Remove Advertisements

WTB Ghost Mount

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

WTB Ghost Mount

Postby Flipthebird » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:54 am

I hate dying in WoW...though I do often.

More so, I hate the boring run back. I end up using spirit rez, afking 10 minutes, hearthing, repairing, then doing something else somewhere else.

I think Blizz really needs to implement something like this:

Ghost Mount
Summons a rideable mount. Only usable when dead.
Requires Reagent (not sure which reagent would fit)

Perhaps this could be a drop off a rare mob in Shadowmoon Valley that can only be seen while using the Spectracles you can get there.

/shrug

I would be after this like something that goes after something else vigorously!
So Hitler was a vegatarian, and a painter.

He must of been like, 'Ahh I can't get the fricken trees...DAMN I will kill EVERYBODY in the world!"

-Eddie Izzard
Flipthebird

Postby Lore » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:57 am

A lot of the graveyards in some of the later instances in Wrath give you a ghost bird to fly back on :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Marwan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:05 am

Reroll nightelf?
Marwan

Postby Shirak » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:15 am

Learn not to die?
Tuberon wrote:Tanking *is* crowd control.

You run into a crowd, and proceed to control it.
Shirak

Postby solina » Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:43 am

Roll a shammy or warlock?
solina

Postby fuzzygeek » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:19 am

Running back to corpses in TBC is nothing compared to Vanilla.

Searing gorge runfest back to Molten Core and BWL? I think it was the running as much as Vael that killed a lot of guilds.

AQ40 learning C'thun before they added in the teleport? Some idiot walks too close to the doorway and wipes the raid in 5 seconds, and you spend 11 minutes running back. Yeah.

I can't think of anything really comparable in TBC. Maybe SSC was the worst.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Re: WTB Ghost Mount

Postby VikrumthePally » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:21 am

Flipthebird wrote:I hate dying in WoW...though I do often.

More so, I hate the boring run back. I end up using spirit rez, afking 10 minutes, hearthing, repairing, then doing something else somewhere else.

I think Blizz really needs to implement something like this:

Ghost Mount
Summons a rideable mount. Only usable when dead.
Requires Reagent (not sure which reagent would fit)

Perhaps this could be a drop off a rare mob in Shadowmoon Valley that can only be seen while using the Spectracles you can get there.

/shrug

I would be after this like something that goes after something else vigorously!

No offense as I know where you are coming from.

But wow has us spoiled. Anyone remember hunting down a Necro to help you find your corpse in EQ if you didn't hit /loc or your macro in time before you died.

That's right. There were times in a game when you had NO CHANCE of finding your body.
VikrumthePally

Postby Ana » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:22 am

Oh man, Ony wipes before they added the GY near Mudsprocket....
Anathematic / Megalomania / Tohuvabohu / Surrealistic
Ana

Postby solina » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:29 am

Oh, and find a partner. I leveled the pally mostly with a pocket shadowpriest.. I think we both died on the same fight maybe twice total from 20-70.
solina

Postby Marwan » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:38 am

fuzzygeek wrote:Running back to corpses in TBC is nothing compared to Vanilla.

Searing gorge runfest back to Molten Core and BWL? I think it was the running as much as Vael that killed a lot of guilds.

AQ40 learning C'thun before they added in the teleport? Some idiot walks too close to the doorway and wipes the raid in 5 seconds, and you spend 11 minutes running back. Yeah.

I can't think of anything really comparable in TBC. Maybe SSC was the worst.

Ana wrote:Oh man, Ony wipes before they added the GY near Mudsprocket....

These bring back bad memories I had hoped to forget. The MC/BWL corpse runs were like the biggest walk of shame ever. So glad Blizz is much more liberal with graveyards these days.

I have to agree SSC was probably the worst we had to deal with.
Marwan

Re: WTB Ghost Mount

Postby Warschild » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:34 pm

No offense as I know where you are coming from.

But wow has us spoiled. Anyone remember hunting down a Necro to help you find your corpse in EQ if you didn't hit /loc or your macro in time before you died.

That's right. There were times in a game when you had NO CHANCE of finding your body.

When I was still a EQ noob I did a corpse run from Queynos to Freeport. Thats across the whole darn continent, the hard way, and I died 3 times attempting it.

I look back and laugh... the medice helps :(
Warschild

Postby Vesper » Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:53 pm

You people are spoiled! Dying and corpse runs are an art form. Death penalties are such an interesting part of gaming. I'm pretty sad that WoW has trivialized them as much as they have (and yes, I did play beta and level in STV before they had multiple graveyards -- and any of my friends can tell you how often I die).

You don't lose xp for dying, you don't lose track of your corpse, you don't get deathtouched, it's really hard to die to someone else's train of mobs, and normally it doesn't take 5 years to get your corpse back.

I think the most exhilarating times I had in MMOs were when I felt I had the most to lose. PoFear break-ins, Chardok (pre-revamp), the LOIO spider run, wiping in ToFS, falling down the well in Befallen, Plane of Sky before the era of permanent keys... I still remember the first time I died on a boat in EQ, and thought my corpse would zone with me...that was probably the longest corpse run I ever did.

The whole reason I made a bard at first in EQ was for the corpse location song. ><

If anything, death penalties in WoW are too tame.
Vesper

Postby Elsie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:10 pm

*shudders from memories walking to Fafnir from Jueno in FFXI*

(if you think WoW spoils you, try Ultima Online)
Elsie

Postby Ajax » Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:50 pm

Lineage 2 was a pain when you died, everytime you died there wa a chance you could drop an item of your armour or weapons I remember saving up ages for duel SLS's only to be killed outside town and watch someone pick them up and sell them :(
If death comes to us all, then let it come to the DPS first ;)
Ajax

Postby Worldie » Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:48 pm

Not like it's cool now, you die at level 80+, you just lost 2-3 days of exp. At that point you'd prefer to stand there and wait for someone to blessed ress you rather than respawn.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Next

Return to General