Remove Advertisements

Ultimate Tankadin Weapon

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Ultimate Tankadin Weapon

Postby Donjuan » Sat Aug 11, 2007 5:25 am

I am slowly (but surely) coming around to the idea of using a low dps spell damage sword, and been looking around, and I got curious as to what a high end tankadin would use, as there doesn't seem to be many spell blades around, and no spell maces (apart from that awful one from lower city(i say awful cause of the slow speed), oh and that arena one (which is nice)). Is it safe to assume that this ....

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30910

Is this the pinnacle of the tankadin weapon? Is it the best of the best? Do all tankadins lust after this weapon like warriors lust after thunderfury/The Unbreakable will? With a +40 sd enchant and wizard oil, this weapon can give almost 350 sd (phew).
Donjuan

Postby Lieris » Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:07 am

It is yeah. Hopefully Blizzard will make good on their promise to fill gaps in itemisation in Zul'Aman and make a proper tanking sword (200+ dmg, some defence and some block/dodge) for us to stop any potential loot drama with casters.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Re: Ultimate Tankadin Weapon

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:33 am

Donjuan wrote:I am slowly (but surely) coming around to the idea of using a low dps spell damage sword, and been looking around, and I got curious as to what a high end tankadin would use, as there doesn't seem to be many spell blades around, and no spell maces (apart from that awful one from lower city(i say awful cause of the slow speed), oh and that arena one (which is nice)). Is it safe to assume that this ....

http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30910

Is this the pinnacle of the tankadin weapon? Is it the best of the best? Do all tankadins lust after this weapon like warriors lust after thunderfury/The Unbreakable will? With a +40 sd enchant and wizard oil, this weapon can give almost 350 sd (phew).

If you are able to get an arena team together, you can farm the http://www.wowhead.com/?item=32963 which is pretty close to the item you linked but doesn't require the luck of a drop and then winning the item.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Havn » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:04 am

I lust after thunderfury. Mostly because i already have season2 arena weapon.
Havn

Postby Silandra » Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:36 am

Lieris wrote:It is yeah. Hopefully Blizzard will make good on their promise to fill gaps in itemisation in Zul'Aman and make a proper tanking sword (200+ dmg, some defence and some block/dodge) for us to stop any potential loot drama with casters.

Problem with that is it would be ONLY tankadins that would want it:Magi/warlocks if its a sword or ele shaman/shadow priests would be upset as it would waste 'caster' stats on defense stuff - kinda like how spell crit is all but useless for us. I hope for it, too, mind you. ^_^
When in doubt, bubble and hearth out.
A Paladin's fury is a quiet, solemn thing, ever a hair before the bloodlust of a Warrior or the ferocity of a beast. But it holds his foes just the same.
Silandra

Postby Fridmarr » Sat Aug 11, 2007 11:42 am

Silandra wrote:
Lieris wrote:It is yeah. Hopefully Blizzard will make good on their promise to fill gaps in itemisation in Zul'Aman and make a proper tanking sword (200+ dmg, some defence and some block/dodge) for us to stop any potential loot drama with casters.

Problem with that is it would be ONLY tankadins that would want it:Magi/warlocks if its a sword or ele shaman/shadow priests would be upset as it would waste 'caster' stats on defense stuff - kinda like how spell crit is all but useless for us. I hope for it, too, mind you. ^_^

Meh, even if it had plus bock or something, the occaisional caster will have it if it's an upgrade from their spell dmg. Beyond that though, there are weapons that give like increased attack power in cat or bear form and such, so they could easily add it. It'd probably be better as a rep or quest reward like the ZG gear was instead of wasting a drop slot on it. The other option is a new Heroic Badge reward. Creating gear a bit more customized for the various roles in the game is only a good thing.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby quoll » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:07 pm

It is pretty much a "why not" to giving a good tanking sword with spellpower, def rating and either dodge or block. Heck even make a 1h axe for all I care to avoid loot drama, it would just be nice to have an upgrade to crystalforged sword right now.
quoll

who cares

Postby benias » Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:14 am

If its an upgrade for you, and your guild is already using you as an offtank/MT then you have a right to whatever loot helps you do your job better just like everyone else. As for myself, i will grab magus blade next time it drops for sure. the added 82 dmg will be HOT.
benias

Postby Ignus » Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:33 am

if the casters argue about it, just tell them it counts as 1.9x the spell damage listed in what it allows them to deal in dps, so it's actually a bigger dps buff to them if you get it ^.~

also, I'm assuming we'll be seeing said weapon bought with heroic badges.
If you invest all of your talents, all of your gear, all of your knowledge and skill into tanking, you should be the best tank.
Ignus
Maintankadonor

Postby Lieris » Sun Aug 12, 2007 7:11 am

To be honest the Prince dagger is arguably better for casters anyway so they really have no cause for complaint.
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Trevize » Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:11 am

Yeah I got the Fang of Leviathon with no arguments or bids from any of our casters. They have MANY other options and don't want to spend dkp on such a minute upgrade.

So I do not think it is a big deal. If you are a tankadin and you tank during archimonde, it means you have already earned respect from your guild as a tank and I doubt there will be many complaints (except from loot whores of course)
Trevize

Postby Ezikiel » Thu Aug 16, 2007 3:52 am

Silandra wrote:

if you make it holy damage only instead of spell damage this would solve the problem =)

or you could make it a axe casters cant use them

the code for holy damage is in the game already http://www.wowhead.com/?item=30642

Ezikiel retierd pre 2.3
Ezikiel

Postby Candiru » Thu Aug 16, 2007 5:53 am

and holy damage is less +item points than spelldamage, I don't know why we cant have holydamage on al our gear rather than spelldamage for tanking? and a +holydamage weapon enchant would be nice.
Candiru

Postby Seiher » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:24 am

Candiru wrote:and holy damage is less +item points than spelldamage, I don't know why we cant have holydamage on al our gear rather than spelldamage for tanking? and a +holydamage weapon enchant would be nice.

Because Blizzard want Hybrids to have some kind of hybrization on their gear. If we have all spell damage on our gear it allows us to heal at times even though most of us don't want to.

Our tier PvE gear should atleast be +holy damage because if e are choosing the tank gear, we want to tank.
Seiher

Postby Odius » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:27 am

Holy damage would be nice. It's a shame there is only maybe 3-4 items in the game that have holy damage :cry:
Odius
Maintankadonor

Next

Return to General