Re: Post Your Amusements!

Postby benebarba » Thu May 02, 2013 1:17 pm

I really hope they use the same avatar as a CM :P
benebarba

Postby Nooska » Thu May 02, 2013 1:20 pm

benebarba wrote:I really hope they use the same avatar as a CM :P

Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby Klaudandus » Thu May 02, 2013 2:10 pm

Nooska wrote:*blush* I never note who actually posts that sort of post (and to be honest, I don't even remember reading it *ducks the banhammer* - I guess most cases I just behave myself and assume thats okay - and follow suit of what the majority does (like never bring up religion, politics or otehr controversial stuff except if I know its okay already)

Sometimes, i forget... Or post it on the wrong threads.

Of course there has been times when i have broken the rules after they have been changed post facto
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby cdan » Thu May 02, 2013 2:14 pm

Seeing that news about Lore has reminded me that when I first joined this site there was still a debate about whether Paladin tanks were anything other than a novelty in some parts of the WoW community.

Amusing to recall now, but we used to take it very seriously back then.

Urgh. Just realised I am an old fart reminiscing about days gone by. How mortifying. Even more embarrassing than my Amani Mask of Death based transmog set. :(
cdan

Postby Era » Thu May 02, 2013 3:19 pm

I'm still fairly new on here, but I know who Lore is! Then again, I got sort of obsessed with everything Paladin when I was "building myself up" to become a high-end tank, and at the time (WotLK, yeah I'm a Wrath-baby) Lore was a well known name.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby bldavis » Thu May 02, 2013 3:28 pm

Chunes wrote:
Flex wrote:Lore is now a Blizzard CM.

Is this real life?

yeah
he made the announcement on youtube yesterday

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Klaudandus » Thu May 02, 2013 3:37 pm

The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Era » Thu May 02, 2013 3:58 pm

Moustache? :lol: That was pretty good.
"Ask stupid questions. Growth is fueled by desire and innocence. Assess the answer,
not the question. Imagine learning throughout your life at the rate of an infant."
Era

Postby benebarba » Thu May 02, 2013 4:18 pm

Era wrote:Moustache? :lol: That was pretty good.

There was a lot of judo. But I closed my eyes :lol:
benebarba

Postby Nooska » Fri May 03, 2013 2:25 am

Era wrote:I'm still fairly new on here, but I know who Lore is! Then again, I got sort of obsessed with everything Paladin when I was "building myself up" to become a high-end tank, and at the time (WotLK, yeah I'm a Wrath-baby) Lore was a well known name.

My amusement of the day; you still consider yourself fairly new around here, and are all the way back from wrath - the first expansion where a paladin tank was more than higghly situational (I remember having a paladintank i tbc who's sole job was grabbing the .. murlocs?.. on the giant in SSC and then being the aggro target for waves in MH, while we "proper tanks" (druids) tanked the bosses or wen't dps on the go when not tanking)
Main Characters:
Nooska, Blood Elf BM/SV Hunter on Argent Dawn (EU)
Morosin, Bloody freezing orc death knight on Argent Dawn (EU)
Niisca, Shady forsaken "priest" on Argent Dawn (EU)

Keeper Emeritus of the BM hunters guide on Elitist Jerks and the wowhead version untill patch 5.3.
Nooska

Postby benebarba » Fri May 03, 2013 4:25 am

Nooska wrote:
Era wrote:I'm still fairly new on here, but I know who Lore is! Then again, I got sort of obsessed with everything Paladin when I was "building myself up" to become a high-end tank, and at the time (WotLK, yeah I'm a Wrath-baby) Lore was a well known name.

My amusement of the day; you still consider yourself fairly new around here, and are all the way back from wrath - the first expansion where a paladin tank was more than higghly situational (I remember having a paladintank i tbc who's sole job was grabbing the .. murlocs?.. on the giant in SSC and then being the aggro target for waves in MH, while we "proper tanks" (druids) tanked the bosses or wen't dps on the go when not tanking)

so, since I feel similarly to Era... this made me look at at *my* join date

0.o

But like a friend said once: you gotta wait at least an expansion or two before you can start complaining/praising the days of the expansion you started in :P
benebarba

Postby culhag » Fri May 03, 2013 6:21 am

Nooska wrote:My amusement of the day; you still consider yourself fairly new around here, and are all the way back from wrath - the first expansion where a paladin tank was more than higghly situational (I remember having a paladintank i tbc who's sole job was grabbing the .. murlocs?.. on the giant in SSC and then being the aggro target for waves in MH, while we "proper tanks" (druids) tanked the bosses or wen't dps on the go when not tanking)

When I joined I was just a Hyjal trash tankadin. :(
culhag
Maintankadonor

Postby Era » Fri May 03, 2013 7:58 am

Well, everything is relative, right? ^^ I guess I just see all these old names from way back to Classic times and just feel like I haven't been around for very long. :P And yeah, I do feel like the expansion I joined in (WotLK for reference) was the best one. Dungeons were easy, normal raids were normal, and HC raids (or equivalent hard modes) were hard. Or at least that's the way I remember feeling!

Of course, I'm a huge fan of the Arthas-storyline, so that might've helped colour my opinion just a slight bit!
Era

Postby benebarba » Fri May 03, 2013 9:58 am

Era wrote:Well, everything is relative, right? ^^ I guess I just see all these old names from way back to Classic times and just feel like I haven't been around for very long. :P And yeah, I do feel like the expansion I joined in (WotLK for reference) was the best one. Dungeons were easy, normal raids were normal, and HC raids (or equivalent hard modes) were hard. Or at least that's the way I remember feeling!

Of course, I'm a huge fan of the Arthas-storyline, so that might've helped colour my opinion just a slight bit!

Yep - I feel the same way about the names and dates here. I mean, I came here because this was *the place* for pally tanks.

I actually joined so late in wrath, and so me 5-mans was all I could do except the odd VOA run I got lucky and made it into. My memories of wrath are more about the learning curve of a new player, then the learning to hate PUGs from LFD (and being the worst geared person in my guild for a long time because of it). I do recall thinking that while the leveling content changes were mostly welcome in cata, the way they went crazy with flightpoints in the old world and how rail-road like zones became wasn't. I (and my guildmates) also welcomed the new hard heroic 5-mans, after the gogogo zergathons that were wrath heroics (this is also my main issue with most LFRs since the attitude never seemed to have gone away even if content changed). I did like the Lich King as a villian, far better than Garrosh/the Sha or Deathwing.

For me, it was the night before cata dropped, and I remember saying to this person (she'd played back in vanilla and TBC, then quit for awhile): "so, can I talk about Wrath as being 'back in my day' now?"

Her answer was "No, you have to wait through one full expansion first."

So: back in my day... :P
benebarba

Postby Chunes » Fri May 03, 2013 10:33 am

I joined in mid BC when pally tanks were just starting to actually be viable MT's, provided you had a group that wasn't all boner'ed out for wars/druids.

We couldn't tank everything, we had threat problems, but we could tank *most* things.
Chunes

PreviousNext

Return to General