Remove Advertisements

Consecration

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:23 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Arcand wrote:21-point talent:
Implacable Vengeance
The duration of your Holy Vengeance is increased by three seconds, and the stack limit is increased to six.
Because every paladin has SoV, right?

Because we all have aoe-silencing racials, amirite?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 am

Guillex wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Implacable Vengeance
The duration of your Holy Vengeance is increased by three seconds, and the stack limit is increased to six.

Pretty much, buddy.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 am

Guillex wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Implacable Vengeance

Because we all have CBH, devilishly good looks, and 10% increased reputation gains.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Strom » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:24 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
PsiVen wrote:I like the idea of having an instant DoT. Not *instead* of Consecration though.
More or less this.
It makes a lot of sense, though. I'd gladly trade an aoe for a single target dot for the specific situation of heavy CCs and only 1 target to be tanked.
Part of it may or may not be changed though, one of the rumors is that consecration won't break damage-sensitive CC anymore.

That is kinda what I was thinking. We could use SoV AND Consecrate Weapon together if we we tanking a boss. We would have a "Concecrate" tic on it, plus our SoV tic.

But I guess this is moot if they decide Consecrate will no longer break CC. I guess they can rationalize that by stating it only harms hostile targets.... things that are CCed are no longer hostile atm :D
Strom

Postby Arcand » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:26 am

Strom wrote:That is kinda what I was thinking. We could use SoV AND Consecrate Weapon together if we we tanking a boss.

I want this just because in some 40K game there's a space marine who says, in a great stentorian voice, "Place your faith in your sanctified weapons and commend your souls to the Emperor. Let the slaughter commence."
Arcand

Postby Arcand » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:27 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Implacable Vengeance

This talent doesn't address the plight of the refugees in Darfur, either. Wow, I'm terrible. I'll never limit my scope again, k? :)
Arcand

Postby Soltyr » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:28 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
PsiVen wrote:I like the idea of having an instant DoT. Not *instead* of Consecration though.
More or less this.
It makes a lot of sense, though. I'd gladly trade an aoe for a single target dot for the specific situation of heavy CCs and only 1 target to be tanked.
Part of it may or may not be changed though, one of the rumors is that consecration won't break damage-sensitive CC anymore.

I'm with PsiVen, I won't to trade cons.
I don't find single target tanking sooo bad (considering we have our shiny aoe niche), just emphasize a bit more spelldmg in couple with expertise and stuff like Libram of Divine Purpose (reckoning helps too)
Last edited by Soltyr on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soltyr

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:30 am

"Libram of happy tanking"
"While you have righteous fury active, increases your block value by 100, your SoR's or SoV's damage by 10%, your stamina by 20, your dodge rating by 1% and your armor by 600"
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Soltyr » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:32 am

Snake-Aes wrote:"Libram of happy tanking"
"While you have righteous fury active, increases your block value by 100, your SoR's or SoV's damage by 10%, your stamina by 20, your dodge rating by 1% and your armor by 600"

While you have righteous fury active...

And if it's not? :D
Last edited by Soltyr on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soltyr

Postby Strom » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:33 am

Arcand wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:
Implacable Vengeance

This talent doesn't address the plight of the refugees in Darfur, either. Wow, I'm terrible. I'll never limit my scope again, k? :)

Hmmmm what about a spell thats called Consecrate Weapon that grants +spell power equal to 250% of a weapon's DPS?

So a 100 DPS weapon would grant us 250 spell power. Then we have a choice between using a caster weapon with more spell power or a tanking weapon for extra defense.
Strom

Postby Arcand » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:35 am

Strom wrote:Hmmmm what about a spell thats called Consecrate Weapon that grants +spell power equal to 250% of a weapon's DPS?

So a 100 DPS weapon would grant us 250 spell power. then we have a choise between using a caster weapon with more spell power or a tanking weapon for extra defense.

And we'd be writing macros like this:
/equip Purified Ashbringer
/cast Judgement
/equip Guardian's Brightblade
/equip Star-Iron Aegis

:)
Arcand

Postby Aertho » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:38 am

Well the whole point of this thread is to engineer a faster combat response to single threat, right? Like an Instant without having to wait for the whole Seal then Judge system. Because OOC threat's pretty easy to set up and knock down.

Baselined Holy Shock would work, no?

_
And I'm sure I was tanking with SoV before 2.3... I've never been a good student with regard to the history of paladin changes, but there was an iteration of Vengeance that behaved differently than it's current method? I never recognized a change. And I never use Vengeance alone for threat... so losing a stack isn't a panic for me. I guess in big raids it's much more important?
Aertho

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:38 am

To keep it simply, you can also make improved righteous fury grant spell damage equal to 85/170/250% of your equipped weapon's DPS, a bit like strom said.
Last edited by Snake-Aes on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:39 am

Aertho wrote:Well the whole point of this thread is to engineer a faster combat response to single threat, right? Like an Instant without having to wait for the whole Seal then Judge system. Because OOC threat's pretty easy to set up and knock down.

Baselined Holy Shock would work, no?

Fun how that alone may very well answer it too since holy shock does reasonable damage in prot's hands, the sucky part is the cooldown.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Aertho » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:50 am

the sucky part is the cooldown.

Unless...

Holy Sword and Board - “When your Consecrate and Vengeance abilities deal damage they have a 2/4/6/8/10% chance of refreshing the cooldown of your Holy Shock ability and reducing its cost by 100% for 5 sec.”

I dunno.
Aertho

PreviousNext

Return to General