Remove Advertisements

How high do you think blizzard dev's get?

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

How high do you think blizzard dev's get?

Postby Wachter » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:24 pm

They put ms on flametongue wep

lemme repeat for effect

THEY
PUT
MS
ON
FLAMETONGUE

if this goes live, i think im going to strangle a toddler

PS. This is just to vent my anger :(
Ulushnar wrote:If the enemy gets too close, then I whip out the Combat shotgun from 'neath my Kilt.
Wachter

Postby Aalryn » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:26 pm

it's bugged right now too lmao. it's DOUBLEING the healing on the target not halving it.

i dont think it's intended though.
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Wachter » Wed Feb 27, 2008 9:28 pm

The 50%+ heal, yes

but they freaking put it in the tooltip

IN THE MUFFUGIN TOOL TIP

/rabble
Ulushnar wrote:If the enemy gets too close, then I whip out the Combat shotgun from 'neath my Kilt.
Wachter

Re: How high do you think blizzard dev's get?

Postby Sparti » Wed Feb 27, 2008 10:31 pm

Wachter wrote:They put ms on flametongue wep

lemme repeat for effect

THEY
PUT
MS
ON
FLAMETONGUE

What's the problem?

Seriously, not seeing the problem here at all. Shamans have been getting nerfs, consistently, with every patch since what, 1.6? They've basically gotten nerfed twice for all of these new buffs already just this patch. It's about time shamans got some kind of use in an Arena other than 'come on, he's my friend, he has to be in our team...'

Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sparti

Location: Probably contributing to Sprint's wonderful track record of horrible customer service.

Postby Oramac » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:18 pm

Sparti wrote:

lemme repeat for effect

THEY
PUT
MS
ON
FLAMETONGUE

What's the problem?

Seriously, not seeing the problem here at all. Shamans have been getting nerfs, consistently, with every patch since what, 1.6? They've basically gotten nerfed twice for all of these new buffs already just this patch. It's about time shamans got some kind of use in an Arena other than 'come on, he's my friend, he has to be in our team...'

shamans are the LAST class that needs an MS effect. they need help yes, but not mortal strike.

not that i favor giving out MS, but if any class needs it, its ret pallys.
Aplus wrote:Yeah every time I get a big head, I go and try to solo a warlock.brings me back down to earth pretty fast
Oramac

Postby Aalryn » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:23 pm

if they are giving every class MS why dont they just cut all healing done in half by all classes. wouldn't that be easier?
~insert flashy signature here~

"Error: Armory link not found" ... Tankadin no more
Aalryn

Postby Sparti » Wed Feb 27, 2008 11:43 pm

Oramac wrote:
Sparti wrote:

lemme repeat for effect

THEY
PUT
MS
ON
FLAMETONGUE

What's the problem?

shamans are the LAST class that needs an MS effect. they need help yes, but not mortal strike.

not that i favor giving out MS, but if any class needs it, its ret pallys.

They're giving flametounge MS to shamans precisely because they already have healer lockdown. The point, I suspect, is to give shamans an actual purpose in arena, which is to be the quintessential anti-healer. Right now that role goes mainly to rogues, who already have plenty going for them in PVP.

I'm not saying paladins don't need improvement in PVP, but as a former shaman player, with two shamans, one of whom I did a pretty substantial amount of arena with, I can say quite safely that no matter what the spec is, shaman in arena is picking a sub-optimal class to do any job you put them in. 2h Enhancement shamans don't bring reliable enough burst to the table, Dw enhancement shamans don't bring enough burst to the table period, Elemental shamans are like mages and warlocks but without any tricks to keep themselves alive, and restoration shamans are basically druids without any mobility and much worse arena heals.

The point of these balance changes is to fix PVP for certain classes. Yes, they're edging towards e-sport. But the changes are there for a good reason. Blizzard dosen't want any class to be able to rationally argue that all specs for their class are 'useless' in Arena PVP, and love it or hate it, PVP is designed specifically for Arena now.

