Remove Advertisements

All about sports

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: All about sports

Postby Shoju » Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:06 am

I bet he's confused. I feel awful for Teo. It's one thing if you end up in a Catfish type situation, but it's another when it's a dude, not the chick you thought it was, and then you find out that the dude was... IN LOVE with you, and not just messing with you?

At this point, I'm just surprised that Teo hasn't done something like withdraw from the public eye completely, and hole up in a cabin in the woods, or worse. He's been the butt of jokes, he's been the laughing stock, people have questioned his intelligence, he's looked the fool, and now.... the guy who inflicted all of this on you, says "I think it was a romantic relationship, I love him".
Shoju

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:33 pm

109 yards...no pinch, no stink, no sweat
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:43 pm

The one behind the power outage in NOLA
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Fridmarr » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:47 pm

haha
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Klaudandus » Sun Feb 03, 2013 6:50 pm

Fridmarr wrote:haha

Well, either him or
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:18 pm

Joe Flacco. Super Bowl Champion. Super Bowl MVP. Dare I say elite?
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Paxen » Mon Feb 04, 2013 3:30 am

Flex wrote:Joe Flacco. Super Bowl Champion. Super Bowl MVP. Dare I say elite?

No, because it's much more awesome that you actuall can win a title with a non-elite Quarterback (one that's merely Very Good).
Paxen

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:27 am

Sharpe asked Lewis what he would say to the families of the two men killed in Atlanta after the Super Bowl in 2000. Lewis pleaded guilty to obstruction of justice after that incident. The families have spoken out in the last month including a story in USA Today about Lewis being celebrated for what he has done in the NFL.

Lewis' comments aren't likely to make the families feel much better.

"It’s simple," Lewis said when Sharpe asked him what he would say to the families.

"God has never made a mistake. That’s just who He is, you see. And if our system – it’s the sad thing about our system – if our system took the time to really investigate what happened 13 years ago, maybe they would have got to the bottom line truth. But the saddest thing ever was that a man looked me in my face and told me, ‘We know you didn’t do this, but you’re going down for it anyway.’ To the family, if you knew, if you really knew the way God works, he don’t use people who commits anything like that for His glory. No way. It’s the total opposite."

*facedesk*

And people complain about Tebow being overtly religious, at least Tebow isn't using it as a sort of mask or shield to deflect the whole murder thing.

For that matter, Lewis might have found god (and I aint even sure of that), but cant seem to find a certain suit...

Least I won't have to see that poor bird having spastic seizures whenever he is introduced...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:21 am

Deflecting the whole murder thing that was legally settled over a decade ago. I think it is amateur hour sports journalism to keep bringing it up as if you're going to get some grand revelation now.

I'm not a fan of Roethlisburger so I'll continue to use Rapelisburger as a stupid anti-fandom name because I am dumb. I don't think the allegations against him have any reason to be brought up if he goes back to the Superbowl.
We live in a society where people born on third base constantly try to steal second, yet we expect people born with two strikes against them to hit a homerun on the first pitch.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:55 am

Fine. Just hate him using the whole God thing to shield himself behind it -- moreover, like i said, he doesn't get any flak about it but Tebow does?

Cuz, according to Lewis, he makes it sound like it was God's plan that two people died, and that his suit mysteriously disappeared -- not to mention Lewis talks so much about God and his plans that you would think he and God skype every day.

Kinda like Te'o and his imaginary gf/real bf
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:57 am

Klaudandus wrote:he doesn't get any flak about it but Tebow does?

He gets tons of flack from it in the DC radio market. The religious but non-Born Again think it is over the top with the common expression being "God doesn't care about football". For me hearing how Born Again people feel about Jesus Lewis' talk is pretty much exactly the same.
Last edited by Flex on Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flex

Postby Klaudandus » Mon Feb 04, 2013 10:58 am

Flex wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:he doesn't get any flak about it but Tebow does?

He gets tons of flack from it in the DC radio market.The religious but non-Born Again think it is over the top with the common expression being "God doesn't care about football". For me hearing how Born Again people feel about Jesus Lewis' talk is pretty much exactly the same.

Don't have access to the DC Market radio shows. Not really interesting in the DC radio shows, considering I hate both the skins and the nationals...

Now, to be honest, Tebow's overt expression of religiousness kinda rubs me the wrong way at times, but nowhere near as bad as Lewis...
---
Klaudandus

Postby Flex » Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:16 am

Some observations
Baltimore fans seem to travel well. That dumb 7 Nation Army chanting during the blackout was amusing.
SFs playcalling was horrific all night. Ngata is out of the game with an injury and you throw it 4 times from the 5?
Ray Lewis' ability to make people hate masks the good players on the Ravens who finally got their ring easy to overlook. Birk, Ngata, Reed, Boldin, Smith and Rice. Yea yea swagger, hard to be a pro athlete without it.
Ed Reed has the hobo look down.
Flex

Postby Shoju » Tue Feb 05, 2013 1:08 pm

I prefer Rapeswithlager has my Big Ben Nickname. But when the Super Bowl comes knocking for him again (and I'm sure it will), I'm not going to blow a gasket about it. I'm sure something stupid happened that night. I don't know the facts, and I don't care anymore. It happened, it was put to rest. Same with Lewis. What happened happened. I buy his religion. If only because I lived close to that style of religion for most of my childhood. It is overt, and in your face, and non stop. It's fanaticism. I see in him, what I saw in most of the adults in the church my dad pastored as a kid. It's a fervent, life consuming belief, and it comes off STRONG

Maybe he did kill the man. Maybe he did burn the suit, or throw it in a dumpster. But, the Ray Lewis you saw at the Super Bowl, isn't the same young dumb Lewis we saw at the last Super Bowl. He's changed, or at least, that's what I'm seeing.
Shoju

Postby Paxen » Tue Feb 05, 2013 2:44 pm

Shoju wrote:Maybe he did kill the man. Maybe he did burn the suit, or throw it in a dumpster. But, the Ray Lewis you saw at the Super Bowl, isn't the same young dumb Lewis we saw at the last Super Bowl. He's changed, or at least, that's what I'm seeing.

From possible murderer or accomplice to religious fanatic? Pardon me if I don't find him very sympathetic either way...

edit: I guess it's still a change for the better. Unless he starts blowing up abortion clinics, he's a peaceful fanatic.
Paxen

PreviousNext

Return to General