Valor reward discussion

Anything, including off-topic posts

Moderators: Fridmarr, Worldie, Aergis, Sabindeus, PsiVen

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby halabar » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:20 pm

Koatanga wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:How bout an alternate way to earn the reputation with the factions but with a weekly or daily cap on how much rep you can earn thru this method that is equal or lesser to the total rep you can gain thru the dailies.

That way both raiders and non-raiders get their cake

And I see no downside to this.

If you impose a daily cap you might as well just do the damn dailies.

I work 5 days a week and make dinner for my family, so I don't get to play until 8:00 pm or so at which point I am tired from a full-on day. I raid a couple nights a week as well. I don't have time or inclination to do dailies after raid, and often on non-raid work days either.

Give me something I can max out on my weekend, or when I decide to spend some time on it.

And then, most importantly, allow my main to "introduce" my alts, so that they might start with honored or even revered reputation instead of having to do it all over again.

Seriously, let's say Superman shows up at your door IRL, and introduces you to his best friend - would you:

A: Be neutral to him. Could be a villain for all you know.
B: Honour him and make a fancy meal, treat him with lots of respect.
C: Revere him - best friends with the Man of Steel? This dude must be something special!

I'm gonna guess it's probably not going to be A.


Your alts are getting some of the superman treatment, with the bonus to rep gains.

And yes, weekly caps.
Amirya wrote:... because everyone needs a Catagonskin rug.

twinkfist wrote:i feel bad for the Mogu...having to deal with alcoholic bears.
User avatar
halabar
 
Posts: 9379
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2007 8:21 am
Location: <in the guild that shall not be named>

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Sabindeus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:55 pm

Yeah the double rep thing sounds like exactly what you're asking for
Image
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
User avatar
Sabindeus
Moderator
 
Posts: 10475
Joined: Mon May 14, 2007 9:24 am

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:36 pm

not entirely

and i only said daily cap because I feel that would fly better with blizz than a weekly cap...

but the way I would do is that the weekly cap is less than the total rep you could get in a week with that faction if you were to do each and every single daily every single day --- that way, you would still need to do dailies to get your total for the week -- that way there's still the incentive to do the dailies
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:40 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Yeah the double rep thing sounds like exactly what you're asking for


If we had an alternate way to get the rep, we would not need the double rep thing.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:48 pm

Sabindeus wrote:Yeah the double rep thing sounds like exactly what you're asking for

The double rep things works for alts IF your main is already at Exalted.

What about those people that don't have time for the daily grind on their mains? Are they just completely excluded from getting those items until well after the items become obsolete? I mean, if you're only able to do dailies once a week, you're looking at months of dailies just to get to revered. Let's not even factor in that AC/SP are locked behind GL rep.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
User avatar
Skye1013
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 3965
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 5:47 am
Location: JBPH-Hickam, Hawaii

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby bldavis » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Skye1013 wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:Yeah the double rep thing sounds like exactly what you're asking for

The double rep things works for alts IF your main is already at Exalted Revered.

What about those people that don't have time for the daily grind on their mains? Are they just completely excluded from getting those items until well after the items become obsolete? I mean, if you're only able to do dailies once a week, you're looking at months of dailies just to get to revered. Let's not even factor in that AC/SP are locked behind GL rep.

and you get bonus one your main after revered

still doesnt help get to revered though
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7410
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Koatanga » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:46 pm

Klaudandus wrote:not entirely

and i only said daily cap because I feel that would fly better with blizz than a weekly cap...

but the way I would do is that the weekly cap is less than the total rep you could get in a week with that faction if you were to do each and every single daily every single day --- that way, you would still need to do dailies to get your total for the week -- that way there's still the incentive to do the dailies


Sorry, why does there need to be incentive to do dailies? I understand that Bliz feels the need to make us grind rep, but why is dailies THE mechanism for it?

Can they not allow raiders to get some rep off of raid kills like they did in Vanilla? So raiders don't have to do quite as many dailies to hit the cap?

Can they not have zone drops that turn in for rep that people can collect and sell on the AH, so that people with more gold than reputation can use one to get the other, to the benefit of those with more reputation than gold.

Dailies are just busywork. It's your boss having you stack a pile of bricks over there today, then restack the pile on the opposite side of the yard tomorrow, then back here the day after. We'd get pissed off if our boss asked us to do that, yet in some bizarre universe we're expected to do it for ENTERTAINMENT. WTF happened here?
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga
 
Posts: 2014
Joined: Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:46 pm

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:53 pm

Koatanga wrote:
Klaudandus wrote:not entirely

and i only said daily cap because I feel that would fly better with blizz than a weekly cap...

but the way I would do is that the weekly cap is less than the total rep you could get in a week with that faction if you were to do each and every single daily every single day --- that way, you would still need to do dailies to get your total for the week -- that way there's still the incentive to do the dailies


Sorry, why does there need to be incentive to do dailies? I understand that Bliz feels the need to make us grind rep, but why is dailies THE mechanism for it?

