Remove Advertisements

So.... what's your alt?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Solthas » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:57 am

I'm currently leveling my original main, a mage I stopped playing at 56 to make a warlock. 65 now and I intend to raid on him until Blizzard fixes up prot paladins. (Most guilds on my server are min-maxy). I'll still do stuff with my pallies guild, but I'm done putting hours of effort every day to get this or that when in the long run it won't change much without Blizzard's help. I've run karas where even though I significantly outgear 'the tank' (2000 more hp, other guy wasn't even uncrittable) and they still tried to relegate me to OT because of my class.

Deep arcane + skill beating players as much as 4-6 levels higher with 70 blues is fun stuff. There's not much in the way of competition for tanking, you're either the tank or you aren't, and gear matters too much for my tastes. I dislike being a slave to drop chances. My mage can grab 3-5 sick epics straight out of tailoring and be set to go.

I want to see content and the best way I see to do that is to either heal on my pally (fuck that), or dps on my mage/lock. My lock has better gear right now, but isn't very fun to play. Mage on the other hand is a fresh start. No one knows he's connected to other characters as I transferred him to access his gold only recently...
Solthas

Postby Igrado » Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:58 am

29 Hunter (PVE)
67 Shadow Priest (preTBC main, was holy 1-MC until TBC. I greatly dislike playing him anymore.)
18 Hunter (29 twink someday)
14 Warlock (bank toon turned alt)
32 Warrior (retired?)
30 Shaman (retired?)

But honestly, I love my Paladin so much, the only alt I spend time on is my
4 Druid (bank toon, holding the 3k Gold i have stashed now for my epic flyer :D)
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Igrado » Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:03 am

No one knows he's connected to other characters as I transferred him to access his gold only recently...

I find this to be the hardest decision for me of all :P Everytime I make an alt I have to decide if I wan't to hide him or not... But I play with about 6-10 friends I've made over the last 18 months, so before long they're gonna know about it anyways lol.
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby elsydeon » Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:15 pm

20 BE fem mage named asellus
16 BE male hunter named heartbane
9 undead fem warrior named icerazør

considering my paly has as many levels as my alts, its obvious where my time has been
to all impatient mages, locks, and hunters: you pull it, you tank it
elsydeon

Postby Tamlin » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:06 pm

70th level fury warrior. I found it satisfying to have a pocket warrior who is an herbalist/cook.
Tamlin

Postby Daedallus » Mon Aug 13, 2007 2:21 pm

my alt is a 70 hunter i raided with for some time pre-tbc. If you think prot paladins have trouble with raiding, play the most popular class in the game with the most competition that even gerbil peckin at a key with a penut glued to it could level.

hunters are amazing. the number of bad hunters is even more amazing.

that and at least as a tank, you iether have a spot in a group, or you don't. as a hunter, your usually fill in, if there is room, for a 5th spot, or 10th spot, ect

in any case shes still really fun to solo, she grinds things that cannot be AE paladin-tanked with ease, and i have her herbalist/elixer specced alch so that i don't have to rely on anyone for my tanks pots, and still have Engineering/enchanting on the Paladin.
Daedallus

Postby Nich » Tue Aug 14, 2007 6:31 pm

My main alt, I guess, is my 68 mage, previously my main.

I have an alt of every other class, varying in level from 10 to 42 or so.

Eventually I'd like to have a doomkin, and a shadowpriest at 70 to play around with - elem shaman for the diablo 2 fan who cried when his mage couldn't wear plate, but probably resto because I like healing.

Mage to 70 will be my main priority when I have time, tho', because sometimes it'd be nice to get gold other than selling scryer rep and nethercloth ;) That and I need the gold from questing at 70.
Nich

Postby Afraithe » Wed Aug 15, 2007 8:29 am

I have a lvl 70 Shaman that i PvP with a lot, fun break from tanking :)
Afraithe

Postby Llanfar » Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:58 am

My pre-BC main was a holy priest (now shadow). I developed a serious case of alt-itis during the 2 years on him.

70 prot pally (main)
70 shadow priest
70 rogue
69 hunter
67 warlock
67 mage
63 druid
61 warrior
61 shaman

I level them in 3's so rest bonus is always on...started working on my druid early so I could swap in a healer as needed for raids (he's feral/resto atm).
Llanfar

Postby Igrado » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:06 am

Llanfar wrote:My pre-BC main was a holy priest (now shadow). I developed a serious case of alt-itis during the 2 years on him.

70 prot pally (main)
70 shadow priest
70 rogue
69 hunter
67 warlock
67 mage
63 druid
61 warrior
61 shaman

LOL, and I thought I played a bit to much...
Igrado
Maintankadonor

Postby Warrender » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:06 pm

Llanfar wrote:My pre-BC main was a holy priest (now shadow). I developed a serious case of alt-itis during the 2 years on him.

70 prot pally (main)
70 shadow priest
70 rogue
69 hunter
67 warlock
67 mage
63 druid
61 warrior
61 shaman

I level them in 3's so rest bonus is always on...started working on my druid early so I could swap in a healer as needed for raids (he's feral/resto atm).

70 Human Paladin (Main)
70 Dwarf Priest
70 NE Rogue
70 Orc Warrior
70 Orc Warlock
70 Tauren Druid
24 Draenei Mage

I know I play too much.
Warrender
Maintankadonor

Postby Hollyhell » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:10 pm

70 warlock
68 rogue
62 hunter
Hollyhell

Postby honorshammer » Wed Aug 15, 2007 12:37 pm

Rabbitslayer (my Warrior alt). He's level 30 now. My plan for Rabbit is to get him to the mid 60s before the next expansion pack. That way I can decide if I'll level my Warrior or my Paladin to 80. That decision will be made by Blizzard more than me. Will they have come through on their promise to make Paladins truly competitive tanks with Warriors and Druids? I truly hope they do and I believe they will. But I'm making sure I have an insurance poilicy if they don't.

Paladins are about where Druids were before they got buffed. Sure, you might use them on Jindo, but basically it was a Warrior's world. Now with Paladins, sure you might use one on Morogrim or Al'ar for add tanking, but its still a Warrior's world.
honorshammer

Postby Lynk » Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:12 pm

My main is Timo, a 70 warlock. This is my alt! :P
Lynk

Previous

Return to General