Remove Advertisements

Longest No-Hits moment??

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Longest No-Hits moment??

Postby Dynaheir » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:40 am

We were doing ZA few days ago, and were stuck on Lynx boss, our OT kept failing at pickin up the kitty spirit, who raped our priest. After a 3rd time of this happening we just call it a wipe, and decide to let ourselves die for a new try with all cooldowns up.

I proceed to stop wasting my keystrokes on holy shield, unequip my shield and sword for the minimum repair bill, and face the inevitable...

27 not-landing hits O.o

What's your weirdest WTFNOHIT! moment? :lol:

ps. If only this could happen at Gruul's at growths 10+ ... /sigh
Dynaheir

Postby Snake-Aes » Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:44 am

Dodged/Parried/Avoided all attacks from prince on a good 5% of his health in Phase 2.

Healers were wanding the boss when I said "Hey, I got a hit".
Then dodged 5 another attacks in a row, and healers woke up when I took a couple hits. Things went normally from there

Parried/Dodged 3 attacks from Gruul at growth 12 when he was at 5% and only 2 of the healers alive. They were all "thank god"
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Guldylohx » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:20 am

whenever I want to stroke my avoidance e-peen, I just run straight to Mograine in Cath :D
Guldylohx

Postby Zhalseran » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qmU2klgIvVE

not me, but I figured it was relevant
Zhalseran

Re: Longest No-Hits moment??

Postby Fridmarr » Tue Feb 26, 2008 2:58 pm

Dynaheir wrote:We were doing ZA few days ago, and were stuck on Lynx boss, our OT kept failing at pickin up the kitty spirit, who raped our priest. After a 3rd time of this happening we just call it a wipe, and decide to let ourselves die for a new try with all cooldowns up.

I proceed to stop wasting my keystrokes on holy shield, unequip my shield and sword for the minimum repair bill, and face the inevitable...

27 not-landing hits O.o

I was under the impression you could not parry without a weapon equipped.
Fridmarr
Global Mod

Re: Longest No-Hits moment??

Postby Maliance » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:00 pm

Dynaheir wrote:We were doing ZA few days ago, and were stuck on Lynx boss, our OT kept failing at pickin up the kitty spirit, who raped our priest. After a 3rd time of this happening we just call it a wipe, and decide to let ourselves die for a new try with all cooldowns up.

27 not-landing hits O.o

On a more important note, did you get that name from the witch in Baldur's Gate? Cause that would be awesome
Maliance

Postby Robbo » Tue Feb 26, 2008 3:26 pm

Dude, my guild was attempting Gruul, we get him down to 15%, but somehow all the tanks are down, and one of our rogues picked him up and tanked him for a good 5% before getting splatted.

We were laughing so hard.

:D
Robbo
Maintankadonor

Postby Dorvan » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:35 pm

Robbo wrote:Dude, my guild was attempting Gruul, we get him down to 15%, but somehow all the tanks are down, and one of our rogues picked him up and tanked him for a good 5% before getting splatted.

We were laughing so hard.

:D

Well, assuming that you did that 5% in about 15 seconds, that's not really that surprising (evasion ftw)

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Zhalseran » Tue Feb 26, 2008 4:41 pm

The evasion tank is something of beauty. I've been one, I've seen them, they never cease to amaze me.

Like the night in ZA where I was supposed to tank the dragonkin add on Malacrass. On my Rogue, mind.
Zhalseran

Postby Pizbit » Tue Feb 26, 2008 5:52 pm

Nothing as extreme as that, but:
First time in HUB a friend asked while fighting a bog lord how much they were hitting me, so I looked, and watched, and waited and '5kish' BAM BAM BAM BAM! Nearly died, my healer had stopped healing -_-.

I ran OOM 3 or 4 times on my first ever time tanking prince. Having to pot so you can get HS up is good times. I honestly didn't think I'd go OOM tanking him so wasn't watching my mana. :lol:
I have ADHD and OCD...I keep forgetting to wash my hands.
Pizbit

Postby Melathys » Wed Feb 27, 2008 7:52 am

ninja tanking in FFXI is the ultimate in evasion tanking. :wink:
Melathys

Postby Dazhbog » Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:57 pm

Zhalseran wrote:The evasion tank is something of beauty. I've been one, I've seen them, they never cease to amaze me.

Like the night in ZA where I was supposed to tank the dragonkin add on Malacrass. On my Rogue, mind.

I really, really, REALLY wish I could find the video of my group's first kill of Razuvious, where I (on the rogue) tanked him for the full 15 seconds of evasion, got splatted, and he was immediately picked up by an add afterward, and we got him. I got major kudos for helping us get that kill =D

My tanks channel on the 25 man raids is still "WLEvasiontnak"
Dazhbog

Return to Arkham Asylum