Hi there, I'm Eszter.

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Postby Peryl » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:26 am

Eszter wrote:Hi there Peryl!

Now I'd really love to go up to you and give you a big hug! :D Thank you for your post, it was really nice to read! I always knew you friendly tankadins didn't roll paladins because they are cool or sexy (obviously they are, but that's beside the point) - you also want to help out people, just like me right now. :)

I think I've made sure that I want to roll a pally now, the only issue remains the place/realm/guild. Oh well, I'll keep looking. :) Keep the nice, constructive posts coming, please!

Love and Peace, Eszter <3

PS: Oh and good night, Eszter is going to bed. See you all tomorrow! :)

No problem, and hugs to you too :D . I think you'll find it's this site that has the helpful and friendly people.

Ok, then roll that pally! As mentioned, do some research on the forums, then pick a realm that works for your time and go for it. Unless you have friends already on a particular realm, there's no other way to do it. Heck, you have one recommendation from Ulrichter below, that would be good enough for me. I haven't had any luck finding a guild by location (i.e. a Hungarian guild). It's all be realm not real life location.

One idea is that you can check warcraft realms to get an idea about the servers. I've heard it's inaccurate but it can still give you more information.
Peryl
70 Tankadin
Muradin
Peryl

Postby Lieris » Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:48 am

Wyleai wrote:Druid tanking is very different from paladin tanking though.

I have two 70s, the other one is a druid. Everytime I was forced to tank on her I hated it. Very boring stuff - you have only a few buttons you need to pay attention too, most of them on long cooldowns, and you always click the same ones everytime the cooldown comes up.

A druid tank could get by with a UI that had growl, swipe, and the one that generates more aggression as three giant buttons taking up 90% of their screen... just click 1, 2, and 3 and then cycle back. No real need to even see the screen.

Druid tanking is very different from paladin tanking in that the latter is piss easy in 5 mans whilst the other requires some thought.

You can't tank with just swipe, growl and enrage :roll: Mine looks like this (L and R are mouse buttons):

It's no more or less buttons than my paladin but managing the cooldowns and debuffs is a lot harder. In that regard a paladin is a good beginner's tank for the OP but if she wants to cut her teeth on bear tanking to get a taste of the role in the meantime that works too.

As for gender... well you're more likely to face prejudice based on your class than your gender and unless you give very obvious cues everyone assumes everyone is a guy in ye average PUG. It's only a big deal if you let it become one. I have one guild member who mutes all women on vent but I find that more funny than upsetting! XD
Lieris
Maintankadonor

Postby Eszter » Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:23 am

Hi there again!

Well thanks again for the posts! :D You're right Peryl, I think I'll simply go with Ulrichter's recommendation, it's not that easy to find Hungarian guilds and anyways, I guess language-limitations only make raiding harder. Oh well. Hopefully I'll be able to make some friends on the way. :)

As for druid tanking, I actually thought about giving it a try, since there were times when I read up on that, so I know the basics. But seeing as I've already spent an immense amount of badges on Cloth/Leather caster gear and made lots of tank friends on the way (plus assembling a starter tanking gear would be a bit complex, I guess), I think I'll just hibernate my moonkin until WotLK hits and then level her to 80. :)

I guess I'll reroll tomorrow then. Perhaps someone will be interested, seeing as there are so many nice people here, so I thought I'd share my progress here from time to time. I guess it'd motivate me to know that people are actually interested in it. Oh well, time will tell. :)

Thanks for the posts again, keep them coming! :)

Peace and Love, Eszter <3
Eszter

Postby Wyleai » Sat Jul 05, 2008 9:20 am

Lieris wrote:You can't tank with just swipe, growl and enrage :roll: Mine looks like this (L and R are mouse buttons):

It was a tongue in cheek comment, btw. But that said, I found druid tanking to be extremely boring.

Lieris wrote:As for gender... well you're more likely to face prejudice based on your class than your gender

You're lucky there.

Lieris wrote:I have one guild member who mutes all women on vent but I find that more funny than upsetting! XD
Now see, I would guild-kick that person if I found out.
Wyleai

Postby Kelaan » Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:36 am

Ret to 42 is good advice. You can tank JUST FINE at the lower dungeons. DO try to tank places like BFD, Deadmines, Wailing Caverns, etc, though -- good practice, and nothing quite like doing it At Level. (:
Kelaan

Postby Eszter » Sun Jul 06, 2008 7:14 am

Hi there!

Thanks Kelaan! :) I'm definitely looking forward to tanking most if not all of the old world instances, especially seeing as I am a completionist and therefore I'll probably do all instance quests. :P And I know just how frustrating it can be when you are desperately looking forward to get that awesome blue quest reward from an instance quest, yet there is no one in the LFG tool, or simply no one in the zone. Hopefully I'll be able to help folks out and make them enjoy old content again. :)

Eszter

Postby Eszter » Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:32 pm

Hi again beloved Tankadins!

It's me again. Yes, I've rolled mine! Whee! I'm really enjoying her so far: done with all 4 starting areas (was the major "can I do this?"-check), Ghostlands and Ragefire Chasm. Moving on to Barrens and Wailing Caverns while working on my Blood-Tempered Ranseur. :P Quite boring, I know, but it feels like quite the accomplishment to me! Oh yes, well, level 22 so far, hoping to reach 30 quite soon! The new patch just hit and to be quite honest, the mount requirements reduction is a huge inspiration to me. :) Can't wait to ride a blood red horse summoned by me!

On a sidenote, if anyone's interested, I'm on the Quel'Thalas realm still, Horde side. Haven't found a guild yet, which makes leveling a bit boring and depressing, but I'm hoping to join one soon. Wish me luck! :P

Keep the comments coming! :) And thanks for all the encouragement!

Eszter

Postby Euphoria » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:23 am

Just stick with her for a while. You're going to hit the wall at 30-35...Then you get reckoning and the whole world is your playground.

Also, once you do go protection be sure to test out your limits. You'll never know what you're capable of until you try doing it.
Euphoria

Postby moduspwnens » Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:25 am

Don't forget! You get your mount at 30 now. :D
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Eszter » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:06 am

Yay! Can't wait for a shiney new horse instead of something that shared its Beta Test name with the male genitalia! ^_^
Last edited by Eszter on Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eszter

Postby Ciandin » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:47 am

pen15?
Fighting over the internet is like the special olympics... even if you win, you're still retarded.
Ciandin

Postby Eszter » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:49 am

I was actually referring to the old name of the Hawkstriders; I think they were called, well... Kawkatrices in the Beta, if you get what I mean. :P
Eszter

Postby Aertho » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:05 pm

Yeah, I just got a Chocobo for my mage yesterday. I'm really nonplussed with the mount design. I mean, granted, they were running out of cool animals to put people on. With horses, cats, dogs, rhinos, elephants, dinosaurs, goats and robots already done, I would've liked the peacock to have a bit more... flair? They're just dayglo emus.

I want to press spacebar and have tailfeathers unfold like I'm on an NBC logo.
Aertho

Postby Eszter » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:11 pm

My thoughts exactly. I kind of liked my first birdie when TBC hit and I started my first Belf, but after a while they became quite boring. And obviously, the true Belven mount is without a doubt The Unicorn.
Eszter

Postby guillex » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:36 pm

Eszter wrote:My thoughts exactly. I kind of liked my first birdie when TBC hit and I started my first Belf, but after a while they became quite boring. And obviously, the true Belven mount is without a doubt The Unicorn.

Because, let's face it, you're both just myths?

:P
Póg mo thóin
guillex

PreviousNext

Return to General