I has a insomnia

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

I has a insomnia

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:48 pm

:cry:
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Levantine » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:50 pm

<hug>
Levantine

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:56 pm

3 am...work at 8...
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Sun Feb 24, 2008 10:59 pm

1am, work at 8.30 ... I'm in the same boat :(
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Worldie » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:18 pm

wts exam in 6 hours, pst.

I also wtb knowledge of the argument
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Snake-Aes » Sun Feb 24, 2008 11:42 pm

Well, time to force myself to sleep. At least I can afford to push my times as far as I have to by working overtime today.

And worldie, if it's physics, Swap positions with me and i'll do it for you =P
Or math
Or biology
Or Philosophy
Or History
Or Geography...
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:03 am

Database menagement, wanna try?

MYSQL and such
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:13 am

Worldie wrote:Database menagement, wanna try?

MYSQL and such

Oh god. Been there, done that, got the t-shirt.

Just have fun if ever you're trying to get SQL queries into ASP.NET applications that you've written from scratch from a remote server, not local.

Fun times, hot pockets.
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby fiorina » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:18 am

Go outside and do some physical activity for 40 minutes. Then come back, have a hot shower and drink bottle of beer. You will be sleeping in 2 minutes(not necessary in bed).

...oh and 3am and work at 6 :>
fiorina
Maintankadonor

Postby guillex » Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:25 am

fiorina wrote:Go outside and do some stupid crazy amounts of physical activity for 40 minutes. Then come back, have a hot shower and chug a bottle of beer. You will be sleeping in 2 minutes(not necessary in bed).

...oh and 3am and work at 6 :>

Fixed
Póg mo thóin
guillex

Postby Warsadin » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:02 am

5am, girlfriend going to wake up pissed i'm not sleeping w/her in about an hour. GG!
Warsadin

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:31 am

Worldie wrote:Database menagement, wanna try?

MYSQL and such
<grin> just as good. Done one of those a few months ago.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Baldihar » Mon Feb 25, 2008 4:07 am

04:05 AM, been at work for the last 11.5 hours, and still got 1-2 left, go home, sleep for 5-6, get up pack lunch be back at work by 1630 to work more 12-13 hour goodness.

I don't understand all of the computer mumbo-jumbo talk goin on in here, I play with explosives most of the time if I ain't surfing the internet at work. :shock:
Baldihar

Postby Snake-Aes » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:02 am

Oh well! Woke up in time. Seems I didn't have enough sleep time to reach the deep slumbers, so it was only that half assed 2-hours sleep where you wake up 20934820938908x more tired than before.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Fivelives » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:50 am

Yeah, 2 hours sleep is usually worse than staying up for 2 hours. Sleep cycles generally go in 90 minute intervals from alpha wave to REM sleep and back, so you'd be going deeper into your second sleep cycle at the 2 hour mark. Waking up during a downward turn in a sleep cycle leaves you feeling tired and grumpy, while waking up during the upward turn in a sleep cycle will leave you feeling refreshed. Another bad thing about it is that the currently accepted theory is that REM sleep is when your brain processes and stores the days experiences. So if you're studying or cramming, or have something very important that you have to remember, you're less likely to be able to recall it if you haven't had adequate REM sleep between when you "learn" it, and when you need to recall it.

Generally an interesting insomnia "remedy" is to lay in bed in the dark and try to force yourself to stay awake. I don't know how or why it works, but it does. Failing that, look for foods that contain tryptophan (turkey is the most famous one) and make yourself a smallish snack. Tryptophan + scalded milk is a pretty powerful sleep aid. If that still doesn't do it for you, try benadryl; it has almost no side effects and very few negative drug interactions with anything else. And you're highly unlikely to be allergic to it. It's what they use in hospitals when people are having trouble sleeping because of those reasons.

I'm a career insomniac, I can get maybe one or two days of sleep a week (I live in the hottest habitable area in the states, and I tend to be a day sleeper).
Fivelives

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum