Mouse clicks ftw.
9%
Keyboard all the way.
22%
Mix it up! I use both.
69%

Total votes : 158

Postby Kaelie » Fri Jul 11, 2008 11:02 am

I have a dozen buttons visible on screen, for trinkets, mote extractor, spare shield, etc. Only time I even use action bars is for druid/rogue/warrior where I have to shift stances/stealth/shape. Rest is directly bound to keys.
Kaelie

Postby Dunkan » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:05 pm

I click to move
Khaz'goroth Oceanic
Dunkan

Postby Shoju » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:18 pm

I was a rogue first before a tankadin, so I devloped a system on my rogue where my attacks were hotkeyed on left hand, and CD's were on another area, and then mounts, and what not they were somewhere else. So it became the following for my paladin:

So. If I use it often in a fight, it's keybound on left hand.

IF it's a buff, RF, BOK, BOS, ETC..... It's bound to my right side of the keyboard so that I can alt+button it onto myself, or fkey button to someone else in the party when I'm just standing around. (Lay On Hands is over here too)

If it's something I don't use much or a mount, I click.

I drive with the mouse, which is why I put stuff like this.
Shoju

Postby Wakeman » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:56 pm

Oh, I forgot to mention one thing. Despite I used keyboard extensively, I also keyed the middle mouse button for autorun. This way I only need to control with the mouse when I need to travel from zone to zone, so that I can free one hand for eating (or whatever you can think of). You should try this too! :wink:
Image Fear my Bacon of Light!
Wakeman

Postby Invisusira » Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:05 pm

Mouse is for checking AH.

Clicking buttons is SOoooo SLOooooowwwwwwww

100% keyboard ftw, every button has at least 1 bind
Invisusira

Postby Tieran » Sat Aug 09, 2008 2:21 am

I have been thinking about this and... with a decent UI I dont think clicking is too bad.

It may be in WOTLK where we have more than say 6 spells we actually use in your average boss fight, but right now I am pretty happy with my clicking.

I use Bartenders, and have laid the spells out In order that I use them, ie HS, then conc, then Exorcism, Judgement has a mini bar above the seals etc etc...

Would you say I lose alot of threat due to clicking?
Tieran

Postby Proudfoot » Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:29 am

Ruex wrote:Mouse clickerz unite!
Aside from the WASD keys.. my keyboard is for typing.

Hear hear!
Dear Blizzard, Paper is fine but Rock needs to be nerfed.
Sincerely, Scissors
Proudfoot

CLicker

Postby Thorgramn » Sun Aug 10, 2008 8:45 pm

Yeah, I click. Never had any problems. On some gimmic fights I will turn with my mouse. Would it be that hard for blizzard to allow us to be able to bind a key, say shift-s to do a 180deg turn. Still not as good as mouse turning but an improvement.

As for addons I have a custom interface designed for my clicking.
Thorgramn

Postby Arcand » Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:25 pm

I move with the keyboard, and tank by typing /target and /cast commands.

Mice and hotkeys are for the weak.
Arcand

Postby Nalyn » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:31 am

By and large use the keyboard, with a few mouse clicks mixed in.

Most people think I'm half retarded when they see the way my hotbars look, I played EQ....WAY back when, 6 pages of 6 hotkeys each, you HAD to cycle through the pages to have access to all your abilities. So...as my pally grew up in WoW, I naturally setup things in a similar way, as I gained spells and abilities, they went on my bar, less used ones got pushed to the right side, and back, in my hotbars, and more used ones got placed on the left side, and on the front 3 or 4 pages. So, there is next to no rhyme or reason for the placement of my spells, and handful of macros, they are just there, I know where they are, and I use them.
Nalyn

Postby Ajax » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:40 am

I am atm a clicker, i use the keys to turn etc etc, a good clicker can be almost as fast as a button masher, guild has never moaned and since iam the main tank ow in the guild they mustn't mind......

but for al my clicking skills and sins button mashing is faster i know it in my heart so when a guildie of mine offered to lend me his pro gamer command unit this weekend I jumped at it, so for the next couple of weekes i'am going to br training myself away from the way of the clicker to the mastery of mashing....wish me luck o0

Not sure weather to use analog stick to move or the wasd bouttons on the controller though guess time will tell :)
If death comes to us all, then let it come to the DPS first ;)
Ajax

Postby Ano » Mon Aug 11, 2008 5:06 am

Spent all afternoon yesterday trying to break myself out of keyboard turning... when DPSing on my ret (atleast on Mag) I found it was just as easy to use keyboard... didnt really have any problems - but when iw as doing a lil BG... man I felt like a beast, with mouse turning... once u got in my range u just didnt get away...
Ano

Postby Adryl » Mon Aug 11, 2008 7:34 am

I use both. I use 1-5 for seals and judgment. I have a 8 button mouse which makes it where I can have Holy Shield on my thumb button (love it). I also attempted to start using Hadar's Holy Hope but I only really use that for Redemption and my buffs.
Adryl

Postby Andurin » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:22 am

uke wrote:Now the REAL question is...

Who here uses their keyboard to TURN?

And who actually has the guts to admit it? (tanks who keyboard turn...shudder)

Me me! pick me! ^^

Still walking and turning with my keyboard :P and my main 3 action bars are keybound... (1 to =, ctrl+1 to ctrl+=, alt+1 to alt+=)... But I only press the buttons of 1 to 5 and ctrl 1 to ctrl 5... For all others i`m a clicker :)

Mainly tank stuff on the 10 buttons mentioned before :P

Yes I AM turning with my keyboard... Dont ban me now :P :roll:
Andurin

Previous

Return to General