Besides, of all the people we should be fighting with, shaman are the last on the list. They're plagued by the same problems and misunderstanding fo their class that we are. If anything, we should be ecstatic that they're getting buffs, specifically buffs like the Shamanistic Rage improvement that shamans have been requesting for months. (A change to be honest that I thought would make the ability too good - I'm shocked that blizzard went through with it.) Because, quite simply, if Blizzard is looking at shamans in a rational way and giving them the buffs they've been requesting, then there's a good possibility blizzard might be looking at us the same way, and we just haven't seen the changes yet.

Here's hoping this is a good sign. Spell interrupt or Fear immunity by 2.4 launch? As unlikely as it is, stranger things have, and are happening.

Sparti

Location: Probably contributing to Sprint's wonderful track record of horrible customer service.

Postby ulushnar » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:27 am

It's thier new trick:

Hunters underperforming in Arenas? Give em Mortal Strike on Aimed Shot.

Shamans underperforming? Give em MS on Flametongue.

Who'd be a fecking healer, eh?
Be careful when you argue with trolls, lest you become one.
ulushnar
Maintankadonor

Postby Dynaheir » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:35 am

Wachter wrote:Re: How high do you think blizzard dev's get?
Ozzy Osbourne high.
Dynaheir

Postby Sparti » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:51 am

If you really want to read into it, these aren't buffs for those classes so much as nerfs to druids.

As long as it dosen't appear under 'Class: Druid' in the patch notes it keeps them from staging sit-ins over how 'underpowered' and 'gimped' they are.

Sparti

Postby Kivas » Thu Feb 28, 2008 3:28 am

My Previous main is/was a enhance shaman, after countless nerfs and pretty much being anyones bitch i specc'ed elemental and pvp'ed for raid gear...

kicking myself for vendoring some of my 68+ enhance (read: hunter) gear =/
There is Only one true Form of PVP in Wow, It's the auction House.
Kivas

Postby Sparti » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:36 am

Kivas wrote:My Previous main is/was a enhance shaman, after countless nerfs and pretty much being anyones bitch i specc'ed elemental and pvp'ed for raid gear...

kicking myself for vendoring some of my 68+ enhance (read: hunter) gear =/

Enhancement gear's thankfully easy to get back.

Get the Fel Leather gloves and boots (crafted), desolation pants (normal sethekk), desolation helm (normal black moraass), lower city rep chestpiece, perenholde shoulders from normal CoT. Supplement the other slots with stuff you pikc up along the way. Enhancement's easy enough to gear. Focus on strength, attack power, and hit. Wear leather over mail if you have to - bear gear and rogue gear will always be better for you than hunter gear because you DO NOT need intellect or mana per 5. Especially with shamanistic rage's mana returns being doubled in the next patch.

Sparti

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:46 am

Sparti wrote:

lemme repeat for effect

THEY
PUT
MS
ON
FLAMETONGUE

What's the problem?

Well the last thing I think this game needs is yet another mortal strike, especially on a class that can purge spam. Also, this isn't a talent, it's trained so ANY spec of shaman can apply it very easily.

Now all that being said, the feedback I see on the forums and I'm hearing from some shaman I talked to is that even though this is a buff, it doesn't address any of their current problems, and overall they don't seem to be all that excited about it.

In my opinion, this is purely a way to get small arena participation up for shaman, as opposed to actually working on balance issues of the class.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Fridmarr » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:49 am

Sparti wrote:If you really want to read into it, these aren't buffs for those classes so much as nerfs to druids.

As long as it dosen't appear under 'Class: Druid' in the patch notes it keeps them from staging sit-ins over how 'underpowered' and 'gimped' they are.

Yeah, that's kind of how I see it too. Resto Druids are VERY strong in the smaller arenas, shaman are now a very good counter them, purging hots and keeping MS up. That's why I think this was purely about getting more shaman in the smaller arenas than it was about overall balance.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Postby Lore » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:52 am

At least this arena 'fix' doesn't bleed over into PVE...
Lore
Global Mod

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum