Remove Advertisements

Ret nerfed hard via unannounced hotfix.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:57 am

Well he has played a human paladin (apparently) since launch and loves ret, so that is what we'd expect of the stereotype.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 11:58 am

fafhrd wrote:Well he has played a human paladin (apparently) since launch and loves ret, so that is what we'd expect of the stereotype.

what stereotype?

also I played a human paladin in the original closed beta too.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:00 pm

The stereotype of the kid who rolled a male human pally at launch, specced ret, and took alliance vs horde hostility seriously.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Kayoto » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:01 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
fafhrd wrote:Someone's touchy today...

I'm really sick of this Blood Elf/horde superiority crap that I'm seeing so very very often on these forums lately. It's like some people forgot that there were Paladins in the game before Burning Crusade.

So.. you're angry that people have opinions which differ from your own?

I see.
Kayoto

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:03 pm

Kayoto wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

I'm really sick of this Blood Elf/horde superiority crap that I'm seeing so very very often on these forums lately. It's like some people forgot that there were Paladins in the game before Burning Crusade.

So.. you're angry that people have opinions which differ from your own?

I see.

Dunno how you got that from what I said, but ok.

Pretty sure that the Paladins being an originally Alliance class is a fact, rather than an opinion, but who am I to say!
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:04 pm

fafhrd wrote:The stereotype of the kid who rolled a male human pally at launch, specced ret, and took alliance vs horde hostility seriously.

Well all except for the "kid" part, that sounds exactly correct.

You may want to also include how I played Humans in Warcraft 2 even when Ogre Mages were the most overpowered shit in existence and then continued to play them in Warcraft 3 through all the nerfs and buffs that game had.

I was a Protoss in Starcraft though.
Sabindeus

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:06 pm

Sabindeus wrote:

That is true, but given that you've been posting stuff like "you're all traitors", "die elf scum" and "fuck you all" in the thread about how to kill Magni, I'm not sure you have any grounds to complain about it right now...
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:06 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

That is true, but given that you've been posting stuff like "you're all traitors", "die elf scum" and "fuck you all" in the thread about how to kill Magni, I'm not sure you have any grounds to complain about it right now...

You know, he could have just said "kill faction leaders" and made it non-horde-specific, but he didn't. That's why I responded as I did.

Doing stuff as Paladins in general, whether they be Human or Blood Elf, is something I have come to terms with over the years. But talking straight up about coming to kill one of the Alliance's beloved leaders in a forum shared by both factions? Inexcusable.
Sabindeus

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:10 pm

Sabindeus wrote:
fafhrd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

You know, he could have just said "kill faction leaders" and made it non-horde-specific, but he didn't. That's why I responded as I did.

He could have yes. I don't see how him not doing so is justification for angry posts all over the place about it. I didn't even notice we were talking specifically about killing alliance leaders, it was just a thread about killing a boss while dealing with griefers to me.

My biggest regret pre-tbc was that I could participate in attempts to kill Jaina, since she's so much more interesting a fight than zerging thrall.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:13 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:
fafhrd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:

He could have yes. I don't see how him not doing so is justification for angry posts all over the place about it.

Well, I do. I mean, yes, it is a video game. But this is a forum ABOUT a video game. So if I'm not expected to be polite or civil to people who come into my house and wreck my shit IN the video game, why on earth should I do so for people who come onto a video game forum and talk about it? ESPECIALLY when the forum is not supposed to cater to either faction?
Sabindeus

Postby fafhrd » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:15 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Doing stuff as Paladins in general, whether they be Human or Blood Elf, is something I have come to terms with over the years. But talking straight up about coming to kill one of the Alliance's beloved leaders in a forum shared by both factions? Inexcusable.

And this would be where I call you touchy again.

I (and I'm fairly sure most people posting here) wouldn't call any of the faction leaders "beloved", least of all Magni. They're just mobs to be killed, in locations that make killing them hard due to being in the middle of an enemy city, whether they're called "King of the Dwarves" or not means nothing to me.

But then I'm not a paladin, so maybe my outlook on the game is wildly different from that of most people here.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Chunes » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:16 pm

damnit sabin stop being emo.
Chunes

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:17 pm

fafhrd wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Doing stuff as Paladins in general, whether they be Human or Blood Elf, is something I have come to terms with over the years. But talking straight up about coming to kill one of the Alliance's beloved leaders in a forum shared by both factions? Inexcusable.

And this would be where I call you touchy again.

I (and I'm fairly sure most people posting here) wouldn't call any of the faction leaders "beloved", least of all Magni. They're just mobs to be killed, in locations that make killing them hard due to being in the middle of an enemy city, whether they're called "King of the Dwarves" or not means nothing to me.

But then I'm not a paladin, so maybe my outlook on the game is wildly different from that of most people here.

I would give specific examples of why the NPCs in the game are worth having emotions for, but they're all spoilers of plot in the game. The point is, that regardless of whether their names are written in Red or Green, they all have a part in the story of Warcraft. A story that I am a part of by virtue of playing World of Warcraft. If this game is nothing more than numbers and stats to you then I pity you.
Sabindeus

Postby Splug » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:17 pm

fafhrd wrote:But then I'm not a paladin, so maybe my outlook on the game is wildly different from that of most people here.
Sounds like a hunter issue to me. Warriors see everything as cookies, except tauren who are steaks. Om nom nom.

-Splug
Last edited by Splug on Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Active raid character: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... an&n=Spyte
255 characters is not enough to fit my alts' armories in.
Splug
Maintankadonor

Postby Sabindeus » Fri Oct 17, 2008 12:18 pm

Chunes wrote:damnit sabin stop being emo.

Did you mean "stop being angry"? Because that's just flat out impossible.

Preeeetty sure angry is not emo.
Sabindeus

PreviousNext

Return to General