and sure enough he kites it and kills it. Here is the kicker though, he starts making pulls himself

This is getting FUN (with caps, bacause I mean it), we are blazing through the mobs, running from one pull to another, the pally healer is constantly at 1/3 mana or less, the melee dps is copying the mage and start competing for fastest kil on mobs, we aren't stopping.

The mage especially is raving on vent about the new talents, especially the frost finger procs and the free fireballs.

Now I get a bit fussy on the details, but I know we where in BF at this point and had just finished a long hallway leading up to one of the bosses.

At this point the healadin is running on fumes, both lay on hads had been burned on the last pull, the melee is at half dead, EVERYTHING is on CD. The paladin healing declares a manabreak. The mage though is still at half mana and suddenly exclames, "I have a free fireball" and proceeds to pull. I will now type the outbursts from the group

ME: aargh, How I hate you (Mage)
Healer: Nooooooo (I can't be sure, but I swear I heard a faint whimper)
Warrior: why did you do that? ohh hell lets kill stuff
Rogue: ... shit

Avengers Shield is on CD so I swing away with HoTR, yay agro. 10 sec CD left on moroes pocket watch, one flash of light from my healer keeps me up: I pop my trinket and start praying to the RNG gods. I live through the next five seconds and finally get some holy light love.
Things looks like they are under control. My healer took a mana potion, we are gonna live.

"I got a free fireball" exclaims a thrilled mage on vent

That patrol which I narrowly pulled us away from suddenly makes a a turn and proceed to smash my healer into the ground. I did manage to taunt them after that...

There, now you have been warned, be afraid, be very afraid when you hear the words: "I got a free fireball"

Feel free to share your own stories of great runs, suddenly gone wrong.
Arman

Postby Egin » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:19 pm

ROFL!!! Great post.. The new dmg this patch has given just about every toon is a blast aint it?? lawl.. :D
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Hellscream&n=Adoraa

TheBaldGuy wrote:CC is when a tankadin runs into a crowd of mobs, lays down consecrate and proceeds to control said crowd of mobs. ;)
<--- LOL!!
Egin

Postby knaughty » Sat Oct 18, 2008 11:33 pm

Warlock: Nightfall procced, pulling
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby fudomyou » Sun Oct 19, 2008 2:17 am

Knaughty wrote:Warlock: Nightfall procced, pulling

With the new glyph stacking with nightfall, this is even more common. I have heard many a warlock whimper over voice chat when their character starts glowing and the fight is over. I've done some of the whimpering myself, but we're mostly disciplined enough to hold off on it.

But it's like holding back a sneeze! It's just painful!
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 3:03 am

It's more a matter of who pulls first, a DPS, or me with avenger shield as soon as it's off CD.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Pecu » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:10 am

It's more a matter of who pulls first, a DPS, or me with avenger shield as soon as it's off CD

isn't it obvious? Han pulled first!
Pecu

Postby SmurfZG » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:16 am

Pecu wrote:
It's more a matter of who pulls first, a DPS, or me with avenger shield as soon as it's off CD

isn't it obvious? Han pulled first!

"HAN SMASH! HAN SOLO!"
SmurfZG

Postby Worldie » Sun Oct 19, 2008 4:21 am

i c wut u did thar
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Faeth » Sun Oct 19, 2008 5:03 am

We were in Karazhan...Everyone was amazed at our pace and the ease of things...We just NUKED everything.. And i mean proper AoE no-break NUKED

We done everything up to prince in 57 minutes. With netherspite left. We had me (prot pala) and a feral druid. However after having killed Prince, the feral druid already ported out.

So with 9 man and 1 tank we were thinking "oh what the heck"...Let's try Netherspite anyways.

We went to Netherspite...i was figuring out beams and suddenly someone decided to pull a Leroy and rushed in...I was "OH FUCK" and ran in after him to pick up the boss and the red beam...Praying someone would take the green beam at least and no idea who would take the Red beam when i'd have the debuff.

I never needed to worry about the second red beam lol. The way it went in Karazhan...was just insane.
Faeth

Postby Sederia » Sun Oct 19, 2008 7:55 am

mine the mage was pulling everything with blizzard?, I think

claimed he only had 550SP, I think it was more like 1550 :lol: with how fast stuff died and him being the only one pulling off me
Sederia

Postby Shirak » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:08 am

We were doing heroic bot. Found out the hard way the AS now bounces farther, got all four sun channelers and they brought along a satyr for good measure.

It did not end well...
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby agamemnoch » Mon Oct 20, 2008 8:51 am

I had a failure of an arms warrior on Saturday in a Kara pug. I had not run it since the patch and wanted to see how my goodies worked out.

I actually had a bit of trouble working the rotation at first, but mostly due to that warrior. He loved doing his twirls and lying dead, to the point where 2 other warriors kept telling him on vent 'Dude, reduce the epeen. Calm down. 1 low DPS > dead DPS"

I let him die so often he had to hearth twice before spite. I was ready to kick him from the raid but that would have pissed people off and we were already 9 manning it, not that it mattered.
Armory Link Above
agamemnoch

Postby daemonym » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:08 am

Shirak wrote:We were doing heroic bot. Found out the hard way the AS now bounces farther, got all four sun channelers and they brought along a satyr for good measure.

It did not end well...

lawl! same thing happened to me a few days ago...it was messy indeed. but even with that wipe we still finished in 45 mins so no harm no foul =p
Again. What grim vision this? Blood stained tomb, beer cans, and piss. This. Is no life...for a god.

Stokpile/Zurathustra of Ysera-US, Horde
Makin the WoW gold blog http://theahpile.blogspot.com/
I have 2 million gold. http://theahpile.blogspot.com/2011/05/i-have-2-million-gold.html
Total as of 5-3-11: 2,064,000g
daemonym

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:14 am

I ran the heroic daily(ub) with a mage that had a similar attitude, but he didn't have a chance to pull, I'd plow through stuff SO quick with BoSanct that it's not even funny. 1 hour clears became 15 minute clears. If Shield was on cd, I was rushing to the next pack before even finishing the current.

Also, pulling 2 underbog lords at once is fun.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dianora » Mon Oct 20, 2008 9:53 am

I finally log into my frost mage for the first time since 3.0.2 (she exist mainly to do dailies for gold and dis-enchant). It took me a while to get used to the free fireball, but get used to I did.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Next

Return to General