So Trade chat made fun of my Mongoose placement...

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

So Trade chat made fun of my Mongoose placement...

Postby Rhetto » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:59 pm

Not that I care, but some bank alt ran up to me, and linked my Amani Punisher to trade chat, and I got so many whispers when I replied saying it was a valid option, saying to get +20 strength, or healing, or spell damage..half the people didn't even ask my spec, and said that mongoose sucked =P

I use mongoose because I have 350-450 SD and I don't need another 40 (I keep aggro just fine against similiarly geared players), but why could people be so blind as to pick on a pally tank for using mongoose, when warriors use executioner? I mean...executioner? I'd pick mongoose, since melee crit can affect threat, as a side bonus..

Anyone else had random grief like that? I mean, I was just waiting for something to happen with that enchant, but nothing that grand, heh.

Armory:
http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/chara ... gg&n=Remos
Rhetto

Postby Aleriya » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:04 pm

A long time ago, I got a Quel'Serrar and enchanted it with spell damage. That got a lot of responses, and even more warrior tears.

Average Joe WoW player doesn't know anything about paladin tanking mechanics, so I wouldn't worry about what people say in trade.
Aleriya

Postby Targonis » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:07 pm

The more spell damage the better... why mongoose? Short on dodge?
Targonis

Postby guillex » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:07 pm

Don't worry about it.

It has been discussed in the forums though, and I believe that people tend to lean towards a static (scaling, iirc) +20agi over the Mongoose proc.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Rhetto » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:07 pm

I just think it's funny...you see druids and warriors, they look at your mish-mash of pally and warrior gear and go "WTF?!" and get dazed...I think we're magical unicorns to them, we just hit buttons and things happen :)
Rhetto

Postby Rhetto » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:10 pm

Targonis wrote:The more spell damage the better... why mongoose? Short on dodge?

I know the more threat the better, but mongoose procs -alot- for me, every single fight, and I enjoy it...if my threat wasn't scaling so well, I'd replace my +20 SD on my gloves with +2% threat, and grab +40 SD on the weapon, but it has never been the case, as I have only rarely seen burst DPS classes reach my threat, even then I can pick it back up, since they're smart DPS.

thanks for quick replies :D
Rhetto

Postby guillex » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:12 pm

Rhetto wrote:
Targonis wrote:The more spell damage the better... why mongoose? Short on dodge?

I know the more threat the better, but mongoose procs -alot- for me, every single fight, and I enjoy it...if my threat wasn't scaling so well, I'd replace my +20 SD on my gloves with +2% threat, and grab +40 SD on the weapon, but it has never been the case, as I have only rarely seen burst DPS classes reach my threat, even then I can pick it back up, since they're smart DPS.

Errr, again, this has been discussed at length, and 2% threat scales better than +20sd after 250ish SD.

It's only near what, 700ish SD that they start evening out again? I can't remember exact numbers, but a search will bring that up

Just sayin'. ;)
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Targonis » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:16 pm

Rhetto wrote:

Are you at your uncrush cap? I can't see the proc really helping that much... mind you I've never tried it I'm really just trying to see the benefit... halp me understand!
Targonis

Postby Rhetto » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:17 pm

Guillex wrote:
Rhetto wrote:

Errr, again, this has been discussed at length, and 2% threat scales better than +20sd after 250ish SD.

It's only near what, 700ish SD that they start evening out again? I can't remember exact numbers, but a search will bring that up

Just sayin'. ;)

I was waiting for BT-Hyjal tanking/400+ SD to actually do that myself, since I've had no problems...if I did have problems I'd definately look it up, as I love this place.

I do appreciate the tips though!
Rhetto

Postby guillex » Thu Jun 19, 2008 1:19 pm

Oh yeah, for sure Rhetto. I'm not trying to tell you what to do... Just what's been discussed.

If it's working for you, then by all means don't try to fix what ain't broke!
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Squishums » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:58 pm

I get an insane amount of grief for having mongoose on my lollypop of judgement...

I lol when its coming from a paladin wearing the warrior badge gear....consitantcy much??????

I just felt 40 spell dmg was so replacable...40 from oil, 80 from flask, 25 from food, 100 from a shaman, 20 from a DS priest.....

Its hella annoying though when your gear/spec gets linked in trade chat for the amusment of all, and you get /spit spammed in cities =(
Squishums

Postby Spectrum » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:23 pm

Never listen to trade, it's actually worse than the general forums.

+20 SD is > 2% threat for damage. If the threat is not that much of a problem, just get the extra damage in there.

Mongoose adds some good dodge, but I think on average +20 agil is better. It's still far from bad and still slightly up for debate.

However, if you wanted one to be a mitigation stat and one to be a threat stat I'd go with SD weapon and armor kit on the gloves.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Thu Jun 19, 2008 5:56 pm

I wonder what would happen if i enchant +int on my Bulwark.
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Sharlos » Thu Jun 19, 2008 6:48 pm

I'm going to go enchant +healing on my Sun Eater now.
Sharlos

Postby Dianora » Fri Jun 20, 2008 12:51 am

I use mongoose on [item=34611]Cudgel of Consecration[/item]. I use that as part of my Hyjal Trashmob set as well as the weapon used in Mother Shahraz. For all other fights, I have the [item=34009]Hammer of Judgement[/item], which does have spell damage.
ImageImageImage
Dianora

Next

Return to General