Can they not allow raiders to get some rep off of raid kills like they did in Vanilla? So raiders don't have to do quite as many dailies to hit the cap?

Can they not have zone drops that turn in for rep that people can collect and sell on the AH, so that people with more gold than reputation can use one to get the other, to the benefit of those with more reputation than gold.

Dailies are just busywork. It's your boss having you stack a pile of bricks over there today, then restack the pile on the opposite side of the yard tomorrow, then back here the day after. We'd get pissed off if our boss asked us to do that, yet in some bizarre universe we're expected to do it for ENTERTAINMENT. WTF happened here?


there shouldnt be -- but apparently blizz decided there needs to be a reason, plus some people arguing in favor of the current system -- so I'm throwing them a bone in my solution, just so that they agree with me
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
Image
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
User avatar
Klaudandus
 
Posts: 11217
Joined: Thu Apr 02, 2009 7:08 am
Location: Texas' Armpit

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Passionario » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:18 am

Koatanga wrote:Can they not have zone drops that turn in for rep that people can collect and sell on the AH, so that people with more gold than reputation can use one to get the other, to the benefit of those with more reputation than gold.


There's always Hozen Peace Pipe.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
User avatar
Passionario
 
Posts: 3373
Joined: Tue Jul 17, 2007 2:52 am

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:27 am

I still think a good compromise would be to be able to gain rep in many ways, but that you get *more* if you do dailies and nothing else, than, say, dungeons/raid and no dailies.

Dailies remain the most efficient path, but alternate options exist. It fits also neatly in a "rush to Revered for lootz" because after Revered, you can swap to the less efficient method and slowly trot to Exalted, or stick to dailies and rush it.

Idea: Weekly quest that requires bringing X [RandomDropFromDungeonAndRaidBosses] to get:
Gold
A truckload of Lesser Charms (say 60)
A [ReputationGiftCertificate] that grants X rep with either/or GL/Klaxxi/AC/Shado-Pan. BoA/BoP/Not Bound (pick one)

The only trouble is to somehow limit daily rep gain so that people don't feel forced to do BOTH dailies and the dungeons/raid quest. Maybe something similar to the old guild faction weekly rep limit.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Teranoid » Thu Nov 15, 2012 2:57 am

Passionario wrote:
Koatanga wrote:Can they not have zone drops that turn in for rep that people can collect and sell on the AH, so that people with more gold than reputation can use one to get the other, to the benefit of those with more reputation than gold.


There's always Hozen Peace Pipe for a whopping 1k rep once a week for either camping a rare or paying a ridiculous amount of gold.


Fixed.

But I agree completely with Koa. Back in previous expansions you had a bunch of reps that had the option (or in some cases the only way) was to murder piles of mobs for hours. It worked then.. why all of the sudden is it "lol do dailies or don't get the rep we get your money either way"? People can grind the rep the way they want to and it still falls under this "we want people out in the world" crap.

The peace pipe is a type of answer yes.. but it's bullshit one week cooldown and the fact that on most servers it goes for 30k+ gold is a joke. Golden Lotus has keys for the relics that grant rep.. why can't every other rep have something other than mindless dailies for X weeks?
User avatar
Teranoid
 
Posts: 2156
Joined: Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby lythac » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:29 am

Klaudandus wrote:How bout an alternate way to earn the reputation with the factions but with a weekly or daily cap on how much rep you can earn thru this method that is equal or lesser to the total rep you can gain thru the dailies.

That way both raiders and non-raiders get their cake

And I see no downside to this.


Stick a weekly cap on rep gains (that can be reached by doing dailies everyday).
Introduce a plant grown on the farm (BoE) that can be handed to faction quarter masters in exchange for rep.
Don't want to farm or want to get Motes of Harmony? Buy them from AH.
Not bothered about getting rep and no use for Motes of Harmony? Sell them.

On a related note, why do you have to be 90 to start farming?
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2694
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby Sagara » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:32 am

You don't. You can start farming as soon as you hit Vot4W. It's the daily quests that are available at 90.
When that day comes, seek all the light and wonder of this world, and fight.

Worldie wrote:I used to like it [mean] back on Sylvanas.

Queldan - EU Stormrage (H) - Good night, sweet prince.
User avatar
Sagara
 
Posts: 3453
Joined: Mon Jan 12, 2009 1:04 am
Location: Belgium

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby bldavis » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:37 am

you dont
you can get an 85 there and start with your 4 plot farm with veggies
you just have to wait til 90 to get rep, which means no upgrades to plots and no special seeds til then
Image

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
User avatar
bldavis
 
Posts: 7410
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:04 pm
Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Re: Valor reward discussion

Postby lythac » Thu Nov 15, 2012 4:13 am

Oh. I guess I just wasn't interested in veggies and the travel time when leveling. Best park my Paladin there.
Ryshad / Lythac of <Heretic> Nagrand-EU
User avatar
lythac
Moderator
 
Posts: 2694
Joined: Wed Sep 24, 2008 8:10 am

PreviousNext

Return to General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there are 2 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest