114,941 to 1

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby honorshammer » Wed Jul 09, 2008 6:08 pm

I happen to have a copy of the movies (both pre Special Edition and post Special Edition, VHS and DVD. There is a special place in Hades for the morons at SOE who screwed up the license.)

C-3PO: But Sir. The odds of successfully surviving an attack on an Imperial Star Destroyer are approximately...
Leia: Shut up.
honorshammer

Re: 114,941 to 1

Postby Wachter » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:02 pm

Travatron wrote:After just finishing my 100th Shattered Halls run, those are my odds of never even seeing the Figurine of the Collosus. It's 99.99913% likely that I would have seen one by now at an 11% drop rate.

QQ, Random loot is Random.

But I mean... Really? C'mon
114,941:1

you need more magic find %
Ulushnar wrote:If the enemy gets too close, then I whip out the Combat shotgun from 'neath my Kilt.
Wachter

Postby Novariety » Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:25 pm

Talking of "random loot is random" I posted in the success thread I got Tide-Stompers last week to many sighs :). Well they dropped again this week and went to offspec. This being my 3rd week of raiding with the new guild.

Went and had a look at the dkp website for the guild and there have been 6 pairs of boots that have dropped.

On the figurine both my pallies have it but took about 5-6 runs on each to see it drop. My draenai never got her SV cloak which I gave up on ever dropping about 10 runs after hitting exalted.
Novariety

Postby Ruex » Thu Jul 10, 2008 12:29 am

I know how you can get this Trinket!

The moment you get a trinket better then it, pull a newb through SH, and it will drop for you! Guaranteed!!
Last edited by Ruex on Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Base » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:42 am

$hOTty wrote:You don't know?

For it to drop you need to be exalted with Thrallmar/Honor Hold, kill him within the timer, and to have the drop chance doubled you need a paladin and a shaman in the group that need to /hug the boss at the same time.

Sound familiar?

CONFIRMED!!!!

After grinding the bloody thing every since I got to 70 (over a year ago now) I ran into heroic SH last night killed him
-within the timer
-had a paladin and a shammy in the group which hugged him...

AND IT FRIGGIN DROPPED!
Base

Postby Diocaska » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:32 am

Elthar wrote:
$hOTty wrote:You don't know?

For it to drop you need to be exalted with Thrallmar/Honor Hold, kill him within the timer, and to have the drop chance doubled you need a paladin and a shaman in the group that need to /hug the boss at the same time.

Sound familiar?

CONFIRMED!!!!

After grinding the bloody thing every since I got to 70 (over a year ago now) I ran into heroic SH last night killed him
-within the timer
-had a paladin and a shammy in the group which hugged him...

AND IT FRIGGIN DROPPED!

Holy crap. Now whats the combo to get Najentus boots?
Aurellia(90) Ulshala(85) Diocaska(85) Leighesha(85)
Diocaska

Postby Candiru » Thu Jul 10, 2008 3:50 am

Najentus drops his boots every single time there isn't a paladin in the raid.

Fact.
Candiru

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:41 am

Candiru wrote:Najentus drops his boots every single time there isn't a paladin in the raid.

Fact.
Wait, so then it drops? O.O
It dropped _once_ since it's first death by my guild, when bt was like 2 months old. I was in the raid.
And so was the 5/5 divine intellect, 3/5 1HWS("It's for moar threat") tankadin that thinks RD doesn't work on melee hit and has more dkp than me.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Baelor » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:58 am

Honorshammer wrote:I happen to have a copy of the movies (both pre Special Edition and post Special Edition, VHS and DVD. There is a special place in Hades for the morons at SOE who screwed up the license.)

C-3PO: But Sir. The odds of successfully surviving an attack on an Imperial Star Destroyer are approximately...
Leia: Shut up.

Oh man, I fail. I'm slipping.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:59 am

Snake-Aes wrote:
Candiru wrote:Najentus drops his boots every single time there isn't a paladin in the raid.

Fact.
It dropped _once_ since it's first death by my guild, when bt was like 2 months old. I was in the raid.
And so was the 5/5 divine intellect, 3/5 1HWS("It's for moar threat") tankadin that thinks RD doesn't work on melee hit and has more dkp than me.

I can understand questioning 5/5 Intellect, but what is your issue with 3/5 1hWS?
honorshammer

Postby QuantumDelta » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

Fact.

I can understand questioning 5/5 Intellect, but what is your issue with 3/5 1hWS?

It's not 5/5.
nani shini umareta no? nani shini koko ni iru?
ikinokoritai, umaranai kizum, hikari osoreteta
QuantumDelta

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 am

Honorshammer wrote:
Snake-Aes wrote:

Fact.

Dropping hws for int and say it's for more threat.
Mana starvation is not an excuse either. I have an obscene amount of mana in my regular tanking gear without 5/5 int.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:20 am

Diocaska wrote:Holy crap. Now whats the combo to get Najentus boots?

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Baelor » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:31 am

Dorvan wrote:
Diocaska wrote:Holy crap. Now whats the combo to get Najentus boots?

Inquiring minds want to know.

I apparently missed our 2nd-ever Tidestomper's drop last night. Our prot paladin had 'em, so our mainstay holy picked them up. Since I logged in late, I might have missed my one and only chance.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Re: 114,941 to 1

Postby VikrumthePally » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:36 am

Travatron wrote:After just finishing my 100th Shattered Halls run, those are my odds of never even seeing the Figurine of the Collosus. It's 99.99913% likely that I would have seen one by now at an 11% drop rate.

QQ, Random loot is Random.

But I mean... Really? C'mon
114,941:1

Yeah after about 11 runs I thought the same thing. Got it on my 12th though! Good luck man.
VikrumthePally

PreviousNext

Return to General