Random Picture Post

Invisusira's playground

Moderators: Aergis, Invisusira

Re: Random Picture Post

Postby bldavis » Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:25 pm

Invisusira wrote:Image

LAWL

Brekkie:Tanks are like shitty DPS. And healers are like REALLY distracted DPS
Amirya:Why yes, your penis is longer than his because you hit 30k dps in the first 10 seconds. But guess what? That raid boss has a dick bigger than your ego.
Flex:I don't make mistakes. I execute carefully planned strategic group wipes.
Levie:(in /g) It's weird, I have a collar and I dont know where I got it from, Worgen are kinky!
Levie:Drunk Lev goes and does what he pleases just to annoy sober Lev.
Sagara:You see, you need to *spread* the bun before you insert the hot dog.
bldavis

Location: Searching for myself. If i get back before I return, please have me stop and wait for myself.

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Jun 20, 2012 2:37 pm

Lightbeard

Postby Lightbeard » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:45 pm

The good side of 4chan
Lightbeard

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 pm

Lightbeard wrote:The good side of 4chan

That some douche can get a chick fired for blowing off a bit of steam on her Facebook page? Seriously?

It's not like she was reporting something she had done, just that someone under-tipped on a large-ish food bill and she was annoyed because she probably only makes minimum wage and depends on tips to make a decent living.

Blowing off steam on an internet page is not unhygenic, and doesn't harm anyone since the poor-tipper was not identified.

I would much rather have a server who blows off steam on Facebook than one who actually takes it out on the patrons.

That's not justice served - that's just trolling, causing financial hardship for a girl working her way through community college.
Retired. Koatanga, Shapely, Sultry, Doominatrix of Greenstone - Dath'Remar
Koatanga

Postby Skye1013 » Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:44 pm

You're making a lot of assumptions there Koatanga... unless of course you know the girl personally.

That being said, we're only hearing her side of the story (in a limited form of "I hate getting small tips.") Who's to say she was a good server?

Do I think it required sending in the feedback to Chili's? Probably not. And I especially think it was tacky to show it off publicly that they did so.
"me no gay, me friends gay, me no like you call me gay, you dumb dumb" -bldavis
"Here are the values that I stand for: I stand for honesty, equality, kindness, compassion, treating people the way you wanna be treated, and helping those in need. To me, those are traditional values. That’s what I stand for." -Ellen Degeneres
"I'm not going to censor myself to comfort your ignorance." -Jon Stewart
Horde: Clopin Dylon Sharkbait Xiaman Metria Metapriest
Alliance: Schatze Aleks Deegee Baileyi Sotanaht Danfer Shazta Rawrsalot Roobyroo
Skye1013
Maintankadonor

Postby Klaudandus » Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:25 pm

One: Have your facebook completely private
Two: Use a nickname only your friends know
Three: Never list your place of employment

or

One: Don't have a facebook

That said, I know I'd be taken to HR for some of the things I've said on these forums, but it would take quite a while to actually track my comments to me.
The Element of Forum Hyperbole
---
Flüttershy - Draenei Protection Paladin, Aerie Peak
Klaudandus - BE Protection Paladin, Feathermoon (Semi-retired)
Klaudandus

Postby Koatanga » Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:09 pm

Skye1013 wrote:You're making a lot of assumptions there Koatanga... unless of course you know the girl personally.

That being said, we're only hearing her side of the story (in a limited form of "I hate getting small tips.") Who's to say she was a good server?

Do I think it required sending in the feedback to Chili's? Probably not. And I especially think it was tacky to show it off publicly that they did so.

I don't think so. Chili's is a chain restaurant employing servers who are just out of high school, so I really doubt they will be paying more than minimum wage + tips. Heck, I knew someone who worked for Denny's who was 40 and made min + tips. It's pretty common.

I am assuming she didn't actually spit in anything, nor intended to spit in anything, because she said "next time you give me a low tip", which she won't discover until after the next time they have finished their meal and paid for the bill. So it's an empty threat at best, which means it's just blowing off steam. Maybe she wasn't emo enough to post "Got a lousy tip on a big table. FML." so she expressed it that way.

Than there's the assumption of douchebag. This is a person posting on 4chan who is "shocked" by someone making an obviously empty threat to spit in an unknown person's food. I'm sorry, if you are "shocked and disgusted" by as little as a Facebook post, WTF are you doing on 4chan? Dude's a troll pretending to be "shocked" just for lols, and ended up getting someone fired, assuming the response form Chili's is genuine.

Here's a shot of the troll in action:

Koatanga

Postby Invisusira » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:54 am

Koatanga, while there's nothing wrong with blowing off steam, doing so by making threats - be them idle or not - about what you're going to do to customers at your workplace on a massively popular and fully public website that also has a link to your exact workplace on it is simply doing it wrong.

No company - especially a large, nationwide chain - is going to have their image publicly tarnished like that, even if the person is a good employee and "just blowing off steam."

Invisusira

Postby Nikachelle » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:51 am

If you are stupid enough to link your Facebook profile to your work place AND indicate that you would do something disgusting to a paying customer's food, joke or not, you DESERVE to get fired.
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby Snake-Aes » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:02 am

Nikachelle wrote:If you are stupid enough to link your Facebook profile to your work place AND indicate that you would do something disgusting to a paying customer's food, joke or not, you DESERVE to get fired.

Pretty much. People forget that Facebook is a public place: Saying anything there is different than saying it loudly in public only in the sense that there will be more people listening, forever.

She would have had less chances of being fired if she had said that right in front of the bad tipper.
I am not allowed to seduce the abyssal's lunar mate.
Snake-Aes
Maintankadonor

Postby Koatanga » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:47 pm

No. Warn the person, have her remove the comment from her Facebook, etc - that's what you do. You don't fire someone just because some dumbass troll decided to dob her in for lols.

Penny talks about spitting in Sheldon's food on multiple occasions. It doesn't mean she's ever going to do it, or would even consider doing it to anyone. It's a joke. A meme. The real idiots here are the liar who pretended to be offended and Chili's for buying it.

If firing people for making an obvious joke on Facebook is commonplace, then I am even more happy I moved out of the US.

Koatanga

Postby Invisusira » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:43 pm

Koatanga wrote:No. Warn the person, have her remove the comment from her Facebook, etc - that's what you do. You don't fire someone just because some dumbass troll decided to dob her in for lols.

Penny talks about spitting in Sheldon's food on multiple occasions. It doesn't mean she's ever going to do it, or would even consider doing it to anyone. It's a joke. A meme. The real idiots here are the liar who pretended to be offended and Chili's for buying it.

If firing people for making an obvious joke on Facebook is commonplace, then I am even more happy I moved out of the US.

So basically, you've been offended by 4chan at some point and have taken this hatred to heart.

Grow up a bit. It's pretty clear you have absolutely no idea how corporate image works.

Good job citing some random TV show as proof that you're right, though. Television - the sitcom in particular - is always based on 100% factual and realistic situations that you see constantly occurring in real, everyday life.

Invisusira

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:08 pm

I said it already, dont have your facebook set to public, if you must, dont list ur workplace... If you must, then dont say anything that can get you fired...

If she had her facebook set to private, so only her friends could see it, she could vent all she wanted without risk of it exploding on ur face...

So yeah, while i dont like that the chick lost her job to an internet troll, the fault lies entirely at her feet.
---
Klaudandus

Postby Arnock » Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:39 pm

LESS TALKING, MOAR PIKTURZ!!!1

Courage not of this earth in your eyes
Faith from far beyond lies deep inside
Arnock

Postby Klaudandus » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:09 pm

---
Klaudandus

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum