Remove Advertisements

Links to info on raid composition / synergies / strategies?

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Links to info on raid composition / synergies / strategies?

Postby Vareena » Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:46 am

Is there a handy little guide out there somewhere that discusses optimal raid compositions, group setups for maximum synergies, and utility talents useful in raids for each class? I've picked up a fair amount here and there but it would be nice to find one spot for discussion on such topics.

I'd love a list of all abilities/talents/strategies/consumables out there that buff melee dps (such as Curse of Recklessness, Sunder Armor, druid debuffs, etc.), that buff caster dps (such as Curse of Elements, Wrath of Air Totems), that reduce damage taken (such as Curse of Weakness, Demo Shout, Shadow Embrace, Scorpid Sting), and that increase healing (tree druid ability, amp magic, etc.). Etc., etc., etc. Basically any abilities that have raid utility, organized into one location.

I'd also love a list of classes and specs and what they provide to a raid. Affliction warlock with improved CoE, 5/5 Shadow Embrace. Shadow priest and specific abilities that have utility for the raid, and which abilities have utility for their group only.

A lot of this material is spread out through guides such as wowwiki, elitistjerks, and many other sites (as well as Maintankadin). It would be nice to be able to go to one location and find a "Raid Composition for Dummies" post that I could read up on.

The guild I'm in now is not all that hardcore, and the server I'm on is not exactly a paradigm of progression, but it would be nice to be able to list some buffs and debuffs that would be beneficial to our raids. At this point we're not focusing much at all on synergies or on min/maxing our raids, and I doubt we're going to progress much farther, partially because of it. Shandris is the epitome of failgression. But it would be nice to have some resources available that focus on methods of optimizing raids for success, especially in progression content. The least I can do is provide suggestions, though with the casual nature of most Shandris raiders, I'm not sure how much of an effect they will have.

Any suggestions?
Vareena

Postby Mex » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:20 am

Check out

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t20986-buil ... ake_sense/

to start with. Might also find some info in

http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t23971-assistants/
http://elitistjerks.com/f47/t17831-macros_raid_leaders/

but other than that the information is generally fairly widely dispersed.
Mex

Postby Vareena » Tue Aug 26, 2008 11:10 pm

Thanks for the links, I'll check 'em out.
Vareena

Return to General