:cue tear:

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Catriona » Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:58 pm

Ordrastus wrote:Image

Unfortunately for the ninja, that also applies to the wenches.
Stonemaul
Catriona - holy priest / Chivalry - prot paladin / Spirallis - marks hunter / Daiya - destro lock
Catriona

Postby Kitsuna » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:46 pm

The only advantage I can give ninjas is that they are more effective liars. According to the discovery channel, ninjas were basically farmers who went about their business, stabbed a target when he got close, and then got cut down. Somewhere along the line they got attributed magical powers.

I can't remember the name of the show, but it demonstrated how ninjas would perform an assassination versus the US marines. The conclusion was that the marines were faster, more effective, and did not get killed in the process. (If I manage to find a youtube link I'll post it.)

The modern take on ninjas is a lot more fun than the truth. The truth is kamikaze farmers and unwashed neerdowells are proabably a good match up.

Edit: Ninjas are like rabbits. Just let em' breed!
An open mind is like a fortress with its gates unbarred and unguarded. -DoW
Kitsuna

Location: Burn the Heretic. Kill the Mutant. Purge the Unclean.

Postby Airanna » Wed Jun 04, 2008 2:59 pm

Kitsuna wrote:The only advantage I can give ninjas is that they are more effective liars. According to the discovery channel, ninjas were basically farmers who went about their business, stabbed a target when he got close, and then got cut down. Somewhere along the line they got attributed magical powers.

I can't remember the name of the show, but it demonstrated how ninjas would perform an assassination versus the US marines. The conclusion was that the marines were faster, more effective, and did not get killed in the process. (If I manage to find a youtube link I'll post it.)

The modern take on ninjas is a lot more fun than the truth. The truth is kamikaze farmers and unwashed neerdowells are proabably a good match up.

Edit: Ninjas are like rabbits. Just let em' breed!

To be truthful, the discovery channel program is correct that the earliest nihon-jin to be called 'ninja' were disgruntled farmers. In the early days of the shogunate this changed, as ronin (masterless samurai) banded together with skilled thieves and geisha to form hidden enclaves. These enclaves swore a bloodpact, becoming clans as tight as families, and combining their skills created new styles of stealth combat and assasination. These are the dark garbed, veiled ninja we think of now - a western mistranslation of the kanji for 'shinobi-no-mono' (invisible people) by pronouncing the characters as if they were chinese.
Airanna

Postby Spectrum » Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:04 pm

Ordrastus wrote:... See image above...

Total, absolute win.

But back on topic, I think we should worry. The only reason we don't see many ninjas around is because they don't want to be seen. You are in the most danger not when you see a ninja, but when you can't see a ninja.
Spectrum
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:30 am

Flipthebird wrote:
Barathorn wrote:Pirates are way cooler than ninjas.

This.

.is full of fail and has therefore lost the interlocking webs of the net.

1. Pirates must use a boat to get across bodies of water. Ninjas stealthy-like across on air molecules.

2. Pirates can only see out of one eye. Ninjas have a third-eye, that they stoled from the pirates, and placed in their mind.

3. 'Pirate' has 6 letters, and takes longer to type than 'Ninja', which only has 5 letters.

1. Not just any boat, a boat full of cannons.

2. Pirates only need one eye, their heads swivel like owls.

3. Ok, pirate does have more letters.

In addition I would add the following,

Arrrrrr

Shiver me timbers

The 1st Pirates film - Keria Knightly and Mr Depp.

Pieces of Eight

Parrots

I rest my case.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Brekkie wrote:The world will always need people to dig ditches.
Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby cdan » Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:55 am

Barathorn wrote:
Flipthebird wrote:

This.

1. Pirates must use a boat to get across bodies of water. Ninjas stealthy-like across on air molecules.

2. Pirates can only see out of one eye. Ninjas have a third-eye, that they stoled from the pirates, and placed in their mind.

3. 'Pirate' has 6 letters, and takes longer to type than 'Ninja', which only has 5 letters.

In that case the Ninja argument is boosted by:

The 2nd and 3rd Pirates film.
cdan

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:06 am

cdan wrote:
Barathorn wrote:
Flipthebird wrote:

This.

In that case the Ninja argument is boosted by:

The 2nd and 3rd Pirates film.

I concur, however let us consider the HUGE amounts of horrible ninja films out there, for that sin alone they should be left alone to die out peacefully.

I say again,

Cannons.

On a boat.

Win.
Sabindeus wrote:I feel like I should get a t-shirt made for me that says "Not Socially Awkward, Just Fat".

Barathorn

Location: Hitting Panda's over the head with a cricket bat shouting Get Orf My Lawn!

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:09 am

Barathorn wrote:I say again,

Cannons.

On a boat.

Win.

A cannon can't protect you from somone sneaking behind you with a sword.
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:53 am

Ulushnar wrote:
Barathorn wrote:I say again,

Cannons.

On a boat.

Win.

A cannon can't protect you from somone sneaking behind you with a sword.

True, but Parrots can.

Plus we already stole the sword.

So nerny.

Barathorn

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:28 am

Barathorn wrote:

Someone with bad breath and a wooden leg couldn't get close enough to a lone ninja (remember the inverse law applies, so the lone ninja is basically invincible) to steal his sword.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:39 am

Ulushnar wrote:
Barathorn wrote:

Someone with bad breath and a wooden leg couldn't get close enough to a lone ninja (remember the inverse law applies, so the lone ninja is basically invincible) to steal his sword.

The Parrots stole it.

Barathorn

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 3:42 am

A squawking, brightly-plumed skyrat manages to lift and fly away with a weapon that's more than twice it's length without the owner noticing? I think not.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:15 am

Ulushnar wrote:A squawking, brightly-plumed skyrat manages to lift and fly away with a weapon that's more than twice it's length without the owner noticing? I think not.

Parrots don't always squawk, and are renowned for their ability to carry items, not that ninja swords are that heavy.

The ninja was obviously sleeping or otherwise pre-occupied.

Just face it, Pirates are way cooler than Ninjas.

Barathorn.

Barathorn

Postby ulushnar » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:22 am

Barathorn wrote:Just face it, Pirates are way cooler than Ninjas.

Nope. And no amount of sad Jack Sparrow wannabes that show up every halloween will ever convince me otherwise.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Barathorn » Thu Jun 05, 2008 4:27 am

Ulushnar wrote:
Barathorn wrote:Just face it, Pirates are way cooler than Ninjas.

Nope. And no amount of sad Jack Sparrow wannabes that show up every halloween will ever convince me otherwise.

Then on this we will agree to disagree no?

Your wrong btw.

:P

Barathorn

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum