Favorite movies?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Solumin_AK » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:06 pm

Ah crap, and how did no one mention The Big Lebowski? "Don't f*ck with the Jesus!"
"I go barreling into mobs because I know my healer has my back. I am invincible because he is elite."
-Thorn/Hurin

Solumin_AK

Postby NarfJones » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:07 pm

The dude abides.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Echevarian » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:08 pm

Obviously you're not a golfer.
Echevarian

Postby Solumin_AK » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:08 pm

Shut up, Donny!
"I go barreling into mobs because I know my healer has my back. I am invincible because he is elite."
-Thorn/Hurin

Solumin_AK

Postby Echevarian » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:09 pm

Its hard to believe the guys that made the Big Lebowski also made No Country for Old Men... both, incredible movies, but in such totally different ways.
Echevarian

Postby NarfJones » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:12 pm

Go ahead and get the lynch mob gather but I hated "No Country for Old Men"

I catch shit for it all the time, but I just thought it sucked. The acting was good. The storytelling was good. It was just that the story itself wasn't interesting in any way.

The tale they were trying to spin was extremely generic.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Barristan » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:15 pm

NarfJones wrote:Go ahead and get the lynch mob gather but I hated "No Country for Old Men"

I catch shit for it all the time, but I just thought it sucked. The acting was good. The storytelling was good. It was just that the story itself wasn't interesting in any way.

I definitely enjoyed the movie however (without trying to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it) it was missing something. Like... it really felt as if they forgot to add it in, because what was there clearly wasn't enough.
Barristan

Postby Echevarian » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:15 pm

NarfJones wrote:Go ahead and get the lynch mob gather but I hated "No Country for Old Men"

lol... this isn't IMDB... you are entitled to your opinion. :) I'll admit, I was pretty dumbfounded after my first watching. I didn't really like it until after I read the book (which was better) and then watched it again.
Echevarian

Postby Khayne » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:24 pm

While i agree Snatch and Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels are good.

I still say Lèon ftw.
Khayne

Postby Faelure » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:35 pm

Echevarian wrote:Oh, and if you want to see the most painful scene in all of movie history, watch Swingers.

It's been a few years I guess, but what scene?
Faelure

Postby Solumin_AK » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:43 pm

Faelure wrote:
Echevarian wrote:Oh, and if you want to see the most painful scene in all of movie history, watch Swingers.

Not sure what scene he's talking about either, but probably the most painful scene I've watched in a movie recently was the scene near the end of Eastern Promises in the public sauna. I don't care who you are... that was just plain hard to watch.
-Thorn/Hurin

Solumin_AK

Postby Faelure » Mon Mar 24, 2008 4:45 pm

Solumin_AK wrote:
Faelure wrote:

Not sure what scene he's talking about either, but probably the most painful scene I've watched in a movie recently was the scene near the end of Eastern Promises in the public sauna. I don't care who you are... that was just plain hard to watch.

Yea that was physically hard to watch even disregarding the gratuitous manballs flying about.
Faelure

Postby Echevarian » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:59 pm

Solumin_AK wrote:
Faelure wrote:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=u0PUrNwvvBk

I can't watch it...
Echevarian

Postby Faelure » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:15 pm

ohhhhhh, rofllllll
Faelure

Postby kvark » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:30 pm

the proffesional/leon is indeed a masterpiece. Between snatch and leon, I'd watch snatch first tho.

But noone has mentionned shaolin soccer, same guys that made kung fu hustle =)
kvark

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum