Remove Advertisements

Tankadin acceptability survey!

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

How well are tankadins accepted on your servers?

People are years lag behind here and almost no one ever want tankadins here
2%
Some people like tankadins but many people still prefer warrior tanks
28%
Most people accept tankadins, warrior tanks and druid tanks equally
45%
Most people actually prefer tankadins over other tanks here!
25%

Total votes : 162

Postby Losbullitt » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:47 am

I just voted. I dunno why.
Losbullitt

Postby Frickit » Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:26 am

well most people i know prefer a tankadin but im like one of the only few that are active. some holy pallys building good sets asking me how its done is kinda nice.
Frickit

Postby Frickit » Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:08 am

Andurin wrote:My view on Emerald Dream (EU) is "Some people like tankadins but many people still prefer warrior tanks"

Thats mostly in everything, only raid that people WANT paladins is Zul Aman, because their to lazy to watch their treath during AoE sessions :roll:

the idea that people only prefer pallys when they want to be lazy is just a testament to the fact that we make things easier. if its easier is it not better? i mean i like a challenge too, but that doesnt mean im gonna ask for a healer who sucks just a little bit more so i have to work harder...

and with gear the way it is pallys can tank any trash or boss in tbc without any issue at all compared to another tank class with the added benefit of having more utility.
Frickit

Postby Dane » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:30 am

I've had acceptance in 25 mans...but mostly as the "murloc tank."

Thing that frustrates me is that people will use "tank" as a synonym for warrior.

As in "Ok, we're forming up the raid...we'll probably want to bring a Prot Pally, a Feral Druid, and a couple of tanks."
Dane

Postby ulushnar » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:39 am

My group have always had a respect for all tanking classes. Our first and second Prince kills were with a Druid and a Paladin (me) respectively, and since then I've MT'd my fair share of progression kills.

That said, I've never baulked at being the "trash" tank. I love AoE tanking, it's one of the things I've always loved about the class. If I can serve my group better by playing offtank for a fight, then I will. I have yet to MT a boss in Hyjal, not because I couldn't, but because I have my fun on the trash.

I occasionally get PuG requests for instances these days, but I usually turn them down since I normally go places with folks from my guild/raidgroup.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Amirya » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:28 pm

It's been my experience that Scarlet Crusade is pretty accepting of all three tanks.

That said, I always find it amusing when I join a pug/raid and people ask, "Are you prot or holy?" and someone else says, "Look at her health, what do you think?"

I think the thing that's kind of daunting to a couple of my healers, though, is that in my healing set, with raid buffs, I still have 11k health and 10k mana and roughly 1200 bonus heals (with no enchants or spellthread!)
:shock:

If I was wearing that, could people still tell the difference?
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby QuantumDelta » Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:59 pm

Apart from the scrubs it's pretty equal on outland.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Ariosto » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:08 am

Amirya wrote:It's been my experience that Scarlet Crusade is pretty accepting of all three tanks.

That said, I always find it amusing when I join a pug/raid and people ask, "Are you prot or holy?" and someone else says, "Look at her health, what do you think?"

I think the thing that's kind of daunting to a couple of my healers, though, is that in my healing set, with raid buffs, I still have 11k health and 10k mana and roughly 1200 bonus heals (with no enchants or spellthread!)
:shock:

If I was wearing that, could people still tell the difference?

I'm on Scarlet Crusade too :). It's nice to find another Tankadin on the server.
Your boots made be made for walking . . .
but mine are in case I need to kick your ass.
Ariosto

Postby Amirya » Tue Aug 05, 2008 12:29 pm

Sweet. Look me up sometime.

And Arcand, he's pretty awesome.
Fetzie wrote:The Defias Brotherhood is back, and this time they are acting as racketeers in Goldshire. Anybody wishing to dance for money must now pay them protection money or be charged triple the normal amount when repairing.
Amirya
Maintankadonor

Postby Arcand » Tue Aug 05, 2008 2:46 pm

Amirya wrote:Sweet. Look me up sometime.

And Arcand, he's pretty awesome.

Look up Amirya, she's great.

(Where did you get the name Ariosto? IIRC that's the name of a Blood Angel squad in the GW collection...)

And yes, I too have been asked what my spec is by people in my group. "Well, if I'm healing, you're really screwed."
Arcand

Postby Celestira » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:30 am

moduspwnens wrote:
Levantine wrote:Heroics and Kara is all about Paladins. 25mans still show heavy favor to Warriors.

This is pretty much the case.

Yep.
Celestira

Previous

Return to General