:cue tear:

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:29 am

I too do find the Sparrow gang quite disconcerting but I saw many bad ninja films growing up in the 70's and 80's and that has put me off them for life.

I do see your point, but am just too jaded by American Ninja 994 to be prepared to fight for their cause.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby cdan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:31 am

There are no good ninja films because you can't see a ninja so how can you know what they do to be able to make up a film. Mr Barathorn marked absent for Logic 101.

Knightley's chin = Epic fail.
cdan

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:31 am

Barathorn wrote:
Ulushnar wrote:
Barathorn wrote:Just face it, Pirates are way cooler than Ninjas.

Nope. And no amount of sad Jack Sparrow wannabes that show up every halloween will ever convince me otherwise.

Then on this we will agree to disagree no?

Your wrong btw.

How can you say I'm wrong when you haven't examined my stance?

Vikings ftw. All the drinking, whoring and fighting, none of the dandyish frippery, and all the shields you can eat. Plus when they finally die, beautiful women take them to a massive pub until the end of time, at which point they get to fight in a gigantic battle.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:01 am

Ulushnar wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Ulushnar wrote:
Barathorn wrote:Just face it, Pirates are way cooler than Ninjas.

Nope. And no amount of sad Jack Sparrow wannabes that show up every halloween will ever convince me otherwise.

Then on this we will agree to disagree no?

Your wrong btw.

How can you say I'm wrong when you haven't examined my stance?

Vikings ftw. All the drinking, whoring and fighting, none of the dandyish frippery, and all the shields you can eat. Plus when they finally die, beautiful women take them to a massive pub until the end of time, at which point they get to fight in a gigantic battle.

I now see what 'floats your [long]boat'.

I appreciate this appreciation.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:04 am

cdan wrote:There are no good ninja films because you can't see a ninja so how can you know what they do to be able to make up a film. Mr Barathorn marked absent for Logic 101.

Knightley's chin = Epic fail.

My logic is fine, however if you cannot see the plethora of BAD ninja films available I would question your logic.

Knightley, while fairly attractive, does nor do for me personally what Diaz and Friel do.

NB: Or more importantly, my lovely wife.

Barathorn

Postby Alanshue » Thu Jun 05, 2008 5:07 am

To contribute to the pro ninja argument I submit, a ninja talking about pirates:

http://www.askaninja.com/node/1175
Alanshue

Postby Yimarra » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:14 am

Ulushnar wrote:A squawking, brightly-plumed skyrat manages to lift and fly away with a weapon that's more than twice it's length without the owner noticing? I think not.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Who goes there?
King Arthur: It is I, Arthur, son of Uther Pendragon, from the castle of Camelot. King of the Britons, defeater of the Saxons, Sovereign of all England!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Pull the other one!
King Arthur: I am, and this is my trusty servant Patsy. We have ridden the length and breadth of the land in search of knights who will join me in my court at Camelot. I must speak with your lord and master.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? Ridden on a horse?
King Arthur: Yes!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: You're using coconuts!
King Arthur: What?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: You've got two empty halves of coconut and you're bangin' 'em together.
King Arthur: So? We have ridden since the snows of winter covered this land, through the kingdom of Mercia, through...
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Where'd you get the coconuts?
King Arthur: We found them.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Found them? In Mercia? The coconut's tropical!
King Arthur: What do you mean?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Well, this is a temperate zone
King Arthur: The swallow may fly south with the sun or the house martin or the plover may seek warmer climes in winter, yet these are not strangers to our land?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?
King Arthur: Not at all. They could be carried.
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: What? A swallow carrying a coconut?
King Arthur: It could grip it by the husk!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: It's not a question of where he grips it! It's a simple question of weight ratios! A five ounce bird could not carry a one pound coconut.
King Arthur: Well, it doesn't matter. Will you go and tell your master that Arthur from the Court of Camelot is here?
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Listen. In order to maintain air-speed velocity, a swallow needs to beat its wings forty-three times every second, right?
King Arthur: Please!
1st soldier with a keen interest in birds: Am I right?
Yimarra

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:28 am

Precisely, and a Parrot is substantially larger than an unladen swallow.

Especially if the Parrot is called Tim.

Barathorn

Postby trycare » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:34 am

What is you favorite color?
Better to be known in a small guild, rather than unknown in a large guild.
trycare
Maintankadonor

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 7:46 am

Oh great, more Monty Python quotes. I'm pretty sure every UK student except me was given the script of that film with all the classic lines underlined so they could quote them until they ceased being funny.

It's been a while since I left, but I still can't enjoy Life of Brian or the Holy Grail. :(
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Yimarra » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:22 am

Ulushnar wrote:Oh great, more Monty Python quotes. I'm pretty sure every UK student except me was given the script of that film with all the classic lines underlined so they could quote them until they ceased being funny.

It's been a while since I left, but I still can't enjoy Life of Brian or the Holy Grail. :(
Sorry, I just thought it was unusually appropriate. :?
Yimarra

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:24 am

Ulushnar wrote:Oh great, more Monty Python quotes. I'm pretty sure every UK student except me was given the script of that film with all the classic lines underlined so they could quote them until they ceased being funny.

Luckily [or not as its poodoo] as you still have the meaning of life.

Everyone should be able to enjoy Monty Python irrespective of students quoting it.

How do you stand on Blackadder Ulushnar?

Barathorn

Postby guillex » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:25 am

Barathorn wrote:

Luckily [or not as its poodoo] as you still have the meaning of life.

Everyone should be able to enjoy Monty Python irrespective of students quoting it.

How do you stand on Blackadder Ulushnar?

I'm on a Red Dwarf binge atm.

Then I'll probably move on to Fawlty Towers. Then Black Adder ... Then back to MP.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 9:32 am

I really liked Meaning of Life. Possibly because I haven't had a million people ruin it for me. But the music and some of the sketches were excellent.

I do genuinely love Monty Python, but if I hear one more smug prick go on about farting in my general direction, well I'd better not be carrying a blunt object.

Barathorn wrote:How do you stand on Blackadder Ulushnar?

I loved it. The first series was ok, but two and three were the main ones for me. I am one of the few people who seemed to love "...Goes Forth" as well, even if it by that point it's fallen into the same trap as most sitcoms, repeating the same jokes in more and more ludicrous settings for less and less mirth. I had a lump in my throat for the last few minutes of it though.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:08 am

Ulushnar wrote:I do genuinely love Monty Python, but if I hear one more smug prick go on about farting in my general direction, well I'd better not be carrying a blunt object.

Indeed.

I always joked I would put a brick in a sock and smack Aly Morrision around the face with it if I met him for the crimes against good miniature making he performed in the early 80's.

Having met the bloke, he is a nice fella. I still wanted to sock him though.

Barathorn

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum