Soul Calibur 4... can it be saved??

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:38 am

Annabelle wrote:I don't remember Sophitia being so healthy :roll:

I do.
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:46 am

fafhrd wrote:talim > all

i never played sc3 so can't compare. liked sc2 a lot more than sc1 though :(

it never became a counterfest for me unless we were playing link vs link, since that's the only character i was decent at guarding/guard impacting with. everyone else i was just sidestepping/ducking/jumping attacks since I couldn't ever guard properly.

... You realize guarding/parrying is not specific to the character you are playing, but the character you are playing against, right?
Turn In, an NPC interaction automator - http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addo ... rn-in.aspx
Sabindeus

Postby Ubung » Tue Mar 18, 2008 8:53 am

Your all wrong, best character in any of the games is Kilik. Awsome ninja pole guy with the best combos ever. Looked so cool when you fought with him.

The main issue is who is the worst character in the SC series. For me its all about Astaroth. Button mashing ftw.

BTW Im sorry a far as I know there will be no version of SC4 for the wii. If this is wrong then Im sure some wii fanboy will correct me :D

Anyone know how to resize the images you link too without having to resize the original image?
nerf scissors, buff paper, rock is fine!

Ubung

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:11 am

psssssssht Siegfried is the best. all others are suck in comparison!!
Sabindeus

Postby Levantine » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:18 am

Sabindeus wrote:psssssssht Siegfried is the best. all others are suck in comparison!!

WRONG
Levantine

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 9:50 am

Levantine wrote:
Sabindeus wrote:psssssssht Siegfried is the best. all others are suck in comparison!!

WRONG

no u
Sabindeus

Postby Dakiros » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:01 am

The fact that so many people think so many different characters are the best tells you the quality of the games imo, certain characters just click for some people. Personally I think Mitsurugi is the best character since I am the best with him. I know other people who's favorite is Astaroth who is a lot more than just button mashing.

As for Yoda and Vader I'm excited to see them in the game. Yes they will have to be toned down somewhat possibly to the extent of taking away their force powers but Spawn was toned down quite a bit too.
Dakiros

Postby Kanazuchi » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:09 am

Raphael fools!
Kanazuchi

Postby guillex » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:23 am

What's a Calibur of Souls?
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Echevarian » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:42 am

You guys are missing the point... Yoda/DV are gonna be so OP its not even funny... lightsabers cut straight through metal.
Echevarian

Postby NarfJones » Tue Mar 18, 2008 11:57 am

Dakiros wrote:The fact that so many people think so many different characters are the best tells you the quality of the games imo, certain characters just click for some people. Personally I think Mitsurugi is the best character since I am the best with him. I know other people who's favorite is Astaroth who is a lot more than just button mashing.

As for Yoda and Vader I'm excited to see them in the game. Yes they will have to be toned down somewhat possibly to the extent of taking away their force powers but Spawn was toned down quite a bit too.

All fighting games have the same character profiles really. Mitsurugi falls into the "Difficult to play but if you stick with it and get really good he will become really powerful" category. And then there is Talim who is the "Pretty easy to use with too much practice, but you can only be so good with her" type of character. I, personally, am an avid Voldo user. So far, I haven't met someone I can't beat consistently after 2-3 battles. Some characters are about the button mashing as fast as you can, and others are about being specific with your attack timing, while others, like Voldo and Misturugi, need someone who is good at timing combos to really kick ass.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Dakiros » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:40 pm

NarfJones wrote:
Dakiros wrote:The fact that so many people think so many different characters are the best tells you the quality of the games imo, certain characters just click for some people. Personally I think Mitsurugi is the best character since I am the best with him. I know other people who's favorite is Astaroth who is a lot more than just button mashing.

All fighting games have the same character profiles really. Mitsurugi falls into the "Difficult to play but if you stick with it and get really good he will become really powerful" category. And then there is Talim who is the "Pretty easy to use with too much practice, but you can only be so good with her" type of character. I, personally, am an avid Voldo user. So far, I haven't met someone I can't beat consistently after 2-3 battles. Some characters are about the button mashing as fast as you can, and others are about being specific with your attack timing, while others, like Voldo and Misturugi, need someone who is good at timing combos to really kick ass.

And I can't play Voldo at all! You're right about the profiles although I have always thought SC to be more refined than most other fighting games.

As for the lightsaber/metal point, if you REALLY want to get into it there are metals in the SW universe that are impervious/resistant to lightsabers, cortosis and bes'kar are 2 off the top of my head. Now of course we are talking different universes here so certain things won't be possible... but then again neither is Taki's chest without the use of springs.
Dakiros

Postby Sabindeus » Tue Mar 18, 2008 12:57 pm

Echevarian wrote:You guys are missing the point... Yoda/DV are gonna be so OP its not even funny... lightsabers cut straight through metal.

not super magical metal, which is what everyone in Soul Calibur has!
Sabindeus

Postby Invisusira » Tue Mar 18, 2008 1:22 pm

CERVANTES RULES YOU ALL

Here is a picture of Warbal Costume-Playing or "cosplaying" as some call it
Invisusira

Postby Dorvan » Tue Mar 18, 2008 2:24 pm

Guillex wrote:What's a Caliper of Souls?

fixed

Someone help us out here...you can start with this image:

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum