Remove Advertisements

Fun

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Fun

Postby Songblade » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:57 am

As a tankadin, you tend to be able to survive many things that would kill just about every other character in the game.

This is mostly what I love about playing the class, we are the veritable "slippery soap" characters, with more tricks up our sleeves for savin our asses than any other class, as well as the talents to increase that, and the stam that makes us able to take quite a beating too.

So I have to ask:

What is your favorite thing to do to piss people off by not dying, or what is your favorite survival moment?

Here's one of mine:

Today I was at the Ruins of Karabor in SMV and there was a gnome mage farming there, AoE grinding shit, so I just walked by and stunned him and let the mobs wail on him.

He came back at me while I was going to farm and started frostbolting me while I was killing a group of supplicants, so I popped my Figurine of the Colossus and just rode it out. Then after that, I bubblehearthed and went to get my frost resist gear (the mage was frost after all).

When I came back the mage was still there, and he started pelting me with frost spells again, except this time none of them were landing, eventually he got pissed and ported.

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby guillex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:02 am

When I see a druid or some rogues trying to farm the terrace, I just grab what's left and farm it down. Then I get the top terrace... Go do the orcs... Come back... do it again. They usually leave by then.

PuGs who CC when I haven't called for it ... their sapped/sheeped targets become the focus of my consecrate. If they complain, I pull more.

Sometimes, when we pull the dragonhawks in TK, people pull off me when I have a few dragons. I just taunt them back, and they end up sticking in my consecrate... The other tank usually just goes off and does something else after that. Nothing personal ... Just don't take my mobs, lol.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Songblade » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 am

I know how you feel, I hate it when people do that shit to me. ("Oh, well I saw pink in the ToT, so I figured it was a healer ><")

Songblade

Postby guillex » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 am

Songblade wrote:I know how you feel, I hate it when people do that shit to me. ("Oh, well I saw pink in the ToT, so I figured it was a healer ><")

Oh, you actually GET a reason?

Lucky.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Songblade » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:07 am

Not much of a reason when you're ASSIGNED to tanking it -.-...

It generally happens with our MT, who basically has a warrior/druid superiority complex, and refuses to believe that pallies are actually really good tanks.

You should have heard his reaction when I proved to him that a good prot pally is actually less crushable than a warrior tank.

Songblade

Postby Annabelle » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:37 am

I like to scoop up the rest of the supplicants if someone is trying to farm 2 at a time. Some draenei shammy brought the elite over to me and of course he agrod. I killed the supplicants, bubbled and ran down the ramp. Got on my ray and then went back to loot.

It's funny how people think that if you can solo 30 non elites that somehow one elite is going to be a problem :lol:
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
Annabelle

Postby Songblade » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:41 am

Someone did that to me once, I just killed him.

Songblade

Postby thorn » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:23 pm

your typical badge-gear paladin will have upwards of 15k health (with ardent defender to boot), and that pretty much means about five minutes of abuse when fighting multiple rogues and fury warriors, and man oh man, they don't wanna stop. it's like a challenge to their melee superiority. it's like a mission.

and when they get you into argent defender stage, that lasts about another ten minutes (HS, FotC, pot, nightmare seed, JoL/SoL, etc). yet they persist, plugging away and getting close to the kill. i can imagine their excitement.

and then you lay on hands...

...i just smiled, just now. like, a cloud of dark pleasure just passed over my heart, imagining the sinking feeling all those little mosquito rogues and warriors are probably experiencing. i'm still smiling.

:)

after that, and only after, do you put on your PLG, stop autoattacking, and count the number of seconds it takes before they give up and run the hell away, bandaging.

and then you cap the flag ftw.
thorn
Maintankadonor

Postby Zhalseran » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:38 pm

BV gear + dagger Rogues.

that is all.
Zhalseran

Return to Arkham Asylum