Remove Advertisements

Gear Reset Makes Me Angry...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Gear Reset Makes Me Angry...

Postby kingharbromm » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:06 pm

I just read a post in the WotLK forum where someone mentioned that people are way overgeared for Northrend right now. Northrend is designed for a typical player who just hit 70 to go there and be successful much like the transition from Dun Morogh to Loch Modan.

But WHY!?!

I'll be honest, I've never had a 70. I don't know what it's like to raid. But I feel like I'm missing out on a TON of content because of situations like this. A friend of mine who's running dungeons near 70 says it's near impossible to get someone to go through SH with him. Probably because everyone's already outgeared that dungeon.

Try getting a Dire Maul run together! Unless it's guildies, it's probably not going to happen.

A lot of the dungeons - and especially raids - seem like some of the most fun World of Warcraft has to offer. I dream of being that paladin venturing into Molten Core (which aside from it being an elemental based raid, is as close to Hell as you can get) and standing toe-to-toe with the denizens there. Now, it'll probably never happen. If it does, we'll be 3-manning it at 80 and it'll be a hoe-hum thing that we're just doing for fun.

I really feel like Blizzard is letting me and all of the other people who are playing this game for the first time down. What we need is tough love - not level 30 mounts and double experience from 30-60. If we don't have the Lawbringer set, the we can't get the Judgement Set. If we can't get Redemption, then we shouldn't be attempting Kara.

Glass ceilings are a good thing in my opinion. That's what makes achievements great. If I can just install WotLK and basically buy some off-the-shelf greys from Northrend and then go tank Molten Core, then how am I going to look at someone wearing Lawbringer and respect that?

I can understand WHY Blizzard does it, but I feel cheated. The way they're rehashing Naxxramus, it sounds like their dungeon designers feel cheated too.
kingharbromm
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:35 am

Postby Veneretio » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:19 pm

People outgear the expansion at the moment likely because they are using raiding gear. One of the complaints from the last expansion was we all had these endgame epics that were replaced by Level 61 greens. This time around Blizzard is letting those epics hold up a lot longer and from what I've seen the really strong T6 level loot is comparable to Blues at level 78. As a person new to 70 though, I think you'll find there's a rather seamless transition from 70 to 71.

I can tell you that the start of the last expansion was literally the most fun I've ever had in WoW. I don't know exactly how it'll pan out this time around, but if it's even half as fun as last time, I wouldn't miss it ;)
www.tankingtips.com - for warriors (yup, I have no idea why I'm here either)
User avatar
Veneretio
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:21 pm

Imagine they tuned lvl 70 istances to a full T6 character.

Now imagine to roll a alt and be a neo-70 and being literally OWNED by any mob because you are in tier shit.

You see what i did here?
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13365
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby kingharbromm » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:29 pm

I see what you've done! You've created a world where people would need to run Naxxramas to prepare to go to 70 dungeons! Good on you! Now people would be running BWL and MC to get the gear to do Naxx. This is awesome. Alts are running through all these dungeons together (or with their level 80 T10 bretheren). The gameplay experience - albeit longer - is bettered by the fact that we get to experience all the dungeons that Blizzard designed for us rather than power leveling to 70 and jumping straight into Kara.
kingharbromm
 
Posts: 183
Joined: Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:35 am

Postby Veneretio » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:37 pm

kingharbromm wrote:I see what you've done! You've created a world where people would need to run Naxxramas to prepare to go to 70 dungeons! Good on you! Now people would be running BWL and MC to get the gear to do Naxx. This is awesome. Alts are running through all these dungeons together (or with their level 80 T10 bretheren). The gameplay experience - albeit longer - is bettered by the fact that we get to experience all the dungeons that Blizzard designed for us rather than power leveling to 70 and jumping straight into Kara.

I don't think there's enough people or time going around for that. The reality is this game is catered to the Maximum level (be it 60 before, 70 now, or 80 in the future) and I don't think I'm alone when I say it's better for it.
www.tankingtips.com - for warriors (yup, I have no idea why I'm here either)
User avatar
Veneretio
 
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:37 pm

Postby Tycho » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:39 pm

Veneretio wrote:
kingharbromm wrote:I see what you've done! You've created a world where people would need to run Naxxramas to prepare to go to 70 dungeons! Good on you! Now people would be running BWL and MC to get the gear to do Naxx. This is awesome. Alts are running through all these dungeons together (or with their level 80 T10 bretheren). The gameplay experience - albeit longer - is bettered by the fact that we get to experience all the dungeons that Blizzard designed for us rather than power leveling to 70 and jumping straight into Kara.

I don't think there's enough people or time going around for that. The reality is this game is catered to the Maximum level (be it 60 before, 70 now, or 80 in the future) and I don't think I'm alone when I say it's better for it.


I just wish they would retune all the old-world stuff to be relevant in today's game.

There are probably vast numbers of people who don't even know who Onyxia even is.
US > Thaurissan > Snowblood (80 BE Pally - For the Horde, baby!)
Tycho
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Postby Levantine » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:43 pm

kingharbromm wrote:I see what you've done! You've created a world where people would need to run Naxxramas to prepare to go to 70 dungeons! Good on you! Now people would be running BWL and MC to get the gear to do Naxx. This is awesome. Alts are running through all these dungeons together (or with their level 80 T10 bretheren). The gameplay experience - albeit longer - is bettered by the fact that we get to experience all the dungeons that Blizzard designed for us rather than power leveling to 70 and jumping straight into Kara.


I could articulate a real argument, but I'm lazy and tired and stoned. So instead I'll leave you with what my argument would have boiled down to, to save us all some time.

No. You're wrong. Shut up. Lurk more.
User avatar
Levantine
 
Posts: 10818
Joined: Fri Oct 26, 2007 6:48 pm
Location: NQ, Aus

Postby Tycho » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:47 pm

Levantine wrote:
kingharbromm wrote:I see what you've done! You've created a world where people would need to run Naxxramas to prepare to go to 70 dungeons! Good on you! Now people would be running BWL and MC to get the gear to do Naxx. This is awesome. Alts are running through all these dungeons together (or with their level 80 T10 bretheren). The gameplay experience - albeit longer - is bettered by the fact that we get to experience all the dungeons that Blizzard designed for us rather than power leveling to 70 and jumping straight into Kara.


I could articulate a real argument, but I'm lazy and tired and stoned. So instead I'll leave you with what my argument would have boiled down to, to save us all some time.

No. You're wrong. Shut up. Lurk more.


Well, the sentinment is valid.

As the game gets bigger, there's more and more and more wasted, ignored, unused content.

I bet this time next year there will be 75s questing in Northrend who've never heard of Kael or Vashj or Illidan.
US > Thaurissan > Snowblood (80 BE Pally - For the Horde, baby!)
Tycho
 
Posts: 32
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 2:26 pm

Postby Eltiana » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:55 pm

kingharbromm wrote:I see what you've done! You've created a world where people would need to run Naxxramas to prepare to go to 70 dungeons! Good on you! Now people would be running BWL and MC to get the gear to do Naxx. This is awesome. Alts are running through all these dungeons together (or with their level 80 T10 bretheren). The gameplay experience - albeit longer - is bettered by the fact that we get to experience all the dungeons that Blizzard designed for us rather than power leveling to 70 and jumping straight into Kara.
Or....they'll just PVP for gear like they do now :roll:
User avatar
Eltiana
 
Posts: 302
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2007 1:49 pm

Postby Equitas » Sun Jul 27, 2008 12:59 pm

People these days have no idea what Vaelestrasz is, or Nefarian itself.

There would be literally no point for them to retune old instances, theyre doing it with naxx because de facto it is their best work with the exception of sunwell everything fades in comparison to naxxs difficulty level... can i see you dance to heigan :D

Its sad, but who cares, old instances were boring anyways, they required literally nothing but brute force and a threat meter.

Im happy naxx is back, but i cant await the amount of awesomeness wotlk is going to bring to the table, with Sunwell blizzard has shown that they can be creative while pushing people to the limit.
I am filled with Rage.... and cupcakes!!!
Image
Of the Nightfall - Check
Twilight Vanquisher - Check
the Undying - Check
the Immortal - Missing
User avatar
Equitas
 
Posts: 522
Joined: Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:50 pm

Postby ulushnar » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:11 pm

Trust me, Molten Core is nothing special. It was a speedbump designed to slow raiders down whilst they designed the real raid content.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
User avatar
ulushnar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Bollocks, Scotland

Postby Worldie » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:13 pm

There was only one boss which was actually fun in MC and that was Geddon. I so loved killing our GM.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
User avatar
Worldie
Global Mod
 
Posts: 13365
Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 1:49 pm
Location: Italy

Postby Syrcla » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:17 pm

Worldie wrote:There was only one boss which was actually fun in MC and that was Geddon. I so loved killing our GM.


I was a mage pre-BC. I used to blink into the tank and pop ice block when I was the bomb....sometimes I was too slow! :twisted: Great times killing the MT.
Syrcla
 
Posts: 152
Joined: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:54 am

Postby ulushnar » Sun Jul 27, 2008 1:24 pm

I used to be the hunter who had to pull core packs, Geddon and Shazza back to Garr's cave.

The amount of times my little Wolf used to bring back more than he intended was legendary.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
User avatar
ulushnar
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 5442
Joined: Mon May 28, 2007 6:56 am
Location: Bollocks, Scotland

Postby Jellypop » Sun Jul 27, 2008 5:00 pm

when blessings was on a 5 minute... and when decursive worked.. .and whispercast..

macro it all to one button..with decursive having piroity on main tanks, and healers....

./roll face on keyboard for 4 hours for Molten Core.
Image
Jellypop
 
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:12 am
Location: Vancouver, BC

Next

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest


Remove Advertisements

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest
?php } else { ?