Other Prot Paladins?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Other Prot Paladins?

Postby unlimit » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:32 pm

Does anyone else feel a certain dislike for paladins when they go prot?

An example being: On Lightning's Blade, there are like five of us who all have known each other for a while and were the originals on that server (Horde side) for being protection, but people who are new at prot and get good gear, but don't necessarily know how to play as prot at all keep popping up and giving us bad names and rep.

Maybe it's just because they be takin' my loot or tank jealousy, but does anyone at all ever feel this?
unlimit
Maintankadonor

Postby Bobu » Thu Feb 28, 2008 2:38 pm

lol that happens with every class...well not eberyclass but that happens to all classes.

Look at elemental shams at one point youd have to be friends with the GM to actually raid but nowadays (well on my realm) you can find them everywhere, some good some just horrible. Reeally nothing you can do bout it, maybe point them in the right direction and hope ofr the best.
I never really feel quite right
I don't know why, all I know is there's something wrong
Every time I look at you, you seem so alive

Tell me how do you do it, walk me through it
I'm following every
~Mr Big
Bobu

Postby Invisusira » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:01 pm

Like every single blood elf paladin on Smolderthorn is prot.
Invisusira

Postby Songblade » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:05 pm

Yeah right, there are like none, at all... In fact, I can probably name them all on my hands.

And I like that.

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby Palafix » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:56 pm

If you develop a reputation as a good tank in general on your server, it shouldn't matter.
Palafix

Postby Songblade » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:00 pm

That's true, hence why I get loads of tells daily asking if im doing any heroics lol.

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby Hankthetank » Thu Feb 28, 2008 4:18 pm

People hate my prot pally, but not because I'm bad. It's because, well, I'm an alt. I hit level 70 in December. It's now February, I'm 3/5 T5, and attuned to Mount Hyjal. (should be attuned to BT after today) I've also solo'd 2 old world raid bosses.

I tell myself they're just jealous.
Hankthetank

Postby Baldihar » Thu Feb 28, 2008 7:31 pm

I was the first and only one in my guild for a while... they used to avoid letting me tank in favor of a Warrior and all that jazz, Warrior died on HKM one day right after Olm fell, and I picked him up and held him in place til the raid gathered their composer and killed the rest of the pull. That is when they started to realize that prot pallies aren't so bad. Then our Kara group rolled through there killing everything in record time.

Fast Forward a few months, and now the guild has 3 other Prot pallies (albeit not as geared as I am, but getting there) and they love having us on raids now. I usually get to MT when I ask for it, or when the Warrior dies too soon cuz he is squishy :lol: But all of the time, we work together as a real Tanking Team and it is glorious.

Though I am jealous when I see more and more Prot pallies popping up everywhere. 4 Months ago, I checked Gankbang.com and there were less than 30 Prot Pallies (me being in the top 3 in almost every category) on the Ally side on my server... now there is one around every freakin corner.
Baldihar

Postby Wachter » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:23 pm

Im like, the best geared tank in my guild, and the only other ones are a bear and another prot pally.

Im so used to being undergeared, and now im badass

I feel speshul
Ulushnar wrote:If the enemy gets too close, then I whip out the Combat shotgun from 'neath my Kilt.
Wachter

Postby kvark » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:35 am

best geared palatank on the server - just ohw EASY that makes stuff like karazan and herocis makes me very popular. the two other palatanks are also incredible popular
kvark

Postby fafhrd » Fri Feb 29, 2008 12:45 am

Invisusira wrote:Like every single blood elf paladin on Smolderthorn is prot.

Pretty much everyone in Lore's guild has a belf paladin :S

Some have 3.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Passionario » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:42 am

I've managed to convince every Prot warrior I've met to roll a tankadin alt.

Some of those alts have already become mains.
If you are not the flame, you're the fuel.
Passionario

Postby Oramac » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:45 am

im the 2nd best geared tankadin on detheroc (both sides afaik) and really dont care if more pop up. hell, i've directed at least 3 to this site.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby etherbadger » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:07 pm

I don't mind others. Most of the ones I see either try it prot spec with mostly holy gear or get pushed back to all the way holy, by their guilds I assume.

My guild wanted to run 2 in ZA for a while but I convinced them that one of us would be gimp for most of of the fights. There are only 4 (myself included) that I can think of in kara+ gear on my server and faction.

I really wish we had more since its a lot of fun to just go aoe happy on my mage alt - as it stands, i almost always end up tanking in guild or pick-up groups.
etherbadger

Postby Gomaria » Fri Feb 29, 2008 1:11 pm

yeah my guild tried to sudtly make me holy by makeing sure i neverhad to tank an instance but i still tanked behind there backs and he tried to say tht us pallies can't tank any boss in kara so i loled and left
Gomaria

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum