Remove Advertisements

This is where we are.

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Vanifae » Tue Mar 25, 2008 6:41 am

I likes it.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Cearn » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:12 am

Exodius wrote:[...] As a theologian, I am use to thinking of the bigness and complexities of God, the creator of [...] the universe we are in.

Where is this actually stated in the holy book? I must admit, it's been a decade since I read all of it, but I just can't remember.
Cearn

Postby Kitria » Tue Mar 25, 2008 9:03 am

If there's two things that should be left alone in-game and on forums it's politics and religion >< (unless said forum is intended for such topics)

Very neat video though, I approve!
Kitria

Postby Invisusira » Tue Mar 25, 2008 12:37 pm

Exodius wrote:Well, let me explain why I found it boring. As a theologian, I am use to thinking of the bigness and complexities of God, the creator of this planet and the universe we are in. Comparing God to the size of our planet or other astronomical bodies... and yeah, we don't seem to be standing on much.

So, you're so uppity about your religion that you can't even enjoy a video that puts the humanity and the world - however you believe that it was created - in a deeper perspective because you're too busy deciding if it conflicts with those beliefs?
Invisusira

Postby Solumin_AK » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:52 pm

Invisusira wrote:
Exodius wrote:Well, let me explain why I found it boring. As a theologian, I am use to thinking of the bigness and complexities of God, the creator of this planet and the universe we are in. Comparing God to the size of our planet or other astronomical bodies... and yeah, we don't seem to be standing on much.

So, you're so uppity about your religion that you can't even enjoy a video that puts the humanity and the world - however you believe that it was created - in a deeper perspective because you're too busy deciding if it conflicts with those beliefs?

No, I think he means that he didn't find the movie interesting because it's basically old hat for him; he's heard the same thing so many times before from another source, so why should he be impressed by yet another rendition of it? It's like taking a physics class and being taught how a certain equation works after you already learned about that equation in a calculus course.

On a side not, I thought it was a nice video.
"I go barreling into mobs because I know my healer has my back. I am invincible because he is elite."
-Thorn/Hurin

Solumin_AK

Postby Invisusira » Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:54 pm

Solumin_AK wrote:No, I think he means that he didn't find the movie interesting because it's basically old hat for him; he's heard the same thing so many times before from another source, so why should he be impressed by yet another rendition of it? It's like taking a physics class and being taught how a certain equation works after you already learned about that equation in a calculus course.

Mmmm... except an equation in calculus is a fact for a fact. This is him comparing his belief to a fact, and being a bit pompous about it.
Invisusira

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum