The final boss of guitar hero II is Freebird

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

The final boss of guitar hero II is Freebird

Postby Sparti » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:30 pm

It's true

Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sparti

Location: Probably contributing to Sprint's wonderful track record of horrible customer service.

Postby Bobu » Wed Feb 27, 2008 6:36 pm

1% of Dragon Force on Guitar Hero 3

Epic win what.

/discuss
I never really feel quite right
I don't know why, all I know is there's something wrong
Every time I look at you, you seem so alive

Tell me how do you do it, walk me through it
I'm following every
~Mr Big
Bobu

Postby Xalran » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:11 pm

Bobu wrote:1% of Dragon Force on Guitar Hero 3

Epic win what.

/discuss

69% for me. Herman's solos just kill me.

The intro is really easy if you learn to double tap.
Xalran

Postby Sparti » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:23 pm

I managed to pick up my copy of Guitar Hero II as a refurb in a flea market for 17 dollars, still in factory plastic. Apparently it was returned by Some Guy because the buttons were sticking, but it's all working great for me. Best 17 dollars i've ever spent.

They had a copy of guitar hero III there as well. I think I might go back next week and pick that up, though offer 15 for it this time.

Drink Time, Wimps! -- A blog.
Sparti

Location: Probably contributing to Sprint's wonderful track record of horrible customer service.

Postby NarfJones » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:27 pm

Xalran wrote:
The intro is really easy if you learn to double tap.

I tell people the same thing after playing anything by han halen at a show.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Airanna » Wed Feb 27, 2008 8:53 pm

Since you guys sound like you know a little about GH, I have a question. Been playing off and on since 2 came out, got 3 with my ps3 and love it.

Medium got boring, being able to five star everything easily. So I moved up to playing on Hard. Everything was fine, four or five stars on almost every song (Oh, Barracuda, why do your triple notes escape me???). Then I got to set six, and struggle to pass every song. Come set seven....my best so far is 25% into one song.

Any advice on how to improve my playing on Hard? Just keep practicing?
Airanna

Postby Benihime » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:16 am

I've beaten GH2 on expert. I've beat rockband guitar on expert (gd green grass and high tides...) and I have 2 songs left on GH3 on expert. My favorite accomplishment is beating Fire and Flames on hard.

I hate rain-blood.

I don't know any magical tricks to do better, but everytime I hit a wall in GH3 I would go play expert songs on GH2, or try and get more stars on the Hard stuff. Basically gotta keep beating your head against it until you generate enough joint deformities to get through whatever nasty solo they throw at you. And learn your gd hammer ons and pull offs. Life gets much easier when you do.
Benihime

Postby Erendis » Thu Feb 28, 2008 10:55 am

Benihime wrote:I've beat rockband guitar on expert (gd green grass and high tides...).

On guitar or drums? I drum for my friends and hard is this almost impassable wall to me.
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby Songblade » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:04 am

Benihime wrote:I've beat rockband guitar on expert

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby Erendis » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:06 am

I am officially dumb. :(
Erendis
Maintankadonor

Postby Songblade » Thu Feb 28, 2008 11:27 am

Awww /pat, it's ok, I forgive you ^_^

[Insert witty comment here]
Songblade

Postby Benihime » Thu Feb 28, 2008 12:54 pm

Yeah, I originally wrote just rock band, then immediately realized I should be more specific and scrolled back and inserted guitar.

I've tried drums on rockband and I immediately turn into a flagellating downs kid. I got no timing or control on that shit. And forget about hitting the bass pedal; DO NOT WANT.

When the the band (my friends) get together to do the world tour, we force the same guy to do drums and he can barely get through hard songs. The best thing is when we have 5 people and we recruit the 5th person to just hit the bass pedal... things tend to go a bit better.
Benihime

Postby Hankthetank » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:09 pm

Benihime wrote:I've tried drums on rockband and I immediately turn into a flagellating downs kid. I got no timing or control on that shit.

That pretty much sums up me on the GH3 harder songs. I'm on the last set of songs on Hard mode, and as soon as just a few things start going wrong, I go in to spaz mode and just start trying to hit every possible button I can get, which rather than getting me through, just makes me get boo'd off stage even faster.
Hankthetank

Postby Airanna » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:11 pm

That seems to be my problem too, Hank. That and my ring finger seems to like to lock down on a fret and not move, making rapid hammer-ons/pull-offs hell sometimes. Like the opening of that slipknot song, can't even get to the part I know I can play through.
Airanna

Postby Hankthetank » Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:17 pm

Airanna wrote:That seems to be my problem too, Hank. That and my ring finger seems to like to lock down on a fret and not move, making rapid hammer-ons/pull-offs hell sometimes. Like the opening of that slipknot song, can't even get to the part I know I can play through.

Interesting that you should mention the ring finger. My ring finger and pinkie seem to be at war with each other, intentionally trying to screw each other up. Any time when there is going to be quick switching between notes I either need to switch to different fingers, or I'm just not going to get it.

I threatened to send them to different rooms if they didn't get along, but they called my bluff.
Hankthetank

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum