Remove Advertisements

TPS too high? -edit- JoL gives a few thousand TPS!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby knaughty » Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:17 pm

I can't work out where the threat's coming from.

Will check again next week once Sunwell re-spawns.

Someone is hopefully checking the log for me to see if they can pull out how much healing JoL is doing.
This isn't the "Offtankadin" forum. My MoP FAQ: http://tinyurl.com/FAQ-5-0
- Knaughty.
knaughty
Maintankadonor

Location: Sydney, plotting my next diatribe against the forces of ignorance!

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:18 am

Gotta say its odd, my experience is only in SH so far (and ShK) as Heroics, however its been roughly 1.4-1.8k sustained with a mishmash of castings (yeah I messed up the rotation badly :P). This is heroic trash, so if the same additive addition happens as per raid bosses I should see 2.2k ish, if its multiplicative looking at 2.3kish.

4k seems really odd.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Elexis » Thu Oct 16, 2008 1:20 am

I haven't raided yet so I only got unbuffed numbers but so far I'm pretty depressed with my threat. Sure the new modifier will make my threat go up overall but with no salvation on dps I suspect my threat won't be enough for farm fights. Some skills like seals/judgements are so bad that they are doing less than half the dmg they did prepatch.
Elexis

Postby Zappi » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:06 am

Sabindeus wrote:1. RF no longer affects threat from holy spells, just holy damage
2. JoL never had the same threat modifier as Holy Light and Flash of Light. It did full out normal healing threat (1 pt healed = 0.5 threat divided by # mobs)

Well RF still affects holy spells, I've tested this 2 days ago.

Proccs from JoL: x * 0.5 * 1.43 * 1.9

Would be interesting, if the procs from other players count to your threat.
They changed PoMs threat this way, but JoL would be overpowered for tankadins and a serious threat (*haha*) for a healadins life.
Zappi

Postby Cowadin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:10 am

Finished raiding 2nite. First 4 bosses in hyjal. Im in mostly badge gear.. t4 gloves, t5 shoulders, s2 slicer when the raid started. I had to stop attacking rage because I almost pulled off the warrior mt (who rarely gets complaints from our dps about being threat capped) multiple times -- so much to the point that I (in lessing gear in general than the warrior) was told to tank anatheron just out of fear that if I did pull aggro it could wipe the group.

Whilst tanking anatheron I was doing about 2.6k TPS sustained. He is demon, so obv that helps. There were times when everything was on CD and I had to sit there for a second (still not used to any rotation yet) that my TPS on my omen dropped to the mid teens (1.4-1.6k range).. and when I popped wings I was clearing 4k TPS for the entire time I had the buff.

So over the entire fight I was averaging 3k TPS... and the response I got from my DPS (and our previous MT) was just alot of :shock: . Our tps is just ridiculous right now. not sure if it's all intended.. but i'd say it has at least doubled for me, maybe even tripled.

-Cow

** Also, got unbreakable will off of anatheron as my reward... and i must say I enjoy the sexiness that is HotR with it =)

Tankadin. Pew Pew.
Cowadin

Postby crabcrouton » Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:37 am

Elexis wrote:I haven't raided yet so I only got unbuffed numbers but so far I'm pretty depressed with my threat. Sure the new modifier will make my threat go up overall but with no salvation on dps I suspect my threat won't be enough for farm fights. Some skills like seals/judgements are so bad that they are doing less than half the dmg they did prepatch.

Salvation is baked into everything you do now.

Seals used to be a major portion of the damage we did mainly because there was just not much else. Now that HotR and soon enough, ShoR is coming into play, Seal damage needed to be toned down overall. LK is coming in a month at which time everything should make more sense.

My Tankadin in blues is able to keep up with T6 quality dps. Whether this is a bug or not, I'm not sure. I've used both JoL and JoW but so far they seem to give fairly consistent results. 2k sustained TPS in blues is pretty puzzling to say the least.
crabcrouton

Postby Knatniam » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:04 am

I am definately pulling threat off our warrior and druid tanks pretty easily now. I am using JoL also. I am being reported at 2900-3100 tps avg while OT using normal mashing of abilities. Warrior was recorded at 2400tps. I yanked aggro on Felmyst pretty early on, even waiting 10 seconds before starting up on him.
Knatniam - Dark - Proudmoore
Knatniam

Postby Eroslight » Thu Oct 16, 2008 6:20 am

Can I pose a question to all of you that are reporting higher then normal TPS? - Were you using Judgement of Light?

And those noticing usual/lower tps - were you using Judgement of Wis or Justice?

I did AQ40 last night with another prot pally with almost identical gear (seriously Its gross). and Had assigned him to use Judgement of Light while I used Judge of Wis... well he pulled off of me on that slimy boss (Now neither of us really had our rotations figured out).

I didn't really put it together till after reading this thread but I switched after that fight to seal of Light and I guess there was a noticable increase in TPS as the other prot pally didn't pull off me again. I'll have to test this more throughly - maybe with a little heroic SV soloing..... ;-)
Eroslight

Postby Macha » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:22 am

I only manage 2.5k threat with sealweaving(using ShoR CD for seals, AS, and other stuff), with or without macros(they change little and make it even more boring than it already is, so I stopped midway)

DPS can still go all out of course, but they can do that at any tank. Our warriors seem to peak at 3k in fact, easily peeling off mobs of me, despite having the same AP. Their DPS is higher than mine.

And sadly, I can't do anything to improve. I use HotR at cooldown, use Cons/hs/judge every 9 seconds each, use Avengers Shield on the free CD whenever it is up, and otherwise rotate the seals. Against demons, I also add exorcism and HW into the free slot instead of weaving.
Macha

Postby Odz » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:39 am

Something is defiantly up. Omen was acting up on me but I was ripping aggro of our main tank bear like nobody's business and he out gears me by a mile.

We did a kara last night so everyone could try out the new skills. When omen seemed to be working I could hit 15k threat in about 3 seconds vs undead mobs. My poor drood didn't have a chance in hell. Then we pulled the whole ballroom at once, I gotta say instant Holy Wrath is just sic! I was #1 in damage up until opera and at the end of the night was #2 from AOE pulling every thing. Maiden died in 40 seconds. Good times...

Anyway, I am not worried, we have a level 80 talent at level 70 that does great holy damage and causes higher that normal threat to begin with. I think at 80 when DPS is doing 4500dps we will need this threat, I'm just not too sure what is up with the bear's threat because if last night was any indication they need help.

PS I was using SoV and judging wisdom all night.
Odz

Postby Falibard » Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:58 am

Norrath wrote:
Knaughty wrote:
PsiVen wrote:I was using JoW not JoL. Seems plausible that JoL threat is going to the paladin but in that case I expect that our holy paladin would have been pulling aggro all night...

Doesn't RF buff healing threat?

Well, it does, but our healing threat is -- or at least used to be -- half that of other healers. We're talking .665 compared to .5 with RF up. It's some (and more than other healers), but even with 500ish heals every second, we're talking ~300 TPS. We might be hitting a little more on average, but 6000 TPS?

Consider a raid setting though. You're getting 300 TPS from each proc... last night on Phase 2 RoS I judged light to help with heals and nothing else and I pulled off the warrior tank. :shock: If 7 people proc it every second thats 2100-2200 tps without any other attacks. Side note: do pets proc that as well?
Falibard

Postby 2ndNin » Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:19 am

Seal of Wisdom for me all the time, will try with light tonight.
[url=http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Lightbringer&n=elyria]Armoury Link
[/url]
2ndNin

Postby Eroslight » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:39 am

I honestly believe its JoL. Its either broken or god really does exist - either way....

DON'T SAY ANYTHING LEAST WE GET NERFED

Oh shit...

I forgot GC reads Maintankadin.....

Its totally NOT JoL.

P.S
Moderators.... I <3 you sorry for the sarcasm :D
Eroslight

Postby Petrus » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 am

In the lengthy latest post on Ret from Blizzard, they noted this little tidbit:

We also fixed a bug with Seal and Judgement of Light that could sometimes result in too much healing.

I have to assume that's affecting us, but is it still there and will it continue to be there until the expansion?
Petrus
Maintankadonor

Postby Fizzgig » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:30 am

Eroslight wrote:I honestly believe its JoL. Its either broken or god really does exist - either way....

DON'T SAY ANYTHING LEAST WE GET NERFED

Oh shit...

I forgot GC reads Maintankadin.....

Its totally NOT JoL.

P.S
Moderators.... I <3 you sorry for the sarcasm :D

meh, I was using JoW all last night and my threat was ridiculously high as well.
Fizzgig

PreviousNext

Return to General