Remove Advertisements

A new way to burst our bubble

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

A new way to burst our bubble

Postby Tahl » Thu Jun 26, 2008 12:57 pm

As if having it removed by mass dispel wasn't enough, check this Warlock talent:

Chaos Bolt - Sends a bolt of Chaotic Fire at the enemy, dealing 990-1256 Fire damage. Chaos Bolt cannot be resisted, and pierces through absorption and immunity mechanics. (51 point, 715 mana, 1.45 sec cast, 8 sec cooldown)

So in bgs, you'll get burst down to within an inch of your life (lol plate armor) and pop the bubble, crossing your fingers that you can get a few heals off before a priest notices you. Before you can get a single holy light off (2.5s) or even a flash of light (1.5s) a warlock could have this bolt headed your direction and another one ready before bubble wears off. Knowing locks that'll probably outdamage any healing you can do if it doesn't kill you immediately.

Everyone complains about the bubble, but is it really that powerful? All it's useful for is (a) removing dots and fear, (b) delaying your inevitable demise by 1.5-12 seconds while your enemies /dance with you, (c) jumping off cliffs and other silly tricks. And a five minutes cooldown means it's rarely available at the moment you need it in a battleground.

I predict it will be replaced with this ability in WotLK:

Cloak of Bubbles
Instant
Envelopes the Paladin in cleansing bubbles which instantly remove all harmful spell effects. The next attack which would otherwise kill you will instead reduce you to 100hp for 5 seconds. When the effects ends the extra health will be lost. Cooldown: 5 minutes
Tahl

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:07 pm

Still waiting on Paladin talents before all hope is abandoned.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby Nottebella » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 pm

It's the 51 point talent in the destro tree. You'll never see it. Ever.
Nottebella - 70 - Argent Dawn
Nottebella

Postby Lore » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:13 pm

So bubble before a chaos bolt will kill you :P
Lore
Global Mod

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:18 pm

moduspwnens wrote:Still waiting on Paladin talents before all hope is abandoned.

This

I really hope blizz is late on paladin talents cause they are preparing something gamebreaking which would make us proper tanks-healers-dps.
Last edited by Worldie on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby lusisia » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:19 pm

Lore wrote:So bubble before a chaos bolt will kill you :P

Shit, I only use bubble as a debuff cleanser anyway. You never have time to do more than a FoL before some priest wipes it.

Sometimes people rely to heavily on the bubble ;)
"then somehow people manage not to see the forty fucking foot tall of fucking fiery flames of fucking doom ... and we wipe." - Isolfr
"It turns out that a large number of people are whiny motherfuckers ..." - PsiVen
lusisia
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:20 pm

Blizz is supposedly releasing pally info in August. Cross your fingers.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Baelor » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:22 pm

The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

You haven't seen paladin talents yet. You're worrying about a 51 destro talent, which means the lock won't be SL/SL and you can probably smash his face in as ret. You haven't seen any of the new paladin skills yet. And last but not least, it's got a cast time, so unless you're in a 1v1 situation, your partner can interrupt it.

STOP WORRYING ABOUT ALPHA TALENTS FROM OTHER CLASSES. This is not a cause for alarm. Go about your business, nothing to see here. Please, please, please wait until you have an entire picture of the new skills/talents for all classes and the alpha testing ends before you start claiming the end of the world is nigh.
I am the light that brings the dawn.
Something Wicked this way comes.
Formerly: Baelor of Runetotem-US (2006-2007) | Cathmor of Malfurion-US (2007-2010)
Follow me on Twitter
Baelor

Postby Tahl » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:35 pm

I'm sure that we will get some buffs also (right..? hello...?) Not claiming this ends everything and the sky is falling; I'm just pointing out the trend towards diminishing the effectiveness of one of our signature abilities. Apparently brief immunity every five minutes in the absence of a priest is considered so overpowered that they can't leave it as-is. They specifically chose to make this go through bubble and iceblock.
Tahl

Postby moduspwnens » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:37 pm

Worldie wrote:I really hope blizz is late on paladin talents cause they are preparing something gamebreaking which would make us proper tanks-healers-dps.

Same here.
I rule.
moduspwnens

Postby honorshammer » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:45 pm

Baelor wrote:The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

You haven't seen paladin talents yet. You're worrying about a 51 destro talent, which means the lock won't be SL/SL and you can probably smash his face in as ret. You haven't seen any of the new paladin skills yet. And last but not least, it's got a cast time, so unless you're in a 1v1 situation, your partner can interrupt it.

STOP WORRYING ABOUT ALPHA TALENTS FROM OTHER CLASSES. This is not a cause for alarm. Go about your business, nothing to see here. Please, please, please wait until you have an entire picture of the new skills/talents for all classes and the alpha testing ends before you start claiming the end of the world is nigh.

While I agree with you, I would caution about waiting until the end of Alpha to be concerned. Alpha is the ONLY time substantial changes can be made. Once you get to Beta, it will take too much time and effort to make any fundamental changes.

I'm hoping for some great things, but the delay does mean they will have less time to test Paladins and receive/evaluate feedback.

I'm optimistic, but concerned.
honorshammer

Postby Hankthetank » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:25 pm

Guillex wrote:Blizz is supposedly releasing pally info in August. Cross your fingers.

Uh, yeah, when I said that in IRC, it was 100% made up. I dearly hope we have information before then. :)
Hankthetank

Postby Bobu » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:37 pm

Baelor wrote:
STOP WORRYING ABOUT ALPHA TALENTS FROM OTHER CLASSES
. .
I never really feel quite right
I don't know why, all I know is there's something wrong
Every time I look at you, you seem so alive

Tell me how do you do it, walk me through it
I'm following every
~Mr Big
Bobu

Postby Dorvan » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:39 pm

Bobu wrote:
Baelor wrote:
STOP WORRYING ABOUT ALPHA TALENTS FROM OTHER CLASSES
. .

sig-worthy

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:45 pm

Hankthetank wrote:
Guillex wrote:Blizz is supposedly releasing pally info in August. Cross your fingers.

Uh, yeah, when I said that in IRC, it was 100% made up. I dearly hope we have information before then. :)

I kinda figured it was made up. :P

I just like fueling fires sometimes, as nobody ever sits back and waits.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Next

Return to General