Thoughts and feels about "The Superpower"

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Thoughts and feels about "The Superpower"

Postby Thesupreme » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:54 pm

Thesupreme wrote:
I guess they are old.. but still worth to show 'em


i get the feeling you dont like America much. nice to see we're equally hated by everyone. but ill save that for another thread. more pics when i get home from work!


Yeah.. I guess you hit the nail on the head... Just feels kinda sucky watching the only Superpower in the world police the world, like it's their given right to do so, and still contribute more to destroying earth then any other country on the planet. Can you say Kyoto...? "The American life-style will not be compromised"

Proper life-style for sure. The most obeese ppl in the world.

/rant off



/agree, and I live here... -.-


Good for you, now imagine beeing me.
I live in Sweden, I recycle everything. My family drive a car with bi-fuel. I take the bus whenever possible, which also runs on bi-fuel. Hell, we even (Although limited) grow our own potatoes and hunt.

And then, I watch other countries (Read US and A) that drive their phat SUV's and pay nothing for their gasoline. And I just feel that whatever I do, is useless because nothing will ever change. Or maybe ww3 will change that. I predict China and USA will start a war over who gets to be comfortable. Since with the pace that China is holding right now, there is no way that they will continue with the living standards they currently have.

I'm ranting. Maybe I should start a new topic about this, what gives?


nah the chinese and rest of the eastern world manufacturing US goods are gonna pull the the ol "fuck you" card out and the US will learn their lesson real quick and yes this would require a new thread


Anyone wanna continue on this?

So new thread. It's pretty off-topic from tankadins, so I guess it should fit in here.

Now that I'm writing this I feel that it's going to be interesting what you actual Americans think and feel about this. (I belive most ppl here are from the US anyway.)
Superman tanks all!

Thesupreme - 70 - Al'Akir - I aint no superman
Thesupreme
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 am

Postby Vanifae » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:55 pm

I vote boobs.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
User avatar
Vanifae
 
Posts: 7123
Joined: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:36 am

Postby Thesupreme » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:00 pm

Vanifae wrote:I vote boobs.


Boobs are indeed nice. I'd like George's man-boobs tho.
Superman tanks all!

Thesupreme - 70 - Al'Akir - I aint no superman
Thesupreme
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 am

Postby Beltaine » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Boobs come with their own running mate.
How can you go wrong?
<insert armory sig here>
<witty comment here>
User avatar
Beltaine
 
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Nov 08, 2007 8:15 am

Postby Mortehl » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:01 pm

Round and natural and perfect.. .mmmmm booobs.
Arthas, we're coming for you. (Eventually)
Mortehl
Moderator
 
Posts: 1289
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2007 8:25 am
Location: Naxx 10 prepping for Naxx 25

Postby Thesupreme » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:03 pm

Will I actually have to provoke ppl to give me some discussion?

Anyhow, boobs indeed. Oh, yeah, I'm going out drinking tonight, hopefully I will end up with a pair I can snuggle with tonight ^^
Superman tanks all!

Thesupreme - 70 - Al'Akir - I aint no superman
Thesupreme
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 am

Postby Annabelle » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:04 pm

Vanifae wrote:I vote boobs.


Can't go wrong with that,

As for what you've read it's true but a stereotypen not all americans fall under this. My folks have a hybrid, I recycle my cans and plastic, I don't have an SUV, have a mid sized car with 4 cylinders. Some people hunter here that are in the country as well as grow their own food, my old man has a big garden in his back yard. It all depends on where on lives.
Image
Keep your friends close and your curly fries even closer.
User avatar
Annabelle
 
Posts: 595
Joined: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:12 am
Location: San Diego CA

Postby Warrender » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:08 pm

Boobs are taking a beating in the Democratic Primaries.
Image
User avatar
Warrender
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 1257
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2007 7:35 am

Postby Thesupreme » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:09 pm

Annabelle wrote:
Vanifae wrote:I vote boobs.


Can't go wrong with that,

As for what you've read it's true but a stereotypen not all americans fall under this. My folks have a hybrid, I recycle my cans and plastic, I don't have an SUV, have a mid sized car with 4 cylinders. Some people hunter here that are in the country as well as grow their own food, my old man has a big garden in his back yard. It all depends on where on lives.


Then how come usa keeps spitting out carbon dioxide and the likes without recognition? I mean, most of the Americans have to behave like this, since there is no denying that you keep spewing out world destroying toxics in the same pace as a country with more then 5x the population..
Superman tanks all!

Thesupreme - 70 - Al'Akir - I aint no superman
Thesupreme
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 am

Postby Euphoria » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:11 pm

I have nothing against the rest of the world hating us.

However, look at it from the American perspective. We're the most powerful country on the planet. For the last 60 years no other country has stepped up as a leader, the job has therefore fallen to us.

For fourty-five years the U.S.A. was the only country in the world capable of stopping the Soviets (even though it was through Mutually Assured Destruction) if they'd chosen to expand their control from Eastern to Western Europe, or if they'd chosen to advance further into the Middle East. The threat of nuclear war with the U.S. was the only thing that kept the U.S.S.R. in check. A British ban on the exportation of Stilton cheese sure as hell wasn't going to stop the Soviet Premiers :0 Most of you are to young to remember the Cold War so I doubt that this paragraph has any effect on you.

After the fall of the Soviet Union in 89-90 the U.S. leadership and the rise of the EU a decade later U.S. involvement in Europe really SHOULD be limited. We're still the biggest and baddest but no, we shouldn't try to police the world.


Honestly, I think we should take a step backward and adopt a foreign policy much like the one we had when Wilson was president. Move the U.N. from New York City to Geneva, send only only as much funding to the U.N. as the next highest contributor, stop giving subsidies to developing nations, impose (light) tariffs on incoming goods until our economy is stabilized, and close our borders to new immigration.

Oh, and we should make English the official language of the U.S.


Yeah, us acting like every other country in the world wouldn't have a significant, negative, impact at all.
Image
Euphoria
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Postby Euphoria » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:12 pm

And boobs are indeed epic.

Purple boobs....Kinky.
Image
Euphoria
 
Posts: 442
Joined: Thu Dec 06, 2007 12:52 pm

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:14 pm

Given it's the country who spews the most pollution, saying that "it just depends on where you are" won't help much.
Refusing to cooperate with the Kyoto stuff doesn't help either.


Just..pointing these two. There's a lot more going on anywhere but that country is blatant on that.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Snake-Aes » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:21 pm

Euphoria wrote:Yeah, us acting like every other country in the world wouldn't have a significant, negative, impact at all.


Those are amongst the most strict immigration rules already.

I doubt *any* country will ever "step up to the job of world leader", every country just freaking care about themselves, if others are benefiting from it, more power to them. But if another is screwed by it...who cares?

If you, as a country, "rules" anything, it's because you can and benefit from it, not because you "must". And you definitely don't give a damn to whoever is screwed in the process.
This applies to any country.




I sincerely suggest that this thread is just locked. It's going to consist mostly of usa-haters arguing against the usa people, with an odd wise paragraph.
Politics, Soccer, personal tastes are things that never end well in a discussion.
Image
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
User avatar
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor
 
Posts: 15540
Joined: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:15 am
Location: Thorns

Postby Thesupreme » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:25 pm

@ Euphoria
As you said, most of us are not old enough to remeber ww2. Since it was along time ago, it was also a long time ago since soviet fell. However, the US keeps policing the world. And I highly doubt that they will stop. I mean, why would they? It's comfortable to rule the world, it means you can do whatever the hell you want, and no one can't really do anything about it, cause that might hurt the relation ship between that country and the big boss. See the problem?

Btw, I don't really see what the point of closing your borders to immigrants. I mean, I live in a place where we have alot of immigrants. It's a big issue in sweden, currently 1 million out of 9 million ppl here are first, second or third generation immigrants. I mean, the US is a pretty huge country, and I'm sure if you stopped spending so much of your budget on your military you could take good care of more immigrants. That are forced to flee from their countries because someone wanted oil.. err.. I mean democracy and freedom.
I'm sure, if you'd ask a thousand random ppl in Iraq what they think about the invasion of their country.. they would probably dislike it.
Superman tanks all!

Thesupreme - 70 - Al'Akir - I aint no superman
Thesupreme
 
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Dec 07, 2007 9:23 am

Postby Fivelives » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:25 pm

Having lived in a few other countries (Germany and Korea in the military, and Japan because I wanted to), I find myself disliking America. Not necessarily because of any big sweeping political ideals, or because we insist on being world police, but because of the general populace.

I can see why every country (almost) hates us. It's pretty bad when the French make jokes about American arrogance.

The problem I see with this country is that we have been raised to think that we are somehow "The Best", and that everyone else in the world is inferior to us. Bush (both Bush Sr. and Jr. are like this) is a prime example. So it's no wonder that we have the highest greenhouse emissions, lowest standards of education among any first-world country, and are generally the laughingstock of the world. We firmly believe in our status as a superpower, even though by any definition of the word, we aren't. We are a power, to be sure, but not a superpower by any stretch of the imagination.

People will change ideas, but will die for beliefs. I think that sums it up in 10 words or less. The belief that we are "the only country capable of <task X>" lead directly to our policy of meddling outside of our borders and becoming Team America: World Police.
User avatar
Fivelives
 
Posts: 3108
Joined: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:55 pm

Next

Return to Arkham Asylum

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 380 on Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:28 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest