Remove Advertisements

Breaking the 25-man barrier.

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Breaking the 25-man barrier.

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:32 pm

I'm getting tired of it. Guild has about 30 people and usually 20~ show up and we get another guys to fill in.

Problem is, the way it is right now, every fight has a completely different group makeup, ending in us having to learn the same fight every f* week.

Getting more members simply doesn't happen anymore, and this time, we couldnt fill a 25-man group after we lost a healer to the internet.

How did you guys grew past the "we need more people" barrier? I can't see a way out of it anymore.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:38 pm

just noticed i posted it on the wrong place...

Bah, don't care.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Worldie » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:39 pm

I joined another guild <.<
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Re: Breaking the 25-man barrier.

Postby NarfJones » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:42 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:I'm getting tired of it. Guild has about 30 people and usually 20~ show up and we get another guys to fill in.

Problem is, the way it is right now, every fight has a completely different group makeup, ending in us having to learn the same fight every f* week.

Getting more members simply doesn't happen anymore, and this time, we couldnt fill a 25-man group after we lost a healer to the internet.

How did you guys grew past the "we need more people" barrier? I can't see a way out of it anymore.

Step 1) Recruit like f'in mad
Step 2) Spend way too much gearing the people that you recruit
Step 3) Have the guild all but denigrates because everyone is tired of the same old content
Step 4) Find a new guild

Having seen this happen an unbelievable amount of times, the only solution I've seen is to have more than one solid, constant group in the 10 man content. 3 if you can swing it. It's really really difficult to recruit enough people that are at the right gear level and need no work.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sat Feb 23, 2008 2:53 pm

DD had this problem for a while. We lost a lot of actives when school started, and then again when holiday break came about. I got tired of farming ZA, so I looked on our server's progression post on the official forums to see who was around our progression level.

Then, I approached officers about joining DD with a core group. NOTE: JOINING. NOT MERGING. Guild mergers are doomed to fail, I can think of ONE in my entire WoW career that worked. Too much head-butting between guild officers and ex-officers.

Picked up 5-10 good players from 3 different guilds and now we have 30-40 online at raid time!
Invisusira

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:43 pm

Well it's screwed then. I'm not exactly wanting to let go of the guys of my guild. most of them are really nice
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby NarfJones » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:44 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Well it's screwed then. I'm not exactly wanting to let go of the guys of my guild. most of them are really nice

Take them with you. A group of people is sometimes really attractive to a recruiting guild.
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:50 pm

Snake-Aes wrote:Well it's screwed then. I'm not exactly wanting to let go of the guys of my guild. most of them are really nice

No, YOU approach other guilds about joining YOU. I'd never leave mine.
Invisusira

Postby Snake-Aes » Sat Feb 23, 2008 3:51 pm

Invisusira wrote:

No, YOU approach other guilds about joining YOU. I'd never leave mine.
I got what you meant. didn't work so far.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Invisusira » Sat Feb 23, 2008 4:09 pm

Ya, be presistant. I talked to a good number of guilds.
Invisusira

Postby Levantine » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:41 pm

Psh, I'd raid with you if I weren't so fail at levelling. I'd totally move Terrin to Eonar and spec Holy. =] It's just those last 5 levels, and me being unbelievably poor.... and not having a credit card. >.>

If you wanted I could always level a healing class instead of Levie. :P But then again, I'd only be able to make the weekend raids, methinks.
Levantine

Postby Dazhbog » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:12 am

Silver Hand has, as far as I know, the only large scale raiding alliance I've heard of (someone correct me if I'm worng, please). Leftovers was originally a motley crew from different guilds that decided way back when to go hit MC. The organization grew and grew until it became a rival to the top guilds on the server, organizing into public groups (open to everyone) and strike teams (closed rosters) which were killing everything from Rags to Razuvious.

I flipped servers a while back, but after our guild collapsed a group of friends and I moved back to Silver Hand, where LO is still going strong; it's about 300-400 members now, with different charters (which replaced strike teams; no more closed rosters, every raid's open to all to sign up, although the leads select the final roster) in everything from Kara to SSC/TK pushing into Hyjal. There's pretty much enough interest (and people) to fill 2-4 raids a night, every night, all week long.

This is pretty much the end, large scale result of what Invis is saying; ally yourselves with another guild at a similar progression level.
Dazhbog

Postby Jeada » Sun Feb 24, 2008 2:50 pm

We got this problem right now. Atm were doin 25's with another guild.

It's ok, but honestly it feel too puggish for my tastes. Add on the
Fact the we raid pretty late dosent help to keep people.

I've been thinking about leaving, but I do like the people here, plus,
I refuse to get pigonedholed into being a healbot again. I am a
good tank, damn good.

A shame my server has a sever healer shortage, this is whats kinda killin us atm.
Jeada

Postby Exalt » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:25 am

Dazhbog wrote:Silver Hand has, as far as I know, the only large scale raiding alliance I've heard of (someone correct me if I'm worng, please). Leftovers was originally a motley crew from different guilds that decided way back when to go hit MC. The organization grew and grew until it became a rival to the top guilds on the server, organizing into public groups (open to everyone) and strike teams (closed rosters) which were killing everything from Rags to Razuvious.

I flipped servers a while back, but after our guild collapsed a group of friends and I moved back to Silver Hand, where LO is still going strong; it's about 300-400 members now, with different charters (which replaced strike teams; no more closed rosters, every raid's open to all to sign up, although the leads select the final roster) in everything from Kara to SSC/TK pushing into Hyjal. There's pretty much enough interest (and people) to fill 2-4 raids a night, every night, all week long.

This is pretty much the end, large scale result of what Invis is saying; ally yourselves with another guild at a similar progression level.

There's a fairly large group on Argent Dawn called MoK (Magicians of Kisses). They're a raiding group composed of people from various guilds. They downed illidan a week or two ago.
Exalt - 70 - Argent Dawn

Exalt

Postby Vanifae » Tue Feb 26, 2008 8:35 am

Offer them naked pictures, that usually works for me.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum