Prot in arena

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Prot in arena

Postby Rykis » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:24 pm

Maybe it was because it was Monday night, or maybe it was just dumb luck, but I did ok last week in a 5v5 as prot. We suck anyway, but last week we did really well.

In at least 2 battles I got focused by rogues and warriors and just laughed. Normally, I go in as holy, but I didn't want to spend the cash respecing... and truthfully we know we suck anyway.

So, what is the deal? Did I throw off the other team by being a prot pally in arena? I still had holy gear on, and I did not throw my shield (until a minute or so in at least :).
Rykis

Postby Rykis » Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:44 pm

Ok, apparently this post isn't funny enough for this forum. Or perhaps it doesn't make you hungry enough.

For lunch today I had clam cakes and chowda (yes that is how we actually spell it New England!). It was really good and really greesy. What would you have ordered?

http://www.chelos.com/menudetail.cfm?menucatidno=2
Rykis

Postby Aarek » Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:04 pm

I pwn rogues in the arena simply because they die to all that reflective damage, that and they hit like grandma's though the plate.

Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are bastards'.
Aarek

Postby sanctifico » Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:16 pm

PVP for me is actually about 5mins of me crying with laughter because this BM hunter, Fury warrior and rogue, have been wailing on me and just died to reflective damage.
OR i just met a green geared mage/priest/warlock/elemental shaman/boonkin... and had my 16.7k health vanish leaving me crying.

3/6 Sunwell Pre-Nerf.
sanctifico

Postby Wachter » Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:18 pm

sanctifico wrote:OR i just met a green geared mage/priest/warlock/elemental shaman/boonkin... and had my 16.7k health vanish leaving me crying.

Ah feel ur pain ;_;
Ulushnar wrote:If the enemy gets too close, then I whip out the Combat shotgun from 'neath my Kilt.
Wachter

Postby Uthadanin » Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:36 am

Wachter wrote:
sanctifico wrote:OR i just met a green geared mage/priest/warlock/elemental shaman/boonkin... and had my 16.7k health vanish leaving me crying.

Ah feel ur pain ;_;

i'm on an arena team with multiple vanishers, so its normally me and another pally standing there when the casters charge... our rogue takes out their lock while our druid is occupying their healer and our warrior waits for lock to die to charge next squishy.

Now if this only worked against more teams. 1 lock isn't bad, add a boomkin or shadowpriest and my team looks ugly.
Uthadanin

Re: Prot in arena

Postby Bemm » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:45 pm

Rykis wrote:Maybe it was because it was Monday night, or maybe it was just dumb luck, but I did ok last week in a 5v5 as prot. We suck anyway, but last week we did really well.

In at least 2 battles I got focused by rogues and warriors and just laughed. Normally, I go in as holy, but I didn't want to spend the cash respecing... and truthfully we know we suck anyway.

So, what is the deal? Did I throw off the other team by being a prot pally in arena? I still had holy gear on, and I did not throw my shield (until a minute or so in at least :).

I'm doing arena as prot atm...

basically i just heal, i don't heal as well as holy, but i live longer.... stum someone, do some interrupts, and when you're the last one standing, BUBBLE HEARTH!

my 2c, you want more? TOUGH i need change.
Bemm

Postby Sharlos » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:04 pm

It would be nice if Avenger's Shield silenced people for 6 seconds as well.
And maybe add to a talent in prot giving JoJ a snare (deep prot).
Sharlos

Postby Arjuna » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:15 pm

Sharlos wrote:It would be nice if Avenger's Shield silenced people for 6 seconds as well.

Yes, it would be useful for pulling those nasty casters in instances aswell...

and since it requires 41 points in prot, it wont be an imba build for pvp anyway, hehe

...except for carrying flags :)
Arjuna

Postby NarfJones » Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:53 pm

Sharlos wrote:It would be nice if Avenger's Shield silenced people for 6 seconds as well.
And maybe add to a talent in prot giving JoJ a snare (deep prot).

How many stuns do you think we need?
NarfJones
Maintankadonor

Return to Arkham Asylum