Ultimate Tankadin Weapon

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Blutreich » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:32 am

irrefutably the highest item point gear in the game is for tankadins, changing it over to +holy damage would help minimize that. I am also a fan of adding synergy between some of our needed stats, kind of like boomkin/sham getting mp5 from int, druids/priest able to get extra healing from spirit and whatnot.
Going to spend my cab money on more shots and just take the ambulance home
Blutreich

Postby Seiher » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:17 am

Blutreich wrote:irrefutably the highest item point gear in the game is for tankadins, changing it over to +holy damage would help minimize that. I am also a fan of adding synergy between some of our needed stats, kind of like boomkin/sham getting mp5 from int, druids/priest able to get extra healing from spirit and whatnot.

A talent that adds synergy between int and mitigation is looooooooonnng overdue. It would give an actual reason for all of the int they seem to think we need on our tanking sets
Seiher

Postby PsiVen » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:21 am

Silandra wrote:
Lieris wrote:It is yeah. Hopefully Blizzard will make good on their promise to fill gaps in itemisation in Zul'Aman and make a proper tanking sword (200+ dmg, some defence and some block/dodge) for us to stop any potential loot drama with casters.

Problem with that is it would be ONLY tankadins that would want it:Magi/warlocks if its a sword or ele shaman/shadow priests would be upset as it would waste 'caster' stats on defense stuff - kinda like how spell crit is all but useless for us. I hope for it, too, mind you. ^_^

I don't see how that's an issue, really, since rogues don't generally want tanking swords...
Gladiator Psiven, Retired Tankadin
WoW-sober since March 2014
Longtime addict of Space - Glory Through Conquest
PsiVen

Postby Ezikiel » Thu Aug 16, 2007 8:56 am

PsiVen wrote:
Silandra wrote:
Lieris wrote:It is yeah. Hopefully Blizzard will make good on their promise to fill gaps in itemisation in Zul'Aman and make a proper tanking sword (200+ dmg, some defence and some block/dodge) for us to stop any potential loot drama with casters.

Problem with that is it would be ONLY tankadins that would want it:Magi/warlocks if its a sword or ele shaman/shadow priests would be upset as it would waste 'caster' stats on defense stuff - kinda like how spell crit is all but useless for us. I hope for it, too, mind you. ^_^

I don't see how that's an issue, really, since rogues don't generally want tanking swords...

warriors and druids have their special designed tanking weapons, why cant we get 1 weapon?

Ezikiel retierd pre 2.3
Ezikiel

Postby benias » Thu Aug 16, 2007 2:47 pm

So this might sound like a noobish question, but why not just use a spelldmg blade and call it good. Hitting uncrushable takes no work at all, and after that its just a mix and match for the situation. So personally i cant wait to see the magus blade to drop off gruul and have myself a 243 spell dmg weapon. That should help my threat out tremendously (like i need it) while not really hurting my stats at all. If a caster cries i will quickly direct him to the top of the dkp standings which i am clearly winning :)

Helps to be the gm and to have passed on soo much loot to others initially.
benias

Postby quoll » Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:05 am

benias wrote:So this might sound like a noobish question, but why not just use a spelldmg blade and call it good. Hitting uncrushable takes no work at all, and after that its just a mix and match for the situation. So personally i cant wait to see the magus blade to drop off gruul and have myself a 243 spell dmg weapon. That should help my threat out tremendously (like i need it) while not really hurting my stats at all. If a caster cries i will quickly direct him to the top of the dkp standings which i am clearly winning :)

Because it gives paladins something to work towards, and it shows that they are actually itemising for us. I would love to have something to upgrade my Crystalforged sword from and retain tanking stats on it.

Wait and see what 2.3 brings.
quoll

Postby Lieris » Fri Aug 17, 2007 5:30 am

benias wrote:So this might sound like a noobish question, but why not just use a spelldmg blade and call it good. Hitting uncrushable takes no work at all, and after that its just a mix and match for the situation. So personally i cant wait to see the magus blade to drop off gruul and have myself a 243 spell dmg weapon. That should help my threat out tremendously (like i need it) while not really hurting my stats at all. If a caster cries i will quickly direct him to the top of the dkp standings which i am clearly winning :)

A bit more defence never hurt anyone and hitting uncrushable whilst using two stamina trinkets and all solid stars does require a fair bit of juggling and being lucky with loot.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Bendekar » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:11 am

form a 5v5 for 2 months and bam you've got enough points for the season 2 mace. Just get 4 more guildies, you don't need to drop your pve specs, get a decent group balance and stay around 1500. Myself, I heal in arena... the other team assumes I'm holy and it's fun watching them try to FF down a prot paladin :D

might even be able to save up for the season 3 version, although if they introduce 'minimum rating' reqs then it becomes more problematic.
----------------------------------------------------------
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
--Louis Pasteur
Bendekar

Previous

Return to General