9%
Keyboard all the way.
22%
Mix it up! I use both.
69%

Total votes : 158

Mouse-clicks, or button presses?

Postby Kaiser » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:28 pm

I'm curious about people's play style when it comes to all those macros and ability bars we can have running.

Do you macro your action bars to keyboard buttons?

OR

Do you have things arranged for fast and furious mouse clicks?

And do go with either of those, regardless of which you use:

Do you have alternative button settings, ie: ALT+button is Rank 1 spell, SHIFT+button is Max Rank spell?
Kaiser

Postby Wachter » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:31 pm

all clicking or all buttons doesnt jive, how do you button 9000000000000 buttons/macros to a keyboard
Ulushnar wrote:If the enemy gets too close, then I whip out the Combat shotgun from 'neath my Kilt.
Wachter

Postby Ilara » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:05 pm

I'm a bit of both.

I position my hand over WSAD to move, and use ~ -> 6 as my quick keys. Anything not on those keys, I don't usually use in the middle of combat, and are on the panel to mouse click should I need.
>.> oh and control+~ is my taunt.

Cast bar 1 (shift+1) is my tanking bar, Cast bar 2 is my heals bar.
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Worldie » Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:48 pm

The only thing i click are pots. All (literally) the other skills are either macroed or keybinded.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:23 pm

Worldie wrote:The only thing i click are pots. All (literally) the other skills are either macroed or keybinded.

I also click BoF, Holy Wrath, shift-click for non-greater blessings, and ummm...

that's about it.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Tradyk » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:38 pm

I'm a bit of both aswell. I use q, w, e to move, mouse to look, and 1-5 for RD, SoR, Judge, Consecrate, SoW, Alt 1-5 for Holy shield, hammer of wrath, Avenger's shield, exorcism, Divine Intervention, shift 1-5 for hammer of justice, BoP taunt macro, cleanse, flash of light, holy light. But I'll only ever manually click things like holy wrath, Lay on hands, Divine Shield, BoFree. And I've set my macro's up so that if hold ctrl and manually click any spell, it downgrades to something less mana intensive.

With the exception of BoF and BoP, my blessing are all handled with zomgBUFFS, so I just scroll my mouse wheel when it flashs at me. Even handles exceptions well, like when I group with my Ret friend, he just BoK's everyone, I Greater BoSalv everyone, then BoSanc myself, without having to think bout it.
Tradyk

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:08 am

I am a clicker. I don't have a single macro, I am not sure I even know how to set one up!

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:14 am

I keybind more than I click, and sometimes I key and click at the same time (modifier:shift).

I have a LOT of macros -- I think I have one empty macro slot on my paladin. I use a lot of castsequence macros to handle seals/judgements. I do a lot of [modifier:shift] conditionals in my macros (Z = mana tap, shift-Z = arcane torrent).

Today while jumping around while tanking h.SH, I discovered that (spc) != shift-(spc), so now I'm trying to think of something logical to keybind to shift-spacebar.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:35 am

Barathorn wrote:I am a clicker. I don't have a single macro, I am not sure I even know how to set one up!

Barathorn

Phail.

All my battle skills are keybound. I use mouseover macros, so I have to use keybindings to heal. A lot of the out of combat stuff like buffs and what not I click though, since I'm too lazy to think of things to bind them to.
Levantine

Postby Haganomir » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:37 am

I use hotkeys/buttons when serious tanking is needed.

I click and keyboard-turn if I am fapping to my new epic lewts / multitanking 10+ mobs or just smoking a cigarett/eating a sandwich.
Haganomir

Postby Wyleai » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:44 am

I use a left-hand mouse, and arrow keys for some movement, clicking for other movement. Turns are generally mouse driven - its faster.

My key tanking macros are the buttons from 1 to =. I usually click them, but can also key press them. It varies.
Wyleai

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:23 am

Levantine wrote:
Barathorn wrote:I am a clicker. I don't have a single macro, I am not sure I even know how to set one up!

Barathorn

Phail.

All my battle skills are keybound. I use mouseover macros, so I have to use keybindings to heal. A lot of the out of combat stuff like buffs and what not I click though, since I'm too lazy to think of things to bind them to.

Whatever Lev :P

I don't believe in macro's or keybindings, I prefer to play the game 'naturally'. That is just how I play the game obviously, I understand the uses and benefits of macro's and bindings, they are just not for me.

Barathorn
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Levantine » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:20 am

At least you're not one of the people that think they can simplify the game into one button. (P.S. Lolhunters, I forgive you, since Blizzard is stupid)
Levantine

Postby Ruex » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:24 am

Mouse clickerz unite!
Aside from the WASD keys.. my keyboard is for typing.

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:00 am

Ruex wrote:Mouse clickerz unite!
Aside from the WASD keys.. my keyboard is for typing.

<3

Exactly.

Barathorn

Next

Return to General