The Overpull

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Postby Worldie » Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:06 pm

Time for the old quote

HEY MAN THIS PLACE IS EASY LET'S PULL A NORMAL GROUP AND TWO GLADIATOR ONES
theckhd wrote:Fuck no, we've seen what you do to guilds. Just imagine what you could do to an entire country. Just visiting the US might be enough to make the southern states try to secede again.

halabar wrote:Noo.. you don't realize the problem. Worldie was to negative guild breaking energy like Bolvar is to the Scourge. If Worldie is removed, than someone must pick up that mantle, otherwise that negative guild breaking energy will run rampant, destroying all the servers.
Worldie
Global Mod

Postby Baldihar » Tue Feb 19, 2008 7:48 pm

God it has been so long since I have thought about EQ, played that for 7 years before I moved to WoW.

Anyways, by far the best train ever that i had seen to date was when we were trying to get the warrior epic quest part out of that temple in western kunark, off from Burning Woods (sorry can't remember the name off hand...one with all the red lizard guys) and we were crossing the bridge into the Royals area and the bridge spawn was bugged (the undead skeleton guys). We didn't realize how bugged it really was til our Warrior said "INC a few!" and about 150 of those skeletons that were piled on top of each other came rushing towards the raid. There is a screenshot on my old guilds website I will have to resurrect but it was definately a classic train.

Our warrior MT later quit the game and I don't know how she pulled it off, but they made her character an NPC out by the Temple of Solusek Ro... something Darkhart was her name.

Speaking of EQ, I actually miss the days of Public dungeons, and camping the rare spawns for 30+ hours to get that one item you need for a damned quest or for some plat! sat on Frenzied Ghoul in LGuk for 36 hours for an FBSS cuz I needed the Haste for my Warrior! Or the cleric Epic weapon dragon kill... freakin 7 day spawn timer...
Baldihar

Postby kvark » Wed Feb 20, 2008 12:29 am

http://www.electricfunstuff.com/songdow ... _(original).mp3

you recall this epic song ? =)

Seriously tho, epic in EQ was indeed epic. I was main healer in one of the first guilds to down avatar of war (not FoH), and the cleric epic weapon had a non-CD "resurrect" spell :D Also, our most common heal was a 10 second cast complete heal =P Really want to plan things ahead in time when mobs usually can kill the maintank in 1 second.

EQ was FAR FAR harder than wow will ever be. Just think about the first plane of fear trips and such...
Last edited by kvark on Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
kvark

Postby fafhrd » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:01 am

i don't know what all this means but it sounds amazing.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Baldihar » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:18 pm

EQ Cleric.... the true definition of a healbot....

Literally stand up, cast heal, heal lands, cleric sits down to med mana back...

And the lovely Complete Heal chain!
Baldihar

Postby kvark » Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:55 am

*brrrr*

evere tried the 0.5 second healchain with 0.4 second lag ? =P
kvark

Postby Jeada » Thu Feb 21, 2008 2:15 pm

I didn't play Eq but I did play FFXI, which was just a clone.

Back it the day you could literly shut down whole zones.
Crawlers nest and Garledge citidal... bot mid level areas that were a crap
shot to zone into.

a memories of poorly designed programming...
Jeada

Postby Baldihar » Sat Feb 23, 2008 8:13 pm

Another quick EQ note... You think Warlocks are OP in WoW, have a look see at EQ Necromancers...

I was soloing raid bosses that were only 1 expansion behind, and I was in crap gear. the ablilty to have 1 bad ass pet all the time, and be able to animate up to 10 more is just absurd.
Baldihar

Postby Gillman » Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:16 pm

oh man i miss EQ now... :(
Gillman

Previous

Return to Arkham Asylum