Postby Invisusira » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:51 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjxnhXs7Mqs

....a new GOOD Sonic game?? WTF?!?
Invisusira

Postby Valkimr » Sun Mar 23, 2008 8:26 am

That game looks awesome.
Valkimr

Postby Ahms » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:26 am

wow that looks sweet...i love the graphics, real but keeping a nice stylized look
Paid by the Alliance
To slay all the giants

-Ahms of Mannoroth

Art - http://ahms.deviantart.com/
Ahms

Postby NarfJones » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:29 am

Thank you bioware for bringing something to this franchise that isn't super crap.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Lightbeard » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:22 pm

Remember when Sonic was about speed now its about Hedgehogs using guns and platforming
Lightbeard

Postby Dorvan » Sun Mar 23, 2008 1:41 pm

Cool video, but I'm afraid I think the Sonic concept just doesn't translate well in 3D gaming. I mean watching that video I was thinking "that camera angle is great for watching Sonic go by while you're not controlling him, but I'd hate to have to try and control him while in that cinematic-looking mode". Finding a good way to move the camera such the you can take advantage of a 3D world while being able to sensibly control your character at a fast speed is a tough problem, and based on that preview that game hasn't really solved it.

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Allaren » Sun Mar 23, 2008 3:45 pm

Keep in mind that it's a preview, so they probably set the camera to show you how awesome sonic looks running, running, running like a constipated wiener dog (weird al reference, not a shot at sonic, please don't hurt me!). Of course, it could have benefited from some tuna, but what couldn't?
Walking the fine line between genius and insanity. Now with sprinkles!
Allaren

Postby corc » Sun Mar 23, 2008 6:36 pm

is there a post where you actually explain your avatar? I'd search but I'm afraid of the server crashing on the huge amount of posts returned from the key words of your name :P
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby fafhrd » Sun Mar 23, 2008 7:11 pm

Dorvan wrote:Cool video, but I'm afraid I think the Sonic concept just doesn't translate well in 3D gaming. I mean watching that video I was thinking "that camera angle is great for watching Sonic go by while you're not controlling him, but I'd hate to have to try and control him while in that cinematic-looking mode". Finding a good way to move the camera such the you can take advantage of a 3D world while being able to sensibly control your character at a fast speed is a tough problem, and based on that preview that game hasn't really solved it.

a first person or close behind 3rd person view would work well, pod racer style. would be a sharp departure from the old side-scroller view though.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Ilara » Sun Mar 23, 2008 9:01 pm

The NG Sonic the Hedgehog looked cool too.

We all know how that one went...

I'll not be buying another Sonic game until it gets thumbs up review across the board.
Guillex wrote:chop chop slap chop slap slap /b/ fap fap.... gogo
Ilara

Postby Lightbeard » Mon Mar 24, 2008 8:36 am

corc wrote:is there a post where you actually explain your avatar? I'd search but I'm afraid of the server crashing on the huge amount of posts returned from the key words of your name :P

Her avatar comes from a comic that said Sonic was in brawl and 2 guys started making out
Lightbeard

Postby corc » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:16 am

Lightbeard wrote:
corc wrote:is there a post where you actually explain your avatar? I'd search but I'm afraid of the server crashing on the huge amount of posts returned from the key words of your name :P

His avatar comes from a comic that said Sonic was in brawl and 2 guys started making out

naw, they didn't make out it was some sinister pink light bulb or something ;P
Dwarf Pali on Ner'Zhul
"Mostly Harmless"
corc

Postby Stupendous » Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:47 am

I didnt want to ask, so I googled sonic's in brawl rofl
Stupendous

Postby degre » Mon Mar 24, 2008 6:24 pm

I still think that Sonic and Good should not be in the same sentence.

Heard anyway that the new Sonic's RPG should be quite interesting, hope to have my hands on it soon.
degre

Postby Exodius » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:10 am

Sonic Adventures One and Two, for the Dreamcast and then Gamecube, were in my opinion good games that did an excellent job of doing Sonic in 3D.

The original one was so good I finished it twice. Just the music alone in that was plain awesome, and I'd just sit and listen to the soundtrack. :P

But yeah, some of the recent attempts have been lacking a little. I haven't played any of his more modern attempts apart from Mario and Sonic at the Olymic Games. That one goes well in parties. :P
Exodius

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum