Well?

Cake
44%
Pie
56%

Total votes : 282

Re: Cake vs Pie

Postby uke » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:43 am

Torquemada wrote:Spice cake. Cream cheese frosting. Nothing is better. NOTHING. Unless it's cake soup.

Originally posted by Tycho on January 14th 2002

Long story short, I'm getting my chicken soup on, it's Sunday afternoon, and Gabe's reading some Preacher in the Den, which is also the living room, the bathroom, and the foyer. I am interacting with pasta dough in what I think is a stern way, when I hear him say that he might like the soup better if it were, in fact, carrot cake. It hits us, hits us both, simultaneously, like a semi made out of lightning which is also a professional boxer. Carrot Cake Soup. You cube the carrot cake, some pieces have frosting and some don't, and you put a handful of these chunks into a bowl full of milk. So let's go do it. We'll do it later this week, he says. But I know that's the same as not doing it. Why not now, I say? I know a store where we can get all the stuff. You can just buy it, the way you can buy stuff in the household cleaners section and make a bomb big enough to kill God. The stuff is just lying around there and nobody's doing anything with it. It's not a crime to buy them separately, and what we do at home isn't any of their fucking business.

I think someone might have been following us as we pulled into the parking lot, we walked toward the grocery store and tried to keep the conversation natural. We certainly didn't discuss carrot cake or the soup one might make by cutting it into cubes and swimming islands of it in cold milk, pleasure islands, like you'd see in a magazine. At the bakery counter, a woman asks if she can help me, and I'm so nervous that as I'm pointing to the carrot cake behind the glass, my finger starts to tap in Morse Code that reads:

I AM ABOUT TO COMMIT A CRIME AGAINST GOD AND MAN STOP

And where is Gabe with that Goddamn milk? There he is, in the self-checkout. Idiot. There's cameras all over that thing, it's like a Goddamn surveillance tree. It doesn't take a genius to put two and two together. A red light flashes on, and off in my mind. At another checkstand, I pay with untraceable cash, assuring the woman that I will eat the cake by myself, without assistance from cows. I smirk. This woman has no idea that she's just sold me the trigger to a flavor gun. Carrot Cake Soup is like the taste of watching girls make out. It has an extraordinary power that oscillates between gentle and overwhelming, between light and dark, between pleasure and more pleasure. When it was over, I realized that I was panting. I was in possession of carnal knowledge. And I knew that, somehow, every taste beyond this point was in the service of the one that still lingered, waited, to remind me that nature has laws, and those that break them are criminals, and though they roam free enough the knowing will hold them, and keep them, until the last.

Holy crap that was awesome :lol:
Pally's been relegated to AH duties.

RAWR'ing it up as a bear now, with a side of boomkin.
uke

Postby fafhrd » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:54 am

I approach this question in the same way I approach any choices between things: ascribing properties of the things to people relevant to the discussion, and seeing which improves them more.

Observe:

Option 1: Invisusira, contained in a crisp crust, dusted with sugar, with a warm, juicy filling.

Option 2: Invisusira, covered in chocolate cream, soaked in rum, with hardened cherries inside.

I think the choice is clear.

edit: omnomnomnom
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Falibard » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:57 am

fafhrd wrote:Option 2: Invisusira, covered in chocolate cream, soaked in rum, with hardened cherries inside.

Hmm too vague... does "soaked in rum" imply a drunk Invis or is it just for flavor?
Falibard

Postby fafhrd » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:02 am

I think one would lead to the other, so let's go with both.
ImageImage
1/1 Lore pre-nerf.
fafhrd

Postby Pfife » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:10 am

fafhrd wrote:I think one would lead to the other, so let's go with both.

^this and enough of either will lead to some fine CBH.
Ghostcrawler: Right. If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.
Pfife

Postby Rithale » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:43 am

I must add that ice cream cake in of itself puts it in the lead for me. So THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE!!! I think we can even get a achivment for cooking like that...
Rithale

Postby Falibard » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:49 am

Rithale wrote:I must add that ice cream cake in of itself puts it in the lead for me. So THE CAKE IS NOT A LIE!!! I think we can even get a achivment for cooking like that...

IACS
Falibard

Postby Vanifae » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:55 am

Ice Cream Cake is decent.

Pie ala Mode is superior.
This is why I'm a humorless feminist. Because rape jokes killed my sense of humor.
Minnerva wrote:if you act like a jerk then we push you away unless when born the girl got slapped around by her father.
Vanifae

Postby Delphineas » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:27 am

Cake is good, Pie is fail.

Bu I submit for your consideration.....FUDGE
Fan of angels and catgirls.
Current MMO: EVE
Delphineas

Postby Falibard » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:46 am

Keep your fudge.
Falibard

Postby Torquemada » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:52 am

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/42402/

I'm forced to wonder how bacon would improve the palate perfection that is cake.
Torquemada

Postby Dracora » Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:09 pm

Invisusira wrote:This subject has come up in multiple threads, so I feel it is time to put the argument to rest.

Most cakes are just too sweet for me. I have to go with a blueberry pie.
"Those who are strong have to be right."
~ Wufei Chang
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Spinebreaker&n=Dracora
Dracora

Postby Dorvan » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:42 am

Because some of you young whippersnappers are making duplicate threads :evil:

WHAT WOULD BEST DESCRIBE YOUR PERSONALITY?
Moonlight Sonata Techno Remix
Scriggle - 85 Fire Mage
Fizzmore - 81 Mut Rogue
Adorania - 80 Disc Priest
Dorvan
Maintankadonor

Postby Nikachelle » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 am

Dorvan wrote:Because some of you young whippersnappers are making duplicate threads :evil:

Now that's one hell of a necro. D:
Nikachelle
Maintankadonor

Postby aranil » Tue Sep 14, 2010 9:58 am

Nikachelle wrote:
Dorvan wrote:Because some of you young whippersnappers are making duplicate threads :evil:

Now that's one hell of a necro. D:

And it shall raise from the grave!!!!!!!

Quick, get the rifle!
aranil

PreviousNext

Return to Arkham Asylum