Remove Advertisements

To consecrate or not

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

To consecrate or not

Postby Haganomir » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:38 pm

I am still learning the drill on what to do and when but I guess asking more experienced players might help me (and the groups I run with) to learn a few things with out the need to raise the repair bill.

To make this short - I was running SH heroic and the mage yesterday was realy tired and constantly forgot to CC or it took him ages, thus a lot of mobs hitting me, loads of healing aggro and me freaking out because I wasnt sure if I should drop consecrate or not.

Anyway - I did the old fashioned warrior way of hitting each mob once with mele hits (and SoR/JoR) while waiting for the sheep to happen and then moved backwards to a place where I could drop consecrate.

That usualy workend with a taunt here and a HoJ there (2 wipes on hughe 6 mob pulls though, healer got aggro eventualy) as my group waited with damage until consecrate was on the ground.

Should I just have prayed for healing crits on the healers side, HoJ to take out some damage, blowing cooldowns and especialy droping consecrate as usual?

P.S.: The longest time it took the mage was around 12 seconds into the fight, wich was actualy funny to see as I died the second he applied the sheep.
Haganomir

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:40 pm

Have the mage sheep pull and run out of LoS. Consecrate mobs as they run to him.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Re: To consecrate or not

Postby fudomyou » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:44 pm

Another option is, mark a target for him to sheep and make sure Avenger's Shield hits that target. That daze gives you a lot more time to sheep without being in consecrate.
fudomyou
Maintankadonor

Postby antiy4ho0 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:44 pm

I tell my mages that they should start casting Sheep as soon as my Avenger shield finishes casting and its in the air. I give them plenty of room to get the sheep in. I always lay my first consecrate, if the sheep is in the pack I wait for the mage to resheep then I move the pack and drop a new consecrate.
antiy4ho0

Postby Ilara » Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:57 pm

I have a dirty habit of corner pulling whenever possible, so stuff has to run a fking mile to me and my cons. If mage hasn't got his sheep up before they hit my cons, then mage = fail. After throwing shield, you should get either aggro from the hit, or from the "omg he throws shield! me smash!" proximity. Threat from sheeping shouldnt be a problem for the mage, as the remainder should be heading for you anyway.

However shit does happen "my cat just caught fire" or whatever moments, I either adapt and tank the sheep mark too, or hold everything still, no cons, whilst the sheep is done and then move the remaining pack.
Usually if done on a corner, you can just pull them back around the corner and LoS will make them follow you into the clear.

Corners are your friend :3
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Sober » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:13 pm

Ilara wrote:Corners are your friend :3

This.

Always look for ways to LOS a pull or a convenient corner if your pulls include CC or casters to allow them to bunch up, etc.. Only thing that gets annoying is pvp'ers that burst it, pull aggro then get one shot and cry foul. But otherwise this is what I also do for plenty of caster pulls.
Sober

Postby davidred » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:17 pm

Sober wrote:Always look for ways to LOS a pull or a convenient corner if your pulls include CC or casters to allow them to bunch up, etc..

I had a H.mgt run last night where I was told by a mage that I didn't need to LOS any mobs and just to tank it where they were standing .. even after explaining casters at distance hurt and my consecrate would break his sheep he insisted I didn't have to LOS.

/goodbye
/hearth
davidred

Postby Karock » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:17 pm

Your mage just sucked, hard. Sheeping a marked mob isn't difficult and doesn't require a lot of thought or effort.
Karock

Postby Sober » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:19 pm

I had that same case in reg mgt last night. Me and the other mage (on his druid) made that mage rage quit with lulz.

Trust me, when the Sunfury Magister is still up and has 20 Spellhaste debuff stacks on him, the mage is doing something wrong.
Sober

Postby fuzzygeek » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:18 am

Ilara wrote:Corners are your friend :3

Tanks that know how to utilize LOS make me happy.

Sober wrote:Trust me, when the Sunfury Magister is still up and has 20 Spellhaste debuff stacks on him, the mage is doing something wrong.

Oh, is that what it was?

Heroics are fun when half the group may or may not be drunk.
fuzzygeek
Maintankadonor

Postby Haganomir » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:34 am

Karock wrote:Your mage just sucked, hard. Sheeping a marked mob isn't difficult and doesn't require a lot of thought or effort.

The mage was so drunk that he always:
- forgot to do it
- could not target the mob (quickly enough)
- and/or fireblasted it

Anyway, next time I am just going to drop Consecrate if the mage is that drunk and a friend of mine or kick him out of group if he isnt. With the sideeffect of relifing you guys from having to awnser hypothetical questions. ;)
Haganomir

Postby Wyleai » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:40 am

Corners are your friend, and so is consecrate. And if you can handle the full size of the pull, why is the mage sheeping to begin with? Tell them to save their mana. But, if you need it... they've got from the time of your pull to the time of your consecrate to get that sheep off.

M-----X-C-----]

If the mob is at M, you pull from X, drop a consecrate at C, and slip around the corner at ].
Wyleai

Return